WDW Permits 2015

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management district to pave this grass parking area at Wild World of Sports. They will also be making some changes to the Victory Way entrance to better accommodate busses.

Capture.JPG

JWG

I'd be surprised if Pop stays Pop. With only half of the century done and the Art of Animation taking the other side... it seems like a retheming could be in order.

boufa

I'd be surprised if Pop stays Pop. With only half of the century done and the Art of Animation taking the other side... it seems like a retheming could be in order.

I think this would be a huge waste of money... And while your logic is correct, but I think there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to theme issues. I just can't see them reworking the entire resort into something more AoA ish.

They could, and most likely are, testing new theme rooms... like the pirate rooms, or something to that effect. Maybe each decade will get a themed room from a movie that came out that year...

In the end it as all about money and re-themeing/re-branding the resort isn't going to make a consistently full resort fuller. However, a new class of rooms, that can charge a premium per night, could certainly bring in more money.

Tom

Beta Return
There was a permit filed today for Pop Century with the description "Functional Model Rooms". Wondering if this is a model for a new type of room, or maybe a refurb.

I predict some AoA style suites coming down the pipe. The family demographic is outgrowing standard hotel rooms and desire larger and more "accommodating" accommodations - especially at Value pricing.

RSoxNo1

I agree, but I think they'll probably wait until the natural refurbishment schedule. They can redo the entire resort at that time.

boufa

Could you please give a rough idea of what requires a permit. I realize it is a large and legal thing, but in the broadest terms what is the minimum work to require a permit. For example... Electrical and Mechanical... does that mean replacing an outlet? I also realize that different levels of permits require different things (like soil and water or wetlands permits)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Could you please give a rough idea of what requires a permit. I realize it is a large and legal thing, but in the broadest terms what is the minimum work to require a permit. For example... Electrical and Mechanical... does that mean replacing an outlet? I also realize that different levels of permits require different things (like soil and water or wetlands permits)

Most of the "permit"s posted in this thread are actually Notices of Commencement which means work is ab out to begin on real property and it's main purpose is to be sure the contractor gets paid in a timely fashion when the work is complete. A notice of commencement is required for anything over $2500. The other type of permit that I post about is one submitted to the South Florida Water Management District. These permits are needed whenever something is going to be done that will impact storm water control. This normally means when a permeable surface (water way, grass, trees, etc) is being turned into a non-permeable surface (building, concrete path, road, etc).

boufa

Most of the "permit"s posted in this thread are actually Notices of Commencement which means work is ab out to begin on real property and it's main purpose is to be sure the contractor gets paid in a timely fashion when the work is complete. A notice of commencement is required for anything over $2500. The other type of permit that I post about is one submitted to the South Florida Water Management District. These permits are needed whenever something is going to be done that will impact storm water control. This normally means when a permeable surface (water way, grass, trees, etc) is being turned into a non-permeable surface (building, concrete path, road, etc).

Very clear... thanks for this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom