WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

icc2515

I tend to think that if they do cancel June which it look like they are doing that July 1st is out. I would tend to guess July 5th or 6th. It's only an extra 4 or 5 days to remain closed. I just can't see them being open on independence day and not having fireworks. I have been there for the 4th at the MK and it was insane. Even at 50% capacity everybody wants to be in front of the castle for the fireworks and that is too many people. Sure they could blame Covid for the fireworks cancellation, but might as well just be closed for the extra couple of days and avoid the hassle.

It's just a guess and I have been wrong about everything else so probably this too.

ZoneOfTheEnder

Maybe Disney should take a clue from NASCAR. . . . Open the parks with cast members, limit 16 per attraction, who video their Disney Parks experiences (Man that Dole Whip looks tasty and refreshing) and close the parks to fans and maybe allow social distancing tailgating in the parking lots.
That way there would be no conflict with guests and there children who take their masks off because it is too hot and they can’t breath through them after wearing them for 6 hours straight. Plus no liability for Disney if a baby or toddler dies of heatstroke (Let‘s not forget guests who have medical conditions like asthma that can’t tolerate a face mask and other folks with Medical Disabilities . . . . ). Most importantly guests who become frustrated because they can’t get on any rides and blame Disney. NASCAR might have the right formula . . . The sensation brought to you on your TV ... more money for beer and chips.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The NBA had a meeting with players and vibe is that there is not enough information to know when they may restart. If the NBA can't operate in bubble at one site than I don't see how Disney World can be reopen considering the dynamic of people in/out all the time.

rowrbazzle

The NBA had a meeting with players and vibe is that there is not enough information to know when they may restart. If the NBA can't operate in bubble at one site than I don't see how Disney World can be reopen considering the dynamic of people in/out all the time.

I think it's a different dynamic. If a CM or guest gets sick, they go home and the parks keep going. If LeBron James or Giannis Antetokounmpo get sick, the season is shot.

MuteSuperstar

Also Silver said they are preparing for the possibility of no fans through next season.

AugieMorosco

New ones. They are still canceling existing reservations one week at a time. Not into June yet.
I have a July 6-16 booked and was sent a survey today on my trip.
At least twice in the survey cast members and guests both wearing face coverings was mentioned. Probably no surprise since Shanghai is doing the same, but worth a mention. One section, pasted below, was about what would make me consider canceling my trip. I think this provides some concrete insight into their thinking, as well as expectation that in some capacity WDW will be open by July. As a side note, under normal circumstances they would be looking to appease the largest number of guests. With such limited capacity, I'm curious how they'll use the data. Some restrictions, which might drive away large groups of people, might then become favorable.
20200509_000145.jpg

20200509_000056.jpg

wdw71fan

It's telling to observe which insiders right now are giving very limited info and saying "I don't know", versus which ones are trying to yank a rabbit out of their hat at every turn.

The truth is that now is a very opportune time for someone who wishes to gain that sort of attention. Always look at the big picture and snort several lines of salt when you come across insider info during this time.

“I don’t know” is the only truthful answer out there.. mainly because the decisions will be very much data driven.. and the data isn’t there yet..

so you’re right, as Steve postulated earlier in the thread...if they post enough guesses someone will hit the mark. All I know is there are a limited amount of CMs being pulled from furlough the week of the 18th. that’s about the extent of anything concrete Iknow at this point.

what I can say is there is just as much rumor and heresay inside the company right now as there is here. Maybe more.

BWDVCkidsince96

May not tell you that the resort pools are probably going to be closed.. So that upgraded look view room is not worth it.

have they mentioned pools being closed ? I was thinking this but then I remembered everything I’ve read has indicated chlorine and everything used in pools would kill the virus. So presumably pools would just be closed because they’d be congregating areas ? I thought the guidelines just mentioned spacing out chairs

icc2515

have they mentioned pools being closed ? I was thinking this but then I remembered everything I’ve read has indicated chlorine and everything used in pools would kill the virus. So presumably pools would just be closed because they’d be congregating areas ? I thought the guidelines just mentioned spacing out chairs
I don't believe that closing the pools or much of anything else has been mentioned as being closed when they actually open. While chlorine may kill the virus the water is not the main source of the problem. It's the person next to you sneezing coughing, yelling, etc that is the problem. They have to remain a minimum of 6 feet away from you. What are they going to do divide the pool into 12 foot squares and tell the kids that they have to remain in the center of their square and rotate out every 5 mins so everybody gets a turn. The pools are big, but not that big.

durangojim

I’ve had two conferences scheduled during this closure period, one at WDW and the other in Boston. They were not canceled. I didn’t go. They didn’t refund, just offered some BS digital version.
For the other ones by this company at Disney they have all been cancelled and state so on their website.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nowhere did Disney mention pools closed. The OC guidelines for hotels opening made reference to pool chairs being spaced out so I assume that means pools are open. What will likely be closed are water slides and possibly kids splash areas that have a lot of out of water contact points (similar to the interactive elements in the queues).
I don't believe that closing the pools or much of anything else has been mentioned as being closed when they actually open. While chlorine may kill the virus the water is not the main source of the problem. It's the person next to you sneezing coughing, yelling, etc that is the problem. They have to remain a minimum of 6 feet away from you. What are they going to do divide the pool into 12 foot squares and tell the kids that they have to remain in the center of their square and rotate out every 5 mins so everybody gets a turn. The pools are big, but not that big.
The “rules” are probably going to be that it’s up to you to keep 6 feet away from other people. As you say there’s no real way to enforce it. The same applies to the parks themselves. They can put lines on the ground for ride queues but outside of lines people will need to stay 6 feet apart but it won’t always be possible. I hate to call it “theater” but a lot of it is to make people “feel” safe enough to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom