WDW Radio App

GrumpyFannyPack

Original Poster
Does anyone have some good suggestions for radio station apps (iPhone) that play WDW park music? I'm looking for something that plays entirely or mostly park music. Not so much interested in DL music or movie soundtracks. Just something to play in the background that makes it sound like I'm in the parks and resorts. I've tried Sorceror Radio and Park Hopper...they aren't too bad.

lilclerk

I don't have an iPhone (I'm an Android gal) but I know the Be Our Guest Podcast app will play Magical Mouse Radio. You can also just get the live365 app and search for any Disney station, but I'm not sure if you have to be a VIP member to use that.

duff527

You do not need a Live365 VIP membership to use the iphone app ( you did until a few months ago ). There's also an app called FStream that you can use to tie into any online streams. if you get the URLs from the dtunes feeds, you can listen to those on your iphone.

GrumpyFannyPack

Original Poster
I have actually been trying the 365 app and it's not too bad. I'm still fairly new to the iPhone app store so I was just curious as to what else was out there.

Pioneer Hall

I listed to DTunes. You can download something that gets Shoutcast feeds (like the Winamp app) and then just search for their stations. They have different stations for whatever you are looking for.

mickeysshoes

DTUNES LIVE is the way to go...several servers so you can pick what you what to listen to. I listen all day long while at work.

G00fyDad

I have over 15 Disney stations (there are tons more) as presets in my Live 365 app. I also have the site saved on my PC so I can call up those same presets at work. :)

Matt and Kelly

This is a cool thread. Thanks for asking the question. I've always wondered about different apps that play park music. Gonna try out Live365 right now and see if it works.

GrumpyFannyPack

Original Poster
All the suggestions have been great. Thank you. I'm gonna try out DTunes tonight. I've been listening to the Subsonic app and it's pretty nice, but my DisSmarts aren't real high so I have trouble identifying songs and locations of said songs. Subsonic doesn't identify for me.

WDWmazprty

All the suggestions have been great. Thank you. I'm gonna try out DTunes tonight. I've been listening to the Subsonic app and it's pretty nice, but my DisSmarts aren't real high so I have trouble identifying songs and locations of said songs. Subsonic doesn't identify for me.

You'll love DTunes! :sohappy:

Find an app that streams Shoutcast, and search for DTunes stations within the app. They have a ton of different stations playing Fireworks, Attraction audio, backgrounds, Halloween, Christmas, etc. I use Mundu for Andoid.

Does anyone have some good suggestions for radio station apps (iPhone) that play WDW park music? I'm looking for something that plays entirely or mostly park music. Not so much interested in DL music or movie soundtracks. Just something to play in the background that makes it sound like I'm in the parks and resorts. I've tried Sorceror Radio and Park Hopper...they aren't too bad.

G00fyDad

What shoutcast app do you use? I looked and they all stunk. But maybe I was looking at them wrong. A lot less confusing to just install the Live365 app and add "Disney" stations.

itchyb

Glad you like it! After the shoutcast server gets upgraded i'll have some updates coming so you can view whats currently playing on a station without having to play it and I'm hoping to be able to show the songs coming up as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom