WDW Promotions! NOT THAT GREAT

tterrag24

:veryconfu

Why does it seem that right now the promotions are horrible compared to two years ago when they had buy 4 get 3 free? Am i mistaken ?
Im looking to take my family (girlfriend & daughter (3) ) to disney world this summer and compared to the rate we paid in the summer of 09 its CRAZY?
Is it me or did prices go up???? Way up.

I know the economy is in better shape then it was then but:( IDK
maybe im just being cheap

captainkidd

I have heard similar things. The 4/3 got people to the parks in droves but the guests that came did not exactly open their wallets.

That's why I don't see the benefit to Disney of Free Dining.
Not to throw out accusations against anyone here, but I've read stories from people who flat out could not afford to go without Free Dining. If that's the case, those people aren't opening their wallets once there either, KWIM?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to throw out accusations against anyone here, but I've read stories from people who flat out could not afford to go without Free Dining. If that's the case, those people aren't opening their wallets once there either, KWIM?
Promotions are always a risk. You offer X at a discount hoping that they will buy Y while they are there. Free dining though is a great promotion for Disney though and IMHO better that 4/3 from an overall profit standpoint. Guests spend a ton of time eating all the while seeing how much it would have cost them. This produces sort of a spending euphoria and people tend to loosen the purse strings a bit. The 4/3 does not really have that element.

Upvote 0

tizzo

My best guess on free dining is that they're trying to get people who would otherwise come at a different time of year to come when it's less crowded; trying to get people who would otherwise stay off-property to stay on-property; or getting people like AP holders who don't need park tickets to buy a MYW package.

What I am sure of is that they've analyzed it and see some benefit to it, and since they keep offering it they must be realizing that benefit.

Upvote 0

echovictor

Yep...here's what mine said...
And for stays most nights 1/2/11–4/16/11 and 5/1/11–6/5/11, you can enjoy great savings on a stay at select Disney Resort hotels—making it easy to experience a world of magic...and to make a world of memories. Plus, since the lines can be shorter and the weather may be more comfortable, these are also the times when you could enjoy the Walt Disney World experience most.

40% at Deluxe Villas (30% at BCV)
35% at Deluxe (25% at GF)
30% at Moderate (15% at POFQ)
25% at Value (15% at ASMovies)

I'm new to this board so please be patient with me as I try to learn the ins and outs of discounts. Do these pin codes usually end up as public offers down the road (for those dates that they can't fill at rack rates)? We are going the first week of March and are not interested in the free dining offer. Hoping to snag a room discount.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm new to this board so please be patient with me as I try to learn the ins and outs of discounts. Do these pin codes usually end up as public offers down the road (for those dates that they can't fill at rack rates)? We are going the first week of March and are not interested in the free dining offer. Hoping to snag a room discount.
Sometimes. I have seen them come out verbatim as a public offer and have seen them scaled back a bit.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Yep...here's what mine said...
And for stays most nights 1/2/11–4/16/11 and 5/1/11–6/5/11, you can enjoy great savings on a stay at select Disney Resort hotels—making it easy to experience a world of magic...and to make a world of memories. Plus, since the lines can be shorter and the weather may be more comfortable, these are also the times when you could enjoy the Walt Disney World experience most.

40% at Deluxe Villas (30% at BCV)
35% at Deluxe (25% at GF)
30% at Moderate (15% at POFQ)
25% at Value (15% at ASMovies)

Thanks for posting this GlenAngl...just made my night to see SOME form of discount finally coming out that includes March! Now here's hoping I get one so that I can apply it to my March Spring Break trip! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom