• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

WDW Permits 2015

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Could you please give a rough idea of what requires a permit. I realize it is a large and legal thing, but in the broadest terms what is the minimum work to require a permit. For example... Electrical and Mechanical... does that mean replacing an outlet? I also realize that different levels of permits require different things (like soil and water or wetlands permits)
Most of the "permit"s posted in this thread are actually Notices of Commencement which means work is ab out to begin on real property and it's main purpose is to be sure the contractor gets paid in a timely fashion when the work is complete. A notice of commencement is required for anything over $2500. The other type of permit that I post about is one submitted to the South Florida Water Management District. These permits are needed whenever something is going to be done that will impact storm water control. This normally means when a permeable surface (water way, grass, trees, etc) is being turned into a non-permeable surface (building, concrete path, road, etc).

boufa

Advertisement
Most of the "permit"s posted in this thread are actually Notices of Commencement which means work is ab out to begin on real property and it's main purpose is to be sure the contractor gets paid in a timely fashion when the work is complete. A notice of commencement is required for anything over $2500. The other type of permit that I post about is one submitted to the South Florida Water Management District. These permits are needed whenever something is going to be done that will impact storm water control. This normally means when a permeable surface (water way, grass, trees, etc) is being turned into a non-permeable surface (building, concrete path, road, etc).
Very clear... thanks for this.

When I was there last weekend they had part of the pathways in front of the Tree of Life opened but then there was a rope which was really disappointing.

JoeCamel

Permits continue to be slow. Last month was 20 permits short of October 2014 and so far November is 15 permits short of the same period last year.
And I thank you for keeping up with this. The permits are the only factual evidence of what they are doing. The rest may be inside info but who knows how accurate that is.

Thanks again

boufa

What is the new restaurant that was permitted this week? The address come out (per google) as near the all stars. Certainly it isn't at the all stars, because you list it as Disney Springs.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
What is the new restaurant that was permitted this week? The address come out (per google) as near the all stars. Certainly it isn't at the all stars, because you list it as Disney Springs.
The permit did not say specifically, but a name in the permit traces back to the parent company that will be operating Rick Bayless's restaurant, so it seems to be for that.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/chef-rick-bayless-to-open-frontera-fresco-at-disney-springs.906637/

Top Bottom