WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

There are way too many factors working against Disney. There's no way these parks open without substantial knowledge attainment of the virus or ability to fight it.

Given our knowledge and medical arsenal as of today, no way the parks open within the next 6 months.

brianstl

Second spike warnings are gaining traction in Europe.

And we don’t have the hooray Henry’s that you have demanding that things reopen now or they’ll cry.
Whenever you reopen there is going to be a spike. Be that tomorrow or a year from now. People have to stop thinking this virus is going to disappear. There are too many asymptomatic carriers and it spreads too easily to be eliminated by shut down measures. We are going to be living with it for the rest of our lives just like its coronavirus cousins the common cold.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Second spike warnings are gaining traction in Europe.

And we don’t have the hooray Henry’s that you have demanding that things reopen now or they’ll cry.
It really is sad.
The same people that spew the usual tough guy attitude ("Kids need to grow up" and "You'll get over it" mindset kinds of people) on certain things have completely turned around and became giant children.

There's someone at work that brings it up at every moment to which I respond with "uh huh" to everything. I'm past the point of caring honestly. Things will happen as they can. We're all in this together whether we like it or not. Gotta make the best of it.

Last edited:

MJJME

There are way too many factors working against Disney. There's no way these parks open without substantial knowledge attainment of the virus or ability to fight it.

Given our knowledge and medical arsenal as of today, no way the parks open within the next 6 months.
When you say 6 months do you mean 6 weeks? 6 months is laughable

ImperfectPixie

Whenever you reopen there is going to be a spike. Be that tomorrow or a year from now. People have to stop thinking this virus is going to disappear. There are too many asymptomatic carriers and it spreads to easily to be eliminated by shut down measures. We are going to be living with it for the rest of our lives just like its coronavirus cousins the common cold.
Unless it mutates to the point that it 1) becomes more deadly, or 2) can no longer infect humans.

Last edited:

Herdman

The parks are in such a bad situation I do not see them opening soon. It will be bad publicity when (not if) a person gets infected in the parks. I am afraid they will go back to square one, or even operate at a loss. Hopefully I am wrong and the situation will calm down sooner than later.
If you are going to open the parks before a vaccine then someone there will get infected. It's inevitable, just like someone at the grocery store, the gas station or the hair salon will also get infected. That's the risk you will assume if you go to the parks or even out of your house at all. That being said, I don't think the theme parks are opening June 1st, maybe mid June, July 1st more likely with a phased reopening. I don't think they will wait until 2021. We may not have a vaccine until at least March 2021.

Unless you say don't open until a vaccine there will be cases at the parks.

peter11435

You also have to factor in calling back CM's and putting the measures in place for social distancing. Its going to take awhile.
Like 1-2 weeks. Some salaried will be brought back first. Union hourly cast members which represent the majority of the work force won’t be brought back more than a week or so early.

Jrb1979

If you are going to open the parks before a vaccine then someone there will get infected. It's inevitable, just like someone at the grocery store, the gas station or the hair salon will also get infected. That's the risk you will assume if you go to the parks or even out of your house at all. That being said, I don't think the theme parks are opening June 1st, maybe mid June, July 1st more likely with a phased reopening. I don't think they will wait until 2021. We may not have a vaccine until at least March 2021.

Unless you say don't open until a vaccine there will be cases at the parks.
I think the issue with reopening is to really lower the chance of infection at a park they have to implement mask wearing and social distancing. The hard part is enforce those rules.

Herdman

I think the issue with reopening is to really lower the chance of infection at a park they have to implement mask wearing and social distancing. The hard part is enforce those rules.
And I just don't think mask wearing makes sense in Florida. They will become soaked through in no time, be less effective and people will be constantly taking them off or picking at them, making things even worse. Social distancing, yes, they will have to do their best to enforce that.

Herdman

JIm and @lentesta brought up a good point on their podcast about closing the parks 2-5 for additional cleaning
seems like an outside the box idea when a lot of people leave to go back to their hotel for rest swimming etc....
also whenever they open there will be many modifications to what they do over the first several weeks somethings wont work like they thought
That seems like a very credible idea that I hadn't even thought about.

Peter Pan's Shadow

And I just don't think mask wearing makes sense in Florida. They will become soaked through in no time, be less effective and people will be constantly taking them off or picking at them, making things even worse. Social distancing, yes, they will have to do their best to enforce that.
I'm also wondering about masks for guests. They won't stay on during a lot of rides either. And will they cost guests? Big enough offense to get kicked out if not wearing one? These have been brought up as reasons why Disney will wait I know, but curious how the mask think plays out. Also so many reasons to wait and to not wait. Lol.

jinx8402

That seems like a very credible idea that I hadn't even thought about.

So create two times when there is a mob exiting and waiting for transportation back to the resorts? I could possibly see rolling shutdowns of attractions between those times and trying to keep at least 1 or 2 attractions in each area up (ie. Slinky Dog down from 2-3, then TSMM from 3-4 etc)

Herdman

I'm also wondering about masks for guests. They won't stay on during a lot of rides either. And will they cost guests? Big enough offense to get kicked out if not wearing one? These have been brought up as reasons why Disney will wait I know, but curious how the mask think plays out. Also so many reasons to wait and to not wait. Lol.
I think the cast members will have masks. They are employees of the company and will have to be trained how to deal with the heat and proper removal. I just don't think they make sense for the guests.

Herdman

So create two times when there is a mob exiting and waiting for transportation back to the resorts? I could possibly see rolling shutdowns of attractions between those times and trying to keep at least 1 or 2 attractions in each area up (ie. Slinky Dog down from 2-3, then TSMM from 3-4 etc)
That's a good idea too. Maybe they also set times for each resort to go back so as not to have everyone leaving at once.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All you have to do is hear the comments from the other tourism related industries in Orange Co. (airlines, restaurants, hotels) on the task force to see how very much they are depending on Disney to re-open for their businesses to have a chance to survive. It obviously won't be part of phase 1, but assuming positive cases don't get way out of hand, Disney will be open sooner rather than later. Not at full capacity, and with restrictive measures, but the economy in Florida depends so much on them that it can't wait until a vaccine is found or we have total theauraputic measures in place. Phil Brown, CEO of the Orlando airport said "what he believes is really going to get people back to Orlando is the reopening of the theme parks". Don Giordano, General Manager of Rosen Shingle Creek Resort said "when Disney World opens that brings tremendous confidence to the consumer". Safe, sensible, responsible reopening practices have to rule the day.
Yeah...Orlando doesn’t exist without Disney. That was never really in doubt.

What Disney won’t do is “take the leap” and give Florida/Orlando/the competitors to point to as an out.

Irresistible force...meet immovable object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom