WDW Permits Part 3

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
5/10 Update

Several filed today - all but one by Buena Vista Construction (aka Disney), so very vague and no maps.

Lots of electrical work at the MK - must be internal upgrades since they're being done by Disney.

Also, electrical work at ToT - perhaps a little reprogramming by WDI?

Treehouse Villas having a little work done, and misc electrical and carpentry work elsewhere on property.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
05/11/10 Update

In case anyone doesn't know where the Disney Reservation Center is (I didn't until tonight), it's at 7100 Municipal Drive, Orlando, FL 32819.

They filed permits to work on the water coolers there :shrug:

SeaCastle

The permit listed three diffeent addresses for the new signage. When I turn on my computer next I'll check my Epcot street address index and see which buildings they are.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
The permit listed three diffeent addresses for the new signage. When I turn on my computer next I'll check my Epcot street address index and see which buildings they are.

I would love to see that "index". Epcot street addresses are so elusive!

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
What are the occupancy rates like for the hotels? Is there a demand for these types of suites?

More and more families seem to have 5 or 6 members. Currently, 2 adults with 3 children can either stay at a Family Suite at All-Star Music, or get a standard room at Riverside with a Trundle Bed.

Of course, they can always pay top dollar for a Deluxe room that accommodates more than 4 people, but most families of 5 or 6 can barely afford to go at all.

So, yes, this resort will definitely fill up. They're going to be able to accommodate groups that have been staying off property (buying 2 rooms at the Holiday Inn for less than 2 rooms at an All-Star Resort), and allow them to book later than a year in advance, which is sometimes what it requires to get one of the few Family Suites at Music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom