WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

Hard to disagree with that logic. There's definitely way too many amateur bloggers in the Disneysphere to take most of them seriously.

That being said, the content this particular blogger is reporting on is real. Thomas Mazloum did say what he was quoted as saying. Worse the video made it seem far worse. His body language and delivery seemed to place strong emphasis on the comment that they might not open in June at all.

Mazloum's comments should be the real takeaway here. Starting to think my trip in August might not happen....
I wouldn’t read much of anything into his comment or body language. He was clearly referencing talking points from the company that he was allowed to say. They aren’t ready to provide any additional details regarding reopening so neither could he. The body language to me was that of someone who was being asked a question he wasn’t allowed to answer so he reiterated the facts as have already been stated by the company. Closed until further notice. That could change in June or it could remain the case for months.

If there is any information going to come out about when they might reopen it won’t come from him and it won’t be in that forum. That’s not how the company operates.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I thought the delivery was more trying to stay inline with what Disney had OK'd him to say. He seemed to be referring to a paper at his side, and I think that added to the delivery tone.

At the present time any type of exuberance in wanting to reopen at this point would be spun and received very negatively. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more downplaying of a reopening. But watch that flip very quickly when Florida moves into the next reopening phase.

Getachew

At the present time any type of exuberance in wanting to reopen at this point would be spun and received very negatively. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more downplaying of a reopening. But watch that flip very quickly when Florida moves into the next reopening phase.

Florida moving Into the next phase doesn't necessarily mean Disney will open.

Bob Harlem

The parks are waiting on everyone to make the first move. I suspect Disney Springs/Citywalk and the like will start to partially open next week. (For 3rd party tenants at their discretion) and not to be too heavily advertised.

celluloid

It does not, or one could argue should not. But they will find a way to have revenue coming in. I imagine you mean theme parks but even if it means Disney Springs and smaller attractions on property are open, I feel that will find a way to do them.

Getachew

The parks are waiting on everyone to make the first move. I suspect Disney Springs/Citywalk and the like will start to partially open next week. (For 3rd party tenants at their discretion) and not to be too heavily advertised.

Universal announced last month that City Walk along with their parks will be closed through at least May 31st. If they have changed that recently, I haven't heard anything about it.

monothingie

Premium Member
It doesn't mean that they won't either. Until phase one plays out they have to publicly downplay reopening, incase things don't play out well. But regardless of whether they do or don't, when they enter the next phase there will be a better idea of when and how they will reopen. You have to believe that there is a great deal of urgency too, to reopen.

Getachew

It does not, or should not. But they will find a way to have revenue coming in. I imagine you mean theme parks but even if it means Disney Springs and smaller attractions on property are open, I feel that will find a way to do them.

I definitely feel Springs will open up first, though I highly doubt next week, or even two weeks. The parks though, I think they will remain extremely cautious, because the last thing they want is to jump the gun, open too quick, and have to close again.

Getachew

It doesn't mean that they won't either. Until phase one plays out they have to publicly downplay reopening, incase things don't play out well. But regardless of whether they do or don't, when they enter the next phase there will be a better idea of when and how they will reopen. You have to believe that there is a great deal of urgency too, to reopen.

No doubt there is a urgency to re-open, but there's also an urgency not to have to close again, either. I'd argue that Disney opening and then closing again later is worse than waiting an extra month or so to open.

celluloid

[/QUOTE]
No doubt there is a urgency to re-open, but there's also an urgency not to have to close again, either. I'd argue that Disney opening and then closing again later is worse than waiting an extra month or so to open.

I think that is fair and when something is as large as they are, and not as many rolling in except for local lifestylers wanting entertainment(since national travel will have dipped and internaitonal travel under ban) it is probably the right move to make, but I think there are many too greedy to not want to do this slowly in phases of their own. That way they get through this "see? Everything is ok" month and a half and have a Fourth of July that is nowhere near what it could be, but at least with a theme park open. Just a thought. I am not saying I think it is the best way to go, but they have to open rough even if they could open everything back up.

Getachew

I think that is fair and when something is as large as they are, and not as many rolling in except for local lifestylers wanting entertainment(since national travel will have dipped and internaitonal travel under ban) it is probably the right move to make, but I think there are many too greedy to not want to do this slowly in phases of their own. That way they get through this "see? Everything is ok" month and a half and have a Fourth of July that is nowhere near what it could be, but at least with a theme park open. Just a thought. I am not saying I think it is the best way to go, but they have to open rough even if they could open everything back up.

For what it's worth, I do think a July opening is possible, for at least some of the parks. June? Not so sure about, but I'm sure we'll find out soon as we are already in May. I just hope Disney opens up when they feel it's safe to do so, and not because of any pressure from politicians or others.

monothingie

Premium Member
If they have to close again, it won't just be isolated to Disney. The whole reopening schema hopefully is being done to prevent that from happening. The only guarantee they have against that happening is to keep it closed until a vaccine is widely available 12-18 months from now.

Getachew

If they have to close again, it won't just be isolated to Disney. The whole reopening schema hopefully is being done to prevent that from happening. The only guarantee they have against that happening is to keep it closed until a vaccine is widely available 12-18 months from now.

They obviously won't and should not wait until a vaccine, but an "Outbreak at WDW" headline is a massive nightmare, even if it can't be proven it came from there.

celluloid

They obviously won't and should not wait until a vaccine, but an "Outbreak at WDW" headline is a massive nightmare, even if it can't be proven it came from there.

Another reason testing was never going to be a viable percaution as people go to enter the park. That would just incriminate themselves to that kind of story or headlines.

NoBreyner60

Has anyone seen Josh D'Amaro on any of the Economic recovery streams? I could've sworn that both he and Thomas were on the board. I've only ever seen Thomas.

I wonder if Disney is only trying to iron out the rules to reopen with the task force, then kind of sit the rest of it out.

peter11435

Has anyone seen Josh D'Amaro on any of the Economic recovery streams? I could've sworn that both he and Thomas were on the board. I've only ever seen Thomas.

I wonder if Disney is only trying to iron out the rules to reopen with the task force, then kind of sit the rest of it out.
Mazloum is on the county task force. Josh is on the state task force.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Josh is only on the state task force. The videos are of the OC task force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom