WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateFrank

I wouldn’t read much of anything into his comment or body language. He was clearly referencing talking points from the company that he was allowed to say. They aren’t ready to provide any additional details regarding reopening so neither could he. The body language to me was that of someone who was being asked a question he wasn’t allowed to answer so he reiterated the facts as have already been stated by the company. Closed until further notice. That could change in June or it could remain the case for months.

Im not reading into anything. I'm reading what is being presented. There's a huge difference. His body language suggests that he's uncomfortable giving any information beyond what he is allowed to say. Some people hide it better than others. He clearly struggled. The implicit information in the body language and the word stumbling will speak to how sensitive the matter is within the company. The explicit information - "just because we're booking resort stays in June, it doesn't mean we're opening in June" is clear. They have not made a decision and when they do, there's a chance it won't be in June....and he's preparing people for that.

If there is any information going to come out about when they might reopen it won’t come from him and it won’t be in that forum. That’s not how the company operates.

Gee. Thanks! Wow. It's amazing what you can learn from corporate experts here!:rolleyes:

You're going to have to accept the fact that in a vacuum of official releases, there's going to be an effort to interpret information as it's presented. Which is all I did. I did not say that Thomas Mazloum's comments represented an official statement - despite how important and special it must make you feel to misrepresent my statements. :rolleyes:

peter11435

Im not reading into anything. I'm reading what is being presented. There's a huge difference. His body language suggests that he's uncomfortable giving any information beyond what he is allowed to say. Some people hide it better than others. He clearly struggled. The implicit information in the body language and the word stumbling will speak to how sensitive the matter is within the company. The explicit information - "just because we're booking resort stays in June, it doesn't mean we're opening in June" is clear. They have not made a decision and when they do, there's a chance it won't be in June....and he's preparing people for that.

Gee. Thanks! Wow. It's amazing what you can learn from corporate experts here!:rolleyes:

You're going to have to accept the fact that in a vacuum of official releases, there's going to be an effort to interpret information as it's presented. Which is all I did. I did not say that Thomas Mazloum's comments represented an official statement - despite how important and special it must make you feel to misrepresent my statements. :rolleyes:
You shouldn’t say you’re not reading into anything and then proceed to read into things.

Obviously the matter is sensitive to the company. It’s not that he’s uncomfortable giving information beyond what was provided to him, it’s that he’s not allowed to give out any information beyond what provided to him. He’s uncomfortable because he’s been asked a question he’s not allowed to answer regardless of what information he may or not have.

I fully understand that people are going to look for any hints or information they can right now. But even if they were planning to open June 1, his answer today would be the same. They have no information because that is the official statement from the company at this time, regardless of what information they may internally have. His entire exchange was continuing the ‘closed until further notice message,’ anything beyond that is in fact reading into it.

Also not sure why you decided to be rude.

cmwade77

I believe at this point that Springs will probably open in June, as the "test run". I'm still leaning towards early July with regards to the parks (or some of the parks).
Considering there is now some activity at Disney Springs, including deliveries and a parking garage reopening with a fair number of cars in it, I think we will probably see at least some of it within a week. Based on the thought that CityWalk will reopen May 11, I think Disney Springs may use the same date as well.

Getachew

Considering there is now some activity at Disney Springs, including deliveries and a parking garage reopening with a fair number of cars in it, I think we will probably see at least some of it within a week.

Doubtful. Also, I heard the stuff you are mentioning has been there awhile.

RFM57

Many of those photos weren’t even taken when the beached reopened. Many of the photos from the reopening being distributed including those by main stream media are from before Covid.
Are you sure about that? The recent social media claims that Florida beach pics "full" of people were old photos has been debuked. Most, if not all, media photos were shown to be current. Whether they were meaningful is another question.

Herdman

I think the fact the cast member parking garage at Disney Springs has reopened shows that things are moving in that direction as a first step in the reopening process, but I think next week is pretty doubtful. Maybe Memorial Day week if not June.

twebber55

JIm and @lentesta brought up a good point on their podcast about closing the parks 2-5 for additional cleaning
seems like an outside the box idea when a lot of people leave to go back to their hotel for rest swimming etc....
also whenever they open there will be many modifications to what they do over the first several weeks somethings wont work like they thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom