WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxweb

It doesn't mean that they won't either. Until phase one plays out they have to publicly downplay reopening, incase things don't play out well. But regardless of whether they do or don't, when they enter the next phase there will be a better idea of when and how they will reopen. You have to believe that there is a great deal of urgency too, to reopen.

I agree with this. I don't think we'll hear anything until some point during our Phase 2 reopening.

MrConbon

No better than anyone else's logic. There were folks here who said the parks would open 2 weeks after closure, later mid-April, and May 1st. So, explain their logic to me.
I feel like the June 1 opening date has much better backing than random thrown out dates. Restaurants and malls are beginning to open back up, Citywalk and Springs are in preparation to open. Wouldn’t make much sense to open Citywalk in mid-May but keep the parks closed till September.

Parker in NYC

I feel like the June 1 opening date has much better backing than random thrown out dates. Restaurants and malls are beginning to open back up, Citywalk and Springs are in preparation to open. Wouldn’t make much sense to open Citywalk in mid-May but keep the parks closed till September.

But Citywalk and Springs are not theme parks. Maybe I wasn't clear but the theme parks won't open until September at the earliest. That's my projection after watching this circus over the past three months.

Also, I'll wait until Springs officially announces that they're opening.

MJJME

No better than anyone else's logic. There were folks here who said the parks would open 2 weeks after closure, later mid-April, and May 1st. So, explain their logic to me.
I would just say that the guidelines given by the federal and local governments give some credence to earlier opening dates...….The parks cannot stay closed forever...…...They cannot wait until there is a vaccine...…...they will open before that...……...Once the area starts with declining cases, based on those declining cases per day, 4 different phases, etc, the parks are on pace to open in June...……...Im not saying they will, but that is a logical choice based on the criteria that the governments and task forces have established. September is way outside of the criteria so not logical

Parker in NYC

I would just say that the guidelines given by the federal and local governments give some credence to earlier opening dates...….The parks cannot stay closed forever...…...They cannot wait until there is a vaccine...…...they will open before that...……...Once the area starts with declining cases, based on those declining cases per day, 4 different phases, etc, the parks are on pace to open in June...……...Im not saying they will, but that is a logical choice based on the criteria that the governments and task forces have established. September is way outside of the criteria so not logical

And the phases mean as much to me as phases of the moon. Disney is going to do what they do independently of the government. They know crowds better than anyone. They know the risks. They are practically a private city of their own. They have to hire and rehire legions of employees with the notion that things are ready. to. go. This isn't a game to them.

Also, no one is saying the parks will be closed forever. Stop with that knee-jerk response. September may not seem logical to you but then, we are dealing with an unknown pandemic. Welcome to the new normal, where have you been? In COVID conspiracy la la land?

By the way, I mean the theme parks. Not the resort hotels, not Springs, not anything beyond the park gates.

European1992

The parks are in such a bad situation I do not see them opening soon. It will be bad publicity when (not if) a person gets infected in the parks. I am afraid they will go back to square one, or even operate at a loss. Hopefully I am wrong and the situation will calm down sooner than later.

Parker in NYC

The parks are in such a bad situation I do not see them opening soon. It will be bad publicity when (not if) a person gets infected in the parks. I am afraid they will go back to square one, or even operate at a loss. Hopefully I am wrong and the situation will calm down sooner than later.

I agree with you but don't use the bad publicity idea as reasoning around here. You'll get a rehash of where the virus was picked up, how you can get flu anywhere, how people should always wash their hands, etc. and that people will follow social distancing and mask-wearing guidelines (should the latter be in place). Because everyone knows that humans all get along and do the right thing.

MJJME

And the phases mean as much to me as phases of the moon. Disney is going to do what they do independently of the government. They know crowds better than anyone. They know the risks. They are practically a private city of their own. They have to hire and rehire legions of employees with the notion that things are ready. to. go. This isn't a game to them.

Also, no one is saying the parks will be closed forever. Stop with that knee-jerk response. September may not seem logical to you but then, we are dealing with an unknown pandemic. Welcome to the new normal, where have you been? In COVID conspiracy la la land?

By the way, I mean the theme parks. Not the resort hotels, not Springs, not anything beyond the park gates.
Stop with your uneducated knee jerk opening date predictions.....bookmark my comments and come to me with my prize when they reopen in June as opposed to your "pull a date out of thin air with no logic at all" day of September. Its happening and its people like you that spew uneducated opinions to scare people that need to be censored...…….just go by the facts please. Fact is the government set criteria for reopening that you are completely dismissing. Those governments created task forces. Those task forces have executives from the parks on them. those are the facts. You are just flapping your gums

Parker in NYC

Stop with your uneducated knee jerk opening date predictions.....bookmark my comments and come to me with my prize when they reopen in June as opposed to your "pull a date out of thin air with no logic at all" day of September. Its happening and its people like you that spew uneducated opinions to scare people that need to be censored...…….just go by the facts please. Fact is the government set criteria for reopening that you are completely dismissing. Those governments created task forces. Those task forces have executives from the parks on them. those are the facts. You are just flapping your gums

Enjoy your June opening. I'll meet you at Galaxy's Edge over a ronto wrap.

In June ...2021.

Epcotbob

I wouldn't say September is "not logical", since it's a fluid situation. I would consider it pessimistic, but on the other hand my June prediction for a phased re-opening of the theme parks may be overly optimistic...who knows for sure? Probably somewhere in the middle.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom