WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

ddbowdoin

Original Poster
3.20.20_C330_TXP_012.jpg

Play is banned.

Chernabog1940

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse, Bristol, Maine. The light tower is on the right and has a 4th order Fresnel lens. The red building in the center is the bell house. This is where the large fog bell was. The tower behind it contained the clockwork mechanism that struck the bell. The red building on the left, is the kerosene storage shed. It was so far away from the house in the event it caught fire. This is one of the most accessible lighthouses on the coast of Maine. During the summer there is a museum in the keeper's house and you can climb to the top of the light tower. As you can see from the picture, the ledges below the lighthouse are open to the public.

49979344022_14b90b8fbc_k.jpg

Last edited:

sedati

IMG_0273.jpg

I'd forgotten that my city has its own battleship. This is the USS Salem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Salem_(CA-139). When I visited a few weeks ago it was not open to visitors and was having some work done. Sadly, they were not in the process of installing a wave motion engine/gun. Starsha from Iscandar could probably cure Covid-19 with the Cosmo DNA, so I think it would be worth the effort.

Chernabog1940

Camden, Maine The schooner Grace Bailey (formerly the Mattie) is on the right. She was built in 1882 and carried on trade until 1939. She was then converted to a passenger configuration. She still carries on that tradition by taking tourists on 3-7 day excursions. She has no engine so is solely dependent on the wind for propulsion. On these cruises, there is always a clambake that includes steamed clams, mussels, corn-on-the-cob, and, of course, lobster. Her last major restoration finished in 1990.

50017802196_7d39e9f0ef_k.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom