Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Calli Grill

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 71

gibson12

Seems like there is a lot of folks with camera knowledge on this board; maybe someone will take kindly to my plight and help with a question:

When I bought my Sony Cybershot, I thought it would be ideal for taking photos on dark rides, since it has such a high ISO. But here is an example of a night shot that just looks fuzzy. I see so many other pictures on here that capture the park at night with a much crisper image. Is this the best I should expect from my camera, or could I improve this by playing with the settings?

DSC02153.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Seems like there is a lot of folks with camera knowledge on this board; maybe someone will take kindly to my plight and help with a question:

When I bought my Sony Cybershot, I thought it would be ideal for taking photos on dark rides, since it has such a high ISO. But here is an example of a night shot that just looks fuzzy. I see so many other pictures on here that capture the park at night with a much crisper image. Is this the best I should expect from my camera, or could I improve this by playing with the settings?

Well, from my experience using a Cybershot (I've had one for about 2 1/2 years now) there's a little bit of improvement you can do by playing with the settings on your own. However, I've gotten my best night shots simply by using the "Twilight" setting. The biggest thing with taking a night shot using that setting is to place the camera either on a tripod or some stable object (trashcan, railing, table, etc.) For example, the pic below was taken with my Cybershot using the twilight setting, and honestly, while a bit fuzzy, its pretty good for a point and shoot digital camera (though the railing bothers me. :mad: I was using it steady the camera):

Epcot-Thanksgiving2008265.jpg

However, you can get nice shots using just auto settings. Here's a night shot with just auto settings that I took without placing the camera on anything:

Epcot-Thanksgiving2008298.jpg

In short, it is possible to get some nice night/dark shots with a Cybershot, and in my experience, the less you play around with the ISO and more you use the standard settings on the camera, the better the shots turn out. Also, the more you zoom in, the grainier the shot will become, and any little bit of shaking is further accentuated, so try to stay away from that. :shrug:

Hope that helps. :wave:

(And sorry about the two picture post. :eek: I'll refrain from posting tomorrow to make up for it.)

Gorjus

A higher ISO and Zooming will make a photo grainier. It is better to use 100 ISO and a tripod to keep the camera steady while the lens is open longer. If I were you, I would park myself in some location in your town where night shots might be cool. And put your camera on a tripod or a trashcan. Then try each and every setting possible and see what you like best. Keep in mind that something like the Osborne lights or Castle lights or something that bright often look good with normal settings. HOwever, if you were to shoot, say Agrabah, as you did; because of lower light levels, it might yield different results.

WDWFigment

Original Poster

Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page. I will be posting several Christmas pictures there today to make up for my long absence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom