WDW Picture of the Day (Part 8)

photoflight

Sorry to bump this so far forward, but I have photos of my family at DL in 1968. My mom (and many of the ladies) was wearing a dress and heels!!! I'll have to scan it in...

Here's '65 :)

243578969_ufQys-M.jpg

EvilQueen-T

the pic of the dapper dan's is great, love the composition but i have to say i LOVE seeing the old/vintage pics from wdw. i can say i honestly know what it's like to do disney in a dress and heels...i had my grad night at mk in the mid 80s and dress code then was dress and heels for the girls. nothing like seeing a ton of high school girls carrying shoes and walking barefoot all over the mk so i can only imagine how bad it was for the women in your photo doing an entire day back then dressed like that and still having to do all the normal stuff as the parent...omg!

ChuckElias

Sorry to bump this so far forward, but I have photos of my family at DL in 1968. My mom (and many of the ladies) was wearing a dress and heels!!!
I'm sure many people know this already, but on Disneyland's opening day, the asphalt for the streets hadn't quite set yet and it was so hot during the day that the heels on women's shoes sank into the pavement all afternoon. Just one of the MANY snafus on opening day!

Capty

This is an attraction I haven't visited since sometime in the early 1980s. All of our Disney trips are in July and I'm just too hot to lug myself up there. Thanks for the photo!

The treehouse is one of my favorites. I always dragged my dad through it when I was little. This visit, I was surprised to hear so many parents having to explain the story to their kids. I thought everybody had seen Swiss Family Robinson!

(Excuse the lines on the picture, I was playing with my camera's settings.)
DSCN2479.jpg

tigger731

The treehouse is one of my favorites. I always dragged my dad through it when I was little. This visit, I was surprised to hear so many parents having to explain the story to their kids. I thought everybody had seen Swiss Family Robinson!

(Excuse the lines on the picture, I was playing with my camera's settings.)

I think the lines "age" the picture. I like them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom