WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getachew

Be ready to come back on June 15th or be ready we are going to open on June 15th. Telling somebody to be ready I would guess means be ready to come back to work to prepare the hotel for opening.

two different scenario's entirely. And whether it was a manager who said it, because I doubt the schedules are that far ahead to know.

TrojanUSC

It is possible they received notice of when their furlough would be over and they were expected to be back at work.

Florida has barely moved into Phase 1. There is no indication yet of when Phase 2 will come. The union requires only five days notice. Further, there is no scheduling or labor staff on hand to advise which CMs need to report into work when.

HansGruber

A lot of park operators have staff on call and ready to operate the park for the 2020 season and still have managers and HR on salary and still hiring. This cost a lot of money so they are indeed anticipating to operate this season.

Also if you dont want to go for perceived risk please don't (but risk is insanely small), but I'll surely be there on opening day with not a care in the world glad to support my local park and giving back to my local economy. :D
Your responses are always fragmented, off-topic and personal in nature.

Florida deemed WWE an essential business. I am pretty confident Disney could use their Florida "connections" to get Disney Parks designated the same status if they really wanted. Opening up a campus of this size is far more complicated than simply getting the green-light from authorities.

They aren't going to rush to open a $24.5 billion revenue generating business because "they have managers and HR on salary." Please, just stop.

HansGruber

I'm sorry but regional parks and chains are preparing to open this season, that is a fact. I've stated in a previous comment regional parks might lead the way in setting policy in the industry as they are smaller, rely only on park profit, and can take more risk compared to Disney or Universal as they can get profits other than the parks (Like Disney has Disney+ and Comcast sells cable), it's not as a dire situation to them than Six Flags and also only makes a majority of profit during the summer.

You don't have to go if you feel unsafe at a amusement park, but they are planning on reopening this summer, I expect quite a turnout and demand.
Again, I don't know why my feelings about my personal safety are being brought into this discussion....

But Disney is a destination vacation spot, not a regional park! Disney can't ask visitors to invest time, top dollar and effort into planning a vacation and then unceremoniously close the parks because they couldn't handle future outbreaks. That would be an absolute PR nightmare.

Giss Neric

Let's see if their citizens can follow all these next week. They said you must wear a mask the entire visit EXCEPT when dining.

Getachew

I’m aware of.... scenarios, but even if I had a definite confirmed single date -which I don’t - I wouldn’t be the one to break the news. Too many people like to take news as their own elsewhere. To be honest I doubt there is a definite confirmed single date yet.

I remember you mentioning July. WDWPro is saying August at the earliest for MK. Thoughts on that?

Last edited:

bartholomr4

CNBC just reported from Shanghai, that they started selling tickets to the park this morning. Tickets for the first day sold out in 3 minutes, and for the first week in less than an hour. Looks like the pent-up demand there is overwhelming the need to shelter.

Its now up to Disney to execute, and make sure the virus doesn't spread to these visitors.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

CNBC just reported from Shanghai, that they started selling tickets to the park this morning. Tickets for the first day sold out in 3 minutes, and for the first week in less than an hour. Looks like the pent-up demand there is overwhelming the need to shelter.

Its now up to Disney to execute, and make sure the virus doesn't spread to these visitors.

Demand is still strong. This is only Shanghai. Fanbase is moderate. There are more die hard fans in Tokyo and here in the USA. This will become a golden ticket.

ZoneOfTheEnder

I really hope Disney discloses what cleaning and sanitizing chemicals they will be using.

My daughter has a medical condition where we know we have to ask the Boardwalk to prep our rooms using only vinegar and baking soda (they have always done that for us).

Personally I would want Disney to post what chemicals they will be using, how they will be applied and post the MSDS forms so we can see the health warnings associated with each cleaning and sanitizing chemical.

Also the use of perfumes and certain preservatives when airborne causes my daughter to have an asthma attack.

Disney has been very good about helping folks with disabilities and medical challenges and I hope they will tell us what and how they will be using cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom