WDW Permits Part 3

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Let's hope it involves fixing the Barrier Test Car and the ABS cone

That effect was taken out. The vehicle has been replaced and from what I understand, it can only be a static display now.

I thought I saw the car in December, but I don't think it was moving.
The effect has changed a bit over the years. When TT first opened the effect was at its best. The car moved toward the barrier, struck it, and crumpled up so to speak. When you were preparing for your own launch into the barrier it reset. Like so many other cool effects it broke...a lot.....and was eventually replaced. Currently there is an already smashed up truck in its place. When your ride vehicle rounds the corner the truck bounces as though it hit the barrier just before you got there. Not as cool as the first one but it seems to work more consistently.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/13/10 Update

Added two permits today, and went back and added three from Osceola County on January 7.

Today, elevator work at Contemporary and some signage at the LBV Holiday Inn

Added to the 7th, some work at the Sports Complex and a Laundry Room renovation at All Star Movies.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Thanks edwardtc!

About Test Track, what do you mean "resurface" the track?

The gripping surface that is applied to the track. If you look closely, you'll see that it has a gritty texture to it, which allows the car tires to better grip the surface and stay on course.

The upside to the coating is that it "minimizes" the ride failures by keeping the cars on their intended paths without losing traction or slipping - which would probably cause an e-stop.

The downside is that it REALLY wears down the 4 "real" tires on the cars. They replace them at an astonishing rate.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/15/10 Update

Today.....

Lots of chiller replacement at AK.

Electrical work at California Grill.

Structural work on Catastrophe Canyon during the Backlot Tour's refurb.

Expanding the Friendship boat dock at Germany.

New windows at Narcoosee's, and a new chiller at the Wedding Pavilion.

Restroom remodel, automatic door work, and marina electrical work at Yacht & Beach.

Exprcoofto

Any chance a permit was missed? The following was posted on Mouse Planet on the 11th:

Construction update

Here is the listing of interesting items from paperwork filed with Orange County in the last week:

• Magic Kingdom Peter Pan's Flight – complete rehabilitation of exterior facades and roof.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Any chance a permit was missed? The following was posted on Mouse Planet on the 11th:

Um....I don't think so. I just went and compared the number of permits listed each day on the Recorder's site to my listings and the counts all line up. I didn't miss any - or at least any that were filed as Notice of Commencement.

I have no idea where Mouse Planet got that one. What were the ones listed before and after that one in their list? Maybe I can see if there's something else in the database that just didn't get filed as a NoC.

Exprcoofto

Um....I don't think so. I just went and compared the number of permits listed each day on the Recorder's site to my listings and the counts all line up. I didn't miss any - or at least any that were filed as Notice of Commencement.

I have no idea where Mouse Planet got that one. What were the ones listed before and after that one in their list? Maybe I can see if there's something else in the database that just didn't get filed as a NoC.

Here is the full part of the post:

Construction update

Here is the listing of interesting items from paperwork filed with Orange County in the last week:

• Magic Kingdom Peter Pan's Flight – complete rehabilitation of exterior facades and roof.
  • Magic Kingdom Splash Mountain – replace Mill House shake roof.
  • Magic Kingdom Liberty Tree Tavern – replacewood shake roof.
  • Epcot Test Track – pressure washing, prep and painting of the galvanized steel rail on the outdoor portion of the track, the conduit and hangers underneath the track.
  • Epcot China pavilion – replace chilled water air conditioning units in the first and second floor mechanical rooms.
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Kilimanjaro Safari – replace thatch roof.
  • Downtown Disney Marketplace – replace marina decking.
  • Downtown Disney Cirque du Soleil – roof repairs, resurfacing of areas and upgrade.
  • Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village – install high temperature protection on domestic hot water system.
  • Caribbean Beach Resort marina dock – remove and replace deck boards.
  • Pop Century Resort Hippie Dippie wading pool – sand filter re-piping.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Here is the full part of the post:

Well, I just don't know where they got it, unless I'm missing something.

The first posts I have (and that are in the database) from 2010 are on the 5th. There are 2 listed before the Splash Mountain Roof one, which are MILF Cast RR and Crystal Palace Break Room. There was no NoC for Peter Pan between them.

Brian_WDW74

Well, I just don't know where they got it, unless I'm missing something.

The first posts I have (and that are in the database) from 2010 are on the 5th. There are 2 listed before the Splash Mountain Roof one, which are MILF Cast RR and Crystal Palace Break Room. There was no NoC for Peter Pan between them.

I don't think that you missed it. You just mislabeled it. The link that you list as:

Liberty Tree Tavern: Complete exterior facade refurb

Is actually for Peter Pan's Flight. At least, that's what the description on page 2 of the document says. :)

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/20/10 Update

11 permits filed today, all by Buena Vista Construction Company (aka Disney). Needless to say, they're very vague and don't come with the handy survey maps. Several of them just have addresses, which are useless.

Several permits for Blizzard Beach.

Minor Construction at DHS, Theater of the Stars.

Building work at 1440 Ave of the Stars at Epcot. Plus, they've filed a permit for more work at The Land.

Some sitework and plumbing at the MK Train Station, and an official notice of "electrical and building work" at the castle moat.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Tom for keeping up this awesome thread...and for whomever got it to be a sticky....sometimes when I need a good and proper fix I find it really fun to ponder on what is being done on the upkeep at my happy place....even if it be a wee little thing, when I can picture that spot in my mind I am there....:king:

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Tom for keeping up this awesome thread...and for whomever got it to be a sticky....sometimes when I need a good and proper fix I find it really fun to ponder on what is being done on the upkeep at my happy place....even if it be a wee little thing, when I can picture that spot in my mind I am there....:king:

Well, golly, you're welcome. it's fun and it keeps me up-to-date on things too. Nice to know that they really ARE spending money on upkeep, even if guests don't always see it first-hand.

Where in the Midwest are you, Tink?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Oh I physically reside north of your border:wave:....aka much much tooooooo far from Walt Disney World....:lookaroun...but mentally?!! I am in the Magic Kingdom as much as possible....:D and soon those two selves shall be as one....

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
01/28/10 Update

14 Permits today. Most of them posted by BVCC (aka Disney) so they're pretty boring, vague and have no maps.

One of the permits is for work in MO3 (Expo Hall), which probably refers to the WDWMagic news article posted today about the Mickey and Minnie Meet-n-Greet coming soon to Expo Hall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom