WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RollerCoaster

I read up on history. And really, I'm acting like the authority here? This is a Disney forum. I didn't realize it was a mishmash of Medical and Economics and Political Science conferences.

If it were only as simple as opening a history book then people would already have the answers on how to handle the virus and be able to give better direction on when things may reopen and when it all may end.

The folks should act like responsible humans and know that every moment they break the rules is another day we all suffer.

Earlier in this thread, you made the above statement. That single sentence is all the proof anyone needs to claim that you don't know what you're talking about.

Parker in NYC

If it were only as simple as opening a history book then people would already have the answers on how to handle the virus and be able to give better direction on when things may reopen and when it all may end.

Earlier in this thread, you made the above statement. That single sentence is all the proof anyone needs to claim that you don't know what you're talking about.

Great, I don't know what I'm talking about. Continue with your fairy tale of a June reopening and the reelection of your great leaders.

RollerCoaster

Great, I don't know what I'm talking about. Continue with your fairy tale of a June reopening and the reelection of your great leaders.

June? I never stated a month. There will be theme parks open in the United States in June, but I'm not sure they'll be in Florida.

twebber55

im curious what the new models are showing for Sweden since they handled this disease differently than most?
does anyone have those numbers? do they project an upward trend or a downward trend?

Bill in Atlanta

well according to their website Holiday World will open mid June.
I was just reading about this. That's 5 weeks and change from now. The Tampa Zoo opens in 4 weeks, and the the Jacksonville Zoo opens in 4 days. I'm sure Disney top brass will be watching these closely.

Peter Pan's Shadow

Just want to say that I appreciate everyone in here, even the stupid ones. Lol. Someone tag me if we start arguing about super heroes abilities or unique names of crayons, cuz I feel those topics real hard.

NoBreyner60

Sweden currently has 23,216 cases, 2,854 deaths, 4,074 recovered. 97% are mild and 3% is severe. But it's probably good to search for the info specific to Sweden.

Touchdown

Holiday World is in a rural area, and not near any major cities (Indianapolis and Louisville are the closest and they are 1 hour away.) It’s also very much a day trip park with few people staying overnight, it’s got practically the best demographics of any park to reopen.

RollerCoaster

well according to their website Holiday World will open mid June.

I'm not basing it on what parks are stating on their websites. My comment is based on individual states' plans for reopening businesses. Theme parks in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Georgia are likely to be open soon. Comments from Six Flags' CEO reflect that as well. Indiana seems to have lumped theme parks into stage 4 and is tentatively saying they expect to begin that stage on June 14.

Touchdown

I'm not basing it on what parks are stating on their websites. My comment is based on individual states' plans for reopening businesses. Theme parks in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Georgia are likely to be open soon. Comments from Six Flags' CEO reflect that as well. Indiana seems to have lumped theme parks into stage 4 and is tentatively saying they expect to begin that stage on June 14.

Six is the only chain making waves about reopening soon, Hershunds and Cedar Fair recently extended their season passes by at least six months and haven’t made any firm plans or suggested it’s coming soon. I suspect these parks will not open until the 4th at the earliest.

brianstl

That is true. But the second spike being feared as a distant possibility would make today’s situation seem small fry.
It isn't going to be a distant possibility until their is a vaccine. A vaccine is most likely years away. So we are either going to shelter in place for years or we are going to have to admit as a society the future we are most likely facing and figure out how we go about functioning as a society in that world.

brianstl

Polio was nearly eradicated in the developed world...making it no longer a threat. Vaccine.

AIDS is less of a concern - but highly dangerous still - when they developed an effective treatment regimen.

There’s a pattern there.

No one will “accept” the possibility you could get a respiratory illness that could kill you literally within days after randomly touching a door handle....and much rapidly and in higher frequency than the false flu comparisons...until there is some sort of preventative or treatment in place.

Intelligent people take risks, but calculated ones. Dumb people...well...can’t be fixed. It is what it is.
We have never developed a safe and effective vaccine for any Coronavirus. So we are most likely talking years for a vaccine. Antibodies fade in less than 18 months from all other Coronaviruses meaning any vaccine will only be protective for a limited time if we ever develop one.

ImperfectPixie

A media conglomerate with a near $200 BILLION market cap isn't going to let the parks go out of business.

I genuinely believe you don't understand how insane their profit margins are. They are going to be just fine.
And I'm sure many of their stockholders would be willing to be patient for a bit in order to ensure that they're just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom