WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrojanUSC

In Florida.

I don't think anyone was counting, but a quick Google provided me with multiple headlines stating "thousands" flocked to the beaches when they reopened.

I imagine those crowds have been growing.

The rules were you were allowed to run, swim or exercise so long as social distancing was followed. They were not open as normal, though people could not be following the law.

If you think Disney is going to open prior to them feeling it will be a safe environment for their guests and cast - which is still a ways off - you are incredibly incorrect.

I heard from a source (and I have a real source now that I have family that lives in Orlando - they do NOT work for the Mouse) that was told to expect the parks to be open by the end of the month. The source also said ‘at this time’, so my guess is Disney itself still hasn’t totally figured out exactly when they will be opening.

It will not be before June 1st for a host of reasons.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I heard from a source (and I have a real source now that I have family that lives in Orlando - they do NOT work for the Mouse) that was told to expect the parks to be open by the end of the month. The source also said ‘at this time’, so my guess is Disney itself still hasn’t totally figured out exactly when they will be opening.
I hope this is true. Thank you very much for sharing here.

scpergj

When Disney gets solid on when they are reopening, you will hear about hundreds and then thousands on the Furlough list going back to Middle Management positons in charge of casting and schedueling workforce. They have to make the scheduels that the rest will follow.

There are other companies that will also need to be told so that they can notify staff as well..........

Dan Deesnee

The rules were you were allowed to run, swim or exercise so long as social distancing was followed. They were not open as normal, though people could not be following the law.

If you think Disney is going to open prior to them feeling it will be a safe environment for their guests and cast - which is still a ways off - you are incredibly incorrect.

It will not be before June 1st for a host of reasons.

So you're saying they won't open before a vaccine? That's an interesting take because it would probably be late this year or next year.

In other words, completely incorrect in my opinion. They'll be open this summer. Probably by June something. Maybe July if they decide to be extra cautious or if a small rise on cases comes up.

Hard truth is that it may be years before large public gatherings are considered "safe environments". They'll have to open well, well before that or simply put, they'll go out of business.

The mouse needs cash flow and I'll be right there giving it to them around day one!

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

So you're saying they won't open before a vaccine? That's an interesting take because it would probably be late this year or next year.

In other words, completely incorrect in my opinion. They'll be open this summer. Probably by June something. Maybe July if they decide to be extra cautious or if a small rise on cases comes up.

Hard truth is that it may be years before large public gatherings are considered "safe environments". They'll have to open well, well before that or simply put, they'll go out of business.

The mouse needs cash flow and I'll be right there giving it to them around day one!

They'll open when the virus tells them they can open. It's far more beneficial for them to stay closed three more months than open and have to re-close, either because the state tells them too due to an outbreak or risk an outbreak on property amongst guests & CMs.

wdw71fan

Some Cast are being called in starting May 11th but for I’m only aware of 3rd party. Not sure what Disney is doing. I’m also not sure how long they’ll need for deep cleaning and training before opening back up. But something is definitely happening over there.

Edit - added “some” because I’m honestly not sure just how many 3rd party are going with this date. I’m just directly aware of a few.

Can confirm this. More coming this week, additional resources coming in the week of the 18th. For better or worse, the machine is getting prepped. Let’s just hope we don’t have to go back to square one.

Getachew

Can confirm this. More coming this week, additional resources coming in the week of the 18th. For better or worse, the machine is getting prepped. Let’s just hope we don’t have to go back to square one.

Is it third party or actual Disney cast members?

TrojanUSC

Have also heard DS coming back for restaurant business only to satisfy the third party operators.

No park or resort CMs have been recalled or are scheduled to be recalled whatsoever yet, though.

Getachew

Don't know if there's any truth to this, but:

Walt Disney World is unlikely to reopen before July, according to industry insiders. Despite Florida lifting its lockdown restrictions, the Orlando resort is not expected to reopen anytime soon.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Don't know if there's any truth to this, but:

Walt Disney World is unlikely to reopen before July, according to industry insiders. Despite Florida lifting its lockdown restrictions, the Orlando resort is not expected to reopen anytime soon.
If websites throw enough articles up, they will eventually be right ;)

I wouldn't take too much notice of any of them - the plans are still very much in flux and are changing constantly. Anyone claiming hard details right now is guessing.

Mouse Trap

If websites throw enough articles up, they will eventually be right ;)

I wouldn't take too much notice of any of them - the plans are still very much in flux and are changing constantly. Anyone claiming hard details right now is guessing.

Morgan Stanley has already released three different reports with June, July and 2021 timelines. Gotta spread your bets!

lewisc

I'm assuming Disney will be installing the plastic/plexiglass shields separating cashiers from customers currently being used in most retail establishments (at least in NY area). Do we know if those are the kind of works being scheduled?

Parker in NYC

I'll believe it when I see it. We've had so many false claims of reopening since this thing started.

Parker in NYC

A lot of people are going to be upset. Its going to look bad on Disney for encouraging reservations for June 1st

People will make these reservations no matter what. If Disney shuts down reservations in June, it won't look like there's any forward movement. Momentum or defeat.

Lilofan

A lot of people are going to be upset. Its going to look bad on Disney for encouraging reservations for June 1st
It's like a great big tease with a surprise at the end. How many times that the theme parks scheduled opening time is 9am, but many who are waiting by the ticket booths are overjoyed when the parks open early by surprise at 830-845?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom