WDW Picture of the Day (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alztybrn

002FifeandDrumCorps.jpg

Well Done Doc!

Alztybrn

Mine for today really upset me. When I got my DSLR and tripod, I knew this is one of the pics I HAD to get while I was in the world. So one night, late after Illuminations I get ready for this pic...only to find out a Light is OUT! I was so mad...but yet took it anyway...oh well...2 more years....

332356129_tb5sM-L.jpg

MattyFresh

^ I know the light aggravated you, but its still an awesome picture. I don't know if I have ever gone to the world with a specific picture in mind, they are all just kinda in the moment. Its awesome that you had that image in your head.

hpyhnt 1000

Alztybrn - That is a great picture, even with the light out. Don't you hate when that happens?

I've had something similar happen at Epcot. I wanted to videotape IllumiNations, so I got a prime position in World Showcase Plaza early and got set up. Everything's going great until the celebration segment. You know those four star shaped fireworks that should go off at the same time? They weren't even close! They were sporadic and not even close to being in synch with the music. :mad: Whats even better, at the end, the torch that emerges from the earth globe didn't even light up! :fork: Needless to say, I was pretty p-oed about the whole thing.

WDWFigment

That's a great donald fishing at ak, figment. :)

Thanks! I suppose the funny thing is that I almost didn't even post it because it's at the 'bottom of my barrel' of pictures from the 2007 trips, so to speak. Glad you liked it, though!

WDWFigment, your pics are my favorites! You have such a great clear camera. I want to get a better camera. All I have is a samsung digital camera and a canon 35mm-which only sucks because you don't get to preview the pics, you are shooting blindly sort of. That and I don't want to lug 2 different cameras AND a camcorder through the parks. Hmmmm.

It's not really the camera as much as it is what I've done afterwards in Photoshop CS3, the use of a tripod (when necessary--not for most daytime pictures), shooting at appropriate times of day, and composing the picture well (or cropping well, as is often the case for me!). The cameras I've used for the past two trips are technically subpar (in my opinion).

This trip, I'll be using a DSLR for the first time, and while it's not as impressive as a lot of people's here, it's much sharper than my current cameras, and the ability to finally shoot in RAW gives me the ability to make shots that simply aren't otherwise feasible (at least with my lenses). I'm quite excited for what's possible!

That said, if you do get another P&S camera, I'd recommend getting a Nikon or Canon with some manual settings (if you're into that) or at least "best shot" options that give you scenario options. Good luck!

^ I know the light aggravated you, but its still an awesome picture. I don't know if I have ever gone to the world with a specific picture in mind, they are all just kinda in the moment. Its awesome that you had that image in your head.

Man, I have a full notepad of 'anticipated pictures' for my August trip. They'll probably account for less than 5% of all the pictures I take, but I don't want to forget anything that I really want (or is necessary for a photo book layout I have in mind!).

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks! I took this just inside the turnstiles, almost all the way on the right (facing SSE). It's actually out of the way of almost all of the foot traffic. I used a tripod, which I have found to be key to taking good pics at night. Then just wait for a good moment during Illuminations. I was hoping the fireworks would be a bit higher, but this seemed to work out ok. I also used some zoom. Hope this helps!

Thanks very much....I shall deffinatly try to do this!:D

Horizons1

Thanks, Jeff. I really like the shape Innoventions. fIt allows for unique visual angles like that.

krankenstein, very cool picture. I like the fogginess of it.

Alztybrn, the picture still came out great, even with the one light burned out. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything!

Here's mine for today:

DSC08143.jpg

BrennaRN

WDWFigment..........beautiful. I can't wait to see what you'll do with a DSLR. Good luck and keep the beautiful shots coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom