WDW Picture of the Day (Part 8)

1DisneyDad

DSC01620.jpg

TakeMeThere81

Toward the end of the day, we finally got this photopass picture. The photopass photographer who was there early that morning was still there. And he was looking a bit run-down. I thought I'd cheer him up by asking for a picture...with him! It worked!

377.jpg

ChuckElias

I've always wonered why this sign has a dragon in the middle.
The original plans for Animal Kingdom included its own version of Fantasyland. There was supposed to be an area that included animals from fantasy stories, featuring (obviously) dragons. That plan was scrapped for some reason (maybe budget) and now I think Camp Minnie-Mickey is what took its place. The name of that area was going to be the Beastly Kingdom.

There has been one major dinosaur tie-in besides the Dinosaur attraction (which I don't really like, to be honest). Imagineers created a walking 8-foot tall animatronic dinosaur, which was named Lucky. Lucky debuted at California Adventure, but spent a summer at Animal Kingdom in '05, I think. It has since moved on to Hong Kong.

Here's Lucky in action:

2478845401_ce3fbd1617.jpg

Here the pin that commemorates Lucky's arrival in Florida:
LuckyTheDinosaurWDWMay2005.jpg

ShadeRF

I finally got back to Disney for the day and got some new shots. Here's my shot for today.

Click the image above to view my Flickr page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom