WDW Permits 2015

Jahona

2kFeq1R.png

I had to look it up. I remembered a shop with Villains in the name but couldn't remember were it was.

RayTheFirefly

There was a permit filed today for County Bear Jamboree. Must be a big project because it doesn't expire until November 2016.

Country Bear Jamboree - Exterior Rehab

Not sure what this one is for...

DHS Villians - 701 Sunset Dr - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

The Contractor who's working on CBJ also built the Theater in the Wild in DAK and Hollywood Drive-in Mini-golf at Universal.

http://www.fwc.co/services/theme-park-construction/

DisneyRoy

Villains product from what I see happening is moving to WOD. The villains store is being rethemed into a toy store/home goods store. It will be called Reel Vogue and should be open by the end of this week.

Ugh. I actually enjoyed that store at HS. Now i have to trek all the way to Downtown Disney for any villains merch? Fine....but I won't be happy about it. :banghead:

SosoDude

I have a quick question on the subject of the CB Jamboree exterior refurb. Will it be closed for refurb during this time? I have never experienced this attraction and was planning on trying it this November.

MGMBoy

I have a quick question on the subject of the CB Jamboree exterior refurb. Will it be closed for refurb during this time? I have never experienced this attraction and was planning on trying it this November.

Nothing that has been announced but that is "subject to change without notice". Maybe it will be like the Main Street exterior refreshes where they use scrims but still allow access to the building.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing that has been announced but that is "subject to change without notice". Maybe it will be like the Main Street exterior refreshes where they use scrims but still allow access to the building.

Yeah, this is something that could possibly be done without closing the attraction.

jt04

I hope someone consults Empress Lily on these boards for this project's details. Just saying. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't posted any liens recently but I ran across two good ones today. Liens give us some idea what Disney spends on construction projects.

Hopkins,Schmidt & Stowell Contractors, Inc.for metal stud system,insulation, EFIS and Gypsum for The Boat House construction. Total value $1,801,917.

Exact Plumbing, Inc for plumbing materials and labor for Splash Mountain men's and women's guest restroom modifications. Total value $65,254.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I haven't posted any liens recently but I ran across two good ones today. Liens give us some idea what Disney spends on construction projects.

Hopkins,Schmidt & Stowell Contractors, Inc.for metal stud system,insulation, EFIS and Gypsum for The Boat House construction. Total value $1,801,917.

Exact Plumbing, Inc for plumbing materials and labor for Splash Mountain men's and women's guest restroom modifications. Total value $65,254.
Keep up the good work. You are about to get really busy...

*1023*

SomeInternetGuy

Hope it's okay I post a quick update in this thread, as I came across a somewhat interesting permit filed with the SFWMD today for "Exploratory Geotechnical Borings" at three locations around WDW's property. From the permit's description, the borings are for new potential roadways throughout the resort:

The applicant is researching possible alignments for roadway expansions. Applicant desires to permit temporary wetland impacts to allow for entry by geotechnical drill rigs to collect data and assess suitability of subsurface soils. Impacts are of a temporary nature and are required for drill rig access.

Of the three boring locations, two of them are particularly interesting. The first location follows the path of the rumored Floridian Way extension, which has been previously discussed as becoming a new North entrance to property, connecting to the new road/intersection behind the Cast Member parking lot alleviating traffic on Center Dr. and allowing for traffic flow during the nightly fireworks:

h9Co0K5.jpg

The second location is much more interesting. It shows a path for a potential new roadway from Victory Way towards the Hollywood Studios parking lot. I'd imagine this is related to the upcoming Hollywood Studios overhaul, and I believe a new entrance in this area has been mentioned/rumored in the past:

cL4RhRN.jpg

In my opinion, this would be a great place for a new entrance/exit to the park, allowing for much less congested exiting onto Osceola Parkway and likely negating the need for the Buena Vista drive entrance.

Here's a link to the documents this information came from:
Exhibits
Application

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hope it's okay I post a quick update in this thread, as I came across a somewhat interesting permit filed with the SFWMD today for "Exploratory Geotechnical Borings" at three locations around WDW's property. From the permit's description, the borings are for new potential roadways throughout the resort:

Of the three boring locations, two of them are particularly interesting. The first location follows the path of the rumored Floridian Way extension, which has been previously discussed as becoming a new North entrance to property, connecting to the new road/intersection behind the Cast Member parking lot alleviating traffic on Center Dr. and allowing for traffic flow during the nightly fireworks:

h9Co0K5.jpg

The second location is much more interesting. It shows a path for a potential new roadway from Victory Way towards the Hollywood Studios parking lot. I'd imagine this is related to the upcoming Hollywood Studios overhaul, and I believe a new entrance in this area has been mentioned/rumored in the past:

cL4RhRN.jpg

In my opinion, this would be a great place for a new entrance/exit to the park, allowing for much less congested exiting onto Osceola Parkway and likely negating the need for the Buena Vista drive entrance.

Here's a link to the documents this information came from:
Exhibits
Application

These are both interesting, because even though there has been speculation on both, what is being shown here is not exactly how we though this would go. I was assuming that the Floridian one would connect further north up where the road bends to the east. As for the DHS one I believe it was speculated that this one would go further north.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom