WDW Picture of the Day Thread (Part 5)

NEmickeyfan

DHS . Fantasmic Mickey! . Dec. 2008

SorcererMickey.jpg

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Here is my shot for today, the first of many to come from my recent Jan. '09 trip:

Click the photo to link to Photo by Cooleo.

:confused: There appears to be an error in the way I set up the link. Figgy - Any help you can provide on this, I thought I had it. :shrug:

First, welcome back. I'll admit that I only found this picture because I saw your picture today (which is also great!) and went back into your post history. Do you use Firefox? If so, I can post some links to some really cool tools for Flickr and Firefox that will assist you in posting here. Hope your trip was great!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
First, welcome back. I'll admit that I only found this picture because I saw your picture today (which is also great!) and went back into your post history. Do you use Firefox? If so, I can post some links to some really cool tools for Flickr and Firefox that will assist you in posting here. Hope your trip was great!

Okay, here are the Firefox add-ons that make Flickr easier to use.

First, install Greasemonkey. Greasemonkey allows you to alter bits of javascript within Firefox.

Restart the browser.

Next, for easily posting pictures in forums, install All Sizes + by going to this page, and clicking #3 that says "Install AllSizes+".

Now, go to your photo's page, and click the "All Sizes" button above the image. Instead of taking you to the typical all sizes page, a little pop-up will appear. You can play with this popup to determine all of the features, but for the purpose of posting here easily, click "large" at the top, and "[]" on the top right (that button toggles between BB Code and HTML, so if it's "<>" don't click anything - you will use the HTML to post to Flickr groups, and the BB Code to post here).

Copy the BB Code, and paste in this thread. Viola, you now have a picture that links to your Flickr page.

All of that may sound difficult, but it's much much easier than copying the image, then linking the copied image everytime you want to post an image.

For other awesome Flickr hacks (I use about 15 different ones), see the Flickr Group: Flickr Hacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom