WDW Promotions! NOT THAT GREAT

tterrag24

:veryconfu

Why does it seem that right now the promotions are horrible compared to two years ago when they had buy 4 get 3 free? Am i mistaken ?
Im looking to take my family (girlfriend & daughter (3) ) to disney world this summer and compared to the rate we paid in the summer of 09 its CRAZY?
Is it me or did prices go up???? Way up.

I know the economy is in better shape then it was then but:( IDK
maybe im just being cheap

Rob562

Unless you're booking the Free Dining offer, there are no discounts of any kind available for stays beyond mid-February. So the prices you're looking at would be the undiscounted Rack Rate. :shrug:

And if you're booking Free Dining, you have to pay Rack Rate on the room in order to get that promotion. It's a trade-off that you have to weigh whether it works for you.

-Rob

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Promos suck right now. I was thinking about this last night. Look, Disney is a business. They need to make money. But the discounts, are becoming kind of useless as they get released later and later. Our trip is booked for July of next year, and there is no discount out there, other than AAA.

Is this smart of Disney? I don't know. What I do know, is if I don't see some sort of discount by January, I'm switching from the Poly to Port Orleans, and spending $4,000 less than I would.

The fact of the matter is, Disney Resorts are just getting too expensive.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

When they can get the rooms filled at the regular prices, there really isn't a reason for them to offer discounts. I am sure as slower periods get closer you will see some, but not like you did in 09. Tourism is starting to pick up and discounts are only offered to offset lower attendance figures.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Rack rates are insane especially during busier times. The rate hikes this year are nuts. I don't know that I'd stay in one of Disney's rooms without a discount. I don't know. There's so many good alternatives nearby. So far we've been lucky with the discounts. The economy may be improving, but that doesn't change the fact that our income has decreased by 1/3 this year. Rate hikes & rack rates don't figure into the equation. Without decent discounts I have a feeling we'd either stay off-property or go somewhere else entirely.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, but they're getting those rooms filled at rack rate by giving away free dining. I doubt many people pay rack rate without some incentive.
They are filling plenty of rooms with no discounts whatsoever. Try to find a room on property right now for the weekend of 12/4/2010. This weekend was during the free dining blackout and the values are booked solid, the moderates only have suites left at about $700 per night and there is limited availability at the deluxe and DVC resorts.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

They are filling plenty of rooms with no discounts whatsoever. Try to find a room on property right now for the weekend of 12/4/2010. This weekend was during the free dining blackout and the values are booked solid, the moderates only have suites left at about $700 per night and there is limited availability at the deluxe and DVC resorts.

Wow. Either the recession has been kind to a lot of people or they've become so desperate for an escape that they'll pay anything. Or Disney has found the honey-hole of people with more money than sense. Lol!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Yes, but how do you know they paid rack rate? They could have paid AAA, or some other pin code discount.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Yes, but how do you know they paid rack rate? They could have paid AAA, or some other pin code discount.

I would assume (yes, I know what assuming can do :p) that since Yoda & DisneyJoe are travel agents they've booked a quantity of non-discounted rooms for clients. Plus, during busy times Disney either blacks out discounts or limits them to very few. The weekend in question was blacked-out from the get-go on the best promotions. If the resorts are that full on a weekend that had extremely limited discounts to begin with you can bet your bottom a large number of those rooms were full rack rate. Cha-Ching for the mouse!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Richard is quite right in what he is saying. Besides, the Disney higher ups said earlier this year they were going to begin filtering out discounts and such starting late this year and 2011 so that things get back to "normal." Like Richard has pointed out, they are filling plenty of rooms with no discounts - so why discount!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The only DVC rooms available have to be cash rooms. I have been looking to change resorts from SSR for 5 months and all the other DVC resort's have been completely booked for the week of Dec 04 - 11 at least on points. The week after is no problem. I really hope they all stay over at WWS since it is Pop Warner week!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

This thread scares me a bit. I've kept our Poly reservation for July, in hopes that by January I'll have either paid enough off or get a Bounceback offer while at WL in January. If not, I'm going to switch (or attempt to) to Riverside. If it was just a few days, I wouldn't worry about it. But given it's 16, I'm afraid it may be sold out.

Upvote 0

360rico1

One of the great things about booking your trip through AAA is that you can go in and change your reservations, so when the rates do show up closer to your trip you can go and change them with no additional cost or penalties.
I do it all the time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom