WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VaderTron

Demand is still strong. This is only Shanghai. Fanbase is moderate. There are more die hard fans in Tokyo and here in the USA. This will become a golden ticket.
Except the prize for your Golden Ticket is a lifetime supply of memories of a trip to a place you've been many times before. Only this time it's way less fun with the restrictions, inability to ride your favorite rides, eat at your favorite restaurants, and the stress of idiots and children all around you wearing their masks on their chin (not over mouth and nose) while crowding unnecessarily within your personal space all while wondering how many people coughed on, sneezed on, or touched the item you're about to touch.

ResizedP_6btxipSm-600x338_29157975614448.gif

Last edited:

Touchdown

I really hope Disney discloses what cleaning and sanitizing chemicals they will be using.

My daughter has a medical condition where we know we have to ask the Boardwalk to prep our rooms using only vinegar and baking soda (they have always done that for us).

Personally I would want Disney to post what chemicals they will be using, how they will be applied and post the MSDS forms so we can see the health warnings associated with each cleaning and sanitizing chemical.

Also the use of perfumes and certain preservatives when airborne causes my daughter to have an asthma attack.

Disney has been very good about helping folks with disabilities and medical challenges and I hope they will tell us what and how they will be using cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.

Vinegar does not kill covid, here is the EPA approved disinfectants my guess is they will use bleach as much as possible (it’s the cheapest) but will have to use others as well.

ToTBellHop

CNBC just reported from Shanghai, that they started selling tickets to the park this morning. Tickets for the first day sold out in 3 minutes, and for the first week in less than an hour. Looks like the pent-up demand there is overwhelming the need to shelter.

Its now up to Disney to execute, and make sure the virus doesn't spread to these visitors.

Thread title from 7/12/20:

BG for RotR gone by 5:57 am!!!11

1588942731115.jpeg

Sad face.

ZoneOfTheEnder

Vinegar does not kill covid, here is the EPA approved disinfectants my guess is they will use bleach as much as possible (it’s the cheapest) but will have to use others as well.
Totally understand that but this means, for us, we cannot stay at the Boardwalk or any other Hotel or Motel if they have no other safe way to clean and disinfect without, for us and others who have similar health issues, harsh chemicals.
So if others have similar health issues the post I have shared is for them to asks questions and be properly informed before showing up for a room and one of them has an asthma attack.

Walt_Disney

I don’t see them opening until 2021. Reason is that Florida has restrictions on employees wearing masks and social distancing. I don’t see Disney sending out their princesses and other non costumed characters with face masks on. I mean can you see them having Cinderella wearing a face mask? And then also trying to keep everyone 6 ft apart and sanitizing every ride vehicle after each guest disembarks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Have you been to the zoos in Utah? It may be worth flying there.
At this point I might consider it just to get out :)

I think zoos and other mostly local attractions are the first things that should open. Zoos are primarily outside, depending on their size pretty easy to social distance and they primarily draw a local crowd. If an area has a very low number of cases it’s probably not going to be an issue opening the zoo. The Bronx Zoo isn‘t opening anytime soon, but Utah is doing pretty well. No reason not to open. WDW is a national attraction (international if they open flights). Disney isn’t just considering the situation on the ground in Orlando but the overall national outlook.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t see them opening until 2021. Reason is that Florida has restrictions on employees wearing masks and social distancing. I don’t see Disney sending out their princesses and other non costumed characters with face masks on. I mean can you see them having Cinderella wearing a face mask? And then also trying to keep everyone 6 ft apart and sanitizing every ride vehicle after each guest disembarks.
For Shanghai’s opening they said all CMs including characters would wear masks. The exception was face characters but those people will never be within 6 feet of guests. So no princess meet and greets but they can appear in the parks at a distance. I agree with the other logistical issues being a challenge.

Incomudro

A lot of people will take it with a grain of salt, since the news tends to over- sensationalize stuff anyway.

If the *real* data, and it is an “if”, shows a massive uptick in cases and deaths, then things will pause, but no one knows for sure what will really happen....so we shall see.....

Yes, it depends on the extent of the increase in cases.
If increases rise at a rate that is not alarming, concerns won't be particularly high.
If they rise steeply and quickly things will be different.

peter11435

Mask requirement for employees won’t keep them from opening.

RaveOnEd

At this point I might consider it just to get out :)

I think zoos and other mostly local attractions are the first things that should open. Zoos are primarily outside, depending on their size pretty easy to social distance and they primarily draw a local crowd. If an area has a very low number of cases it’s probably not going to be an issue opening the zoo. The Bronx Zoo isn‘t opening anytime soon, but Utah is doing pretty well. No reason not to open. WDW is a national attraction (international if they open flights). Disney isn’t just considering the situation on the ground in Orlando but the overall national outlook.
I agree. And speaking of which, the Bronx Zoo is amazing! I love it there!

DisneyOutsider

It would be pretty easy to temporarily discontinue face characters and meet and greets and character shows for the time being.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree. And speaking of which, the Bronx Zoo is amazing! I love it there!
Even some of the big cats there got sick. They are all fine, only mild symptoms. When it does open even the Tigers will have to social distance. I don’t see them getting the big cats to wear masks though;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom