WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Interesting. I still believe a July opening for at least some of the parks, but that could easily change if we see spikes in cases.

In my humble and usually misguided opinion, there's just too much to control/regulate/etc. People are threatening violence now in places if asked to abide by the rules. WDW gets the best of humanity and the absolute worst. Limited attractions and experiences notwithstanding, I'm not wading back into the water to frolic beside Mr. and Mrs. arrogance.

Getachew

In my humble and usually misguided opinion, there's just too much to control/regulate/etc. People are threatening violence now in places if asked to abide by the rules. WDW gets the best of humanity and the absolute worst. Limited attractions and experiences notwithstanding, I'm not wading back into the water to frolic beside Mr. and Mrs. arrogance.

If Disney ever has to close down again, it will be because the stupidity of people not following rules and guidelines, thus causing a potential outbreak.

Parker in NYC

If Disney ever has to close down again, it will be because the stupidity of people not following rules and guidelines, thus causing a potential outbreak.

Yes! That's why so much of this continues in the first place. Lack of faith in the worms of the human race.

Epcotbob

It will not be before June 1st for a host of reasons.

I could see them doing some measured openings of stores in Disney Springs in May as a trial, but likely nothing in the parks before June.

I think they "want" to open parks in June, which is why they are allowing reservations, but will probably wait and see what happens with the other phased openings going on in Florida before making any firm decisions on the parks. If there is a huge spike or upward trend in covid-19, based on real data determined by the state agencies (not the media), then they will delay again. Otherwise they will move forward.

We may speculate on what will actually happen, but no one knows for sure till they do it....

Last edited:

chama1

I know from June to Nov...it's hurricane season...we're expecting, maybe 4 to hit...so maybe Disney might decided Nov might be a soft opening with numerous restrictions...but I was wondering...what about opening the dining at resorts, with reservations Disney can monitor how many ppl, they can "social distance"?....we won't be able to walk around the resorts but we might be able to enjoy, for a little while being in the Disney frame of mind...just saying?

bdearl41

I know someone who lives and works in Central FL and is furloughed. She is surviving on the one time $1200 stimulus check only. Her unemployment application is still in limbo. There are desperate people out there.
This is something that has infuriated me. We have totally disregarded the lives and livelihoods of so many. Saying it’s better to save a life than go to work. The fact is it’s not life versus economy. It never has been. It’s life versus life. The toll this takes if it goes on a lot Longer will destroy lives. Again I think we can be pragmatist about the reopening, but the commentary saying places should not reopen for a year is just a dangerous as drinking Clorox. Well almost...

We desperately need non sensational reporting which has ceased to exist.

Hcalvert

A lot of people are going to be upset. Its going to look bad on Disney for encouraging reservations for June 1st
I have a hard time giving credence to an article with a spelling error in the first sentence. If this person cannot proofread, who knows if he can check the validity of what he is reporting.

icc2515

This is something that has infuriated me. We have totally disregarded the lives and livelihoods of so many. Saying it’s better to save a life than go to work. The fact is it’s not life versus economy. It never has been. It’s life versus life. The toll this takes if it goes on a lot Longer will destroy lives. Again I think we can be pragmatist about the reopening, but the commentary saying places should not reopen for a year is just a dangerous as drinking Clorox. Well almost...

We desperately need non sensational reporting which has ceased to exist.

This post seems like it would be better suited for the political forum. Lots to read and discuss over there on this topic. Here's a link to help you out. before the moderator deletes yours and my post.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/politics-and-social-issues.146/

PirateFrank

I have a hard time giving credence to an article with a spelling error in the first sentence. If this person cannot proofread, who knows if he can check the validity of what he is reporting.

Hard to disagree with that logic. There's definitely way too many amateur bloggers in the Disneysphere to take most of them seriously.

That being said, the content this particular blogger is reporting on is real. Thomas Mazloum did say what he was quoted as saying. Worse the video made it seem far worse. His body language and delivery seemed to place strong emphasis on the comment that they might not open in June at all.

Mazloum's comments should be the real takeaway here. Starting to think my trip in August might not happen....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hard to disagree with that logic. There's definitely way too many amateur bloggers in the Disneysphere to take most of them seriously.

That being said, the content this particular blogger is reporting on is real. Thomas Mazloum did say what he was quoted as saying. Worse the video made it seem far worse. His body language and delivery seemed to strongly overshadow the comment that they might not open in June at all.

Mazloum's comments should be the real takeaway here. Starting to think my trip in August might not happen....
Yes and for anyone who wants to see it, the video is at VIDEO - Walt Disney World SVP tells Task Force that Disney has nothing to share at this time on reopening and June 1 bookings may not mean a June opening

I thought the delivery was more trying to stay inline with what Disney had OK'd him to say. He seemed to be referring to a paper at his side, and I think that added to the delivery tone.

Hcalvert

That being said, the content this particular blogger is reporting on is real. Thomas Mazloum did say what he was quoted as saying. Worse the video made it seem far worse. His body language and delivery seemed to strongly overshadow the comment that they might not open in June at all.

True. I didn't see the moderator's post about the same topic when I posted. Either way, I wish that Disney would just make a decision about June already. Some people's, my trip included, are less than a month away and I need to cancel both my trip and airline reservations if they are not going to be open. Not a big deal, but would like to know soon definitively one way or another.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

These VP's may have a lot to say, but minimal decision making power. Bob I is the decision maker and they need the place to open to bring in the much needed revenue, but no one wants to be the canary in the coal mine. I really don't envy the position Josh D'Amaro in right now, being forced to play a difficult game by pushing the issue of the need to open up privately, but publicly offering restraint and sensibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom