WDW Reopening Estimates

When will WDW theme parks reopen to guests?

• May

Votes: 34 3.0%
  • June

Votes: 424 37.3%
  • July

Votes: 287 25.2%
  • August

Votes: 124 10.9%
  • September or even later in 2020

Votes: 269 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well if they want sports teams to play there they will have to lift it soon.
Good point. Unless you exclude the Knicks, Nets and Pelicans. Nobody would Probably miss the Knicks but the other 2 are borderline playoff teams. Not to mention the guys dating Kardashians.

carolina_yankee

While we’re talking travel bans, just putting out there that NJ was 5th today in new cases. Florida, 6th. Might be time to move on from the ban.

jensenrick

As much clout as both companies have and knowing they have political insiders in the government or even moles further complicates the sideline.
Go tell that to the hundreds of laid off people at Ross and Walmart right now shopping like it's no tomorrow. Something don't add up.

It's the mole people! They are all in on the conspiracy with the Walmart shoppers! :hilarious:

MrHappy

Good point. Unless you exclude the Knicks, Nets and Pelicans. Nobody would Probably miss the Knicks but the other 2 are borderline playoff teams. Not to mention the guys dating Kardashians.
I would hope that the NBA plan would include just playoff teams plus 9&10 seeds, a 20 team playoff. I can’t watch another minute of my beloved Knicks!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would hope that the NBA plan would include just playoff teams plus 9&10 seeds, a 20 team playoff. I can’t watch another minute of my beloved Knicks!
I had heard that was one of the plans. The Nets could be a tough out if Kyrie and Durant both play. I‘ve heard rumors both ways on each of them. I had to sit through some miserable years of the Process and that gut wrenching triple bounce to end last season so I’m definitely up for some playoff basketball. Unfortunately the Sixers only win at home. Can we play the whole playoffs in Philly instead?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Speaking of the NBA season, the Board of Governors is having a conference call on Friday where they will vote on and approve the final plan including where the games will be held. I would assume we will find out some time Friday the outcome of the vote and at least whether the games will or will not be at WDW. Here’s a summary of some of the possible Formats which range from just 16 playoff teams up to all 30 teams involved. Assuming a mid-July start the various proposals end as early as Labor Day and as late as Nov 1. Whichever way wins we should know Friday.

MrHappy

I had heard that was one of the plans. The Nets could be a tough out if Kyrie and Durant both play. I‘ve heard rumors both ways on each of them. I had to sit through some miserable years of the Process and that gut wrenching triple bounce to end last season so I’m definitely up for some playoff basketball. Unfortunately the Sixers only win at home. Can we play the whole playoffs in Philly instead?
Forget the triple bounce, i still wake up in sweats to Charles smith’s 5 out back attempts from 93.

DisneyCane

It has nothing to do with that. If NY/NJ/CT are so bad still that they need roadblocks and airport checkpoints then its too soon to open a national draw like WDW. What’s to stop someone from PA who Just spent the weekend in NYC from hopping a plane in Philly and heading to WDW. Most of the people I knew from college who lived in Manhattan right after school kept their home state drivers license because they didn’t have a car in NY anyway. What’s to stop them from coming in? There’s way too many ways people from the quarantine zone or who visited the quarantine zone could get to WDW.
At least based on my neighbor's daughter who drove in from Virginia a few weeks ago they weren't using ID or license plate to determine where you came from. They were stopping everyone and asking. She has Florida plates on her car.

With flights it is where the plane flew in from. If somebody connects from NY through a hub to Florida they won't be screened.

The whole policy is just to try and discourage people from coming from those areas. I think they know that approximately zero percent of travelers will actually quarantine for 14 days with no symptoms once they arrive.

Bob Harlem

Ikspiari at Tokyo Disneyland (the shopping/dining complex just outside the gates, very similar to Disney Springs/Downtown Disney as you get at Tokyo Disneyland) is opening up June 1st.

Also Six Flags announced reopening plans this morning.

Last edited:

Bill in Atlanta

Pensacola Beach, FL was packed this weekend.. People were spread out on the beaches, but the boardwalk shops/restaurants were much more dense. I counted a grand total of 3 masks out of the hundreds of people we came across. I'm sure it was a similar scene along the Gulf Coast & many other parts of the country.

Disney is likely keeping an eye on new case statistics in the most crowded Memorial Day weekend tourist areas as they figure out when/how to reopen.

Giss Neric

Six Flags is requiring masks too unless you're below 2 or have breathing problems which is like gonna be the excuse of thousands of healthy breathing people.

wdw71fan

First off, Yes Louisiana is still on the travel list, anyone arriving from louisiana must self isolate for 14 days.

- WDW will reopen no earlier than phase 2 in Florida, likely in the latter half of that phase
- WDW may not require masks depending on the state of affair when they reopen

and here's the biggie..

- WDW may not reopen until after the July 4th holiday because of the concern over the possibility of large crowds associated with that travel date.

ImperfectPixie

First off, Yes Louisiana is still on the travel list, anyone arriving from louisiana must self isolate for 14 days.

- WDW will reopen no earlier than phase 2 in Florida, likely in the latter half of that phase

and here's the biggie..

- WDW may not reopen until after the July 4th holiday because of the concern over the possibility of large crowds associated with that travel date.
I have a sneaking suspicion they wanted to see how other destinations fared over Memorial day weekend.

Peter Pan's Shadow

and here's the biggie..

Thx for any info, but where's this coming from? Lol, so I know how to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom