WDW Permits 2013

PeterAlt

Remember that the future land use map is not show zoning, it just shows recommendations on how each piece of land is best used based on the overall land use goals. None of this is set in stone. I also think you are reading things wrong. The areas you are saying are for attractions are light green on the map which is Resource Management/Recreation. New attractions would go in the pink areas which are designated for Entertainment.
Are we looking at the same map? I'm referring to the PDF file on the main page of their site.

EDIT - This one: http://www.rcid.org/Portals/0/Documents/Land_Development_Regulations/Future_Land_Use_Map.pdf

All the items I am referring to are in light pink, not resource management.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Right. Everything has to be zoned for something. Each time any jurisdiction re-works their master plan, they'll apply zoning classifications to best suit any possible future needs, regardless of if there are plans or not. For RCID to zone an area for "Entertainment" or "Lodging" is no different than my home town appropriating land along our highway for "General Business" and land along the county roads as "Residential" or "Agriculture". You do whatever it takes to eliminate as much future re-zoning as possible.
Right. A shopping mall isn't going to get built at a site zoned for an elementary school. That said, I think the map gives a fairly good idea of where future stuff might get built.

PeterAlt

Here an example of one I mentioned:

image.jpg

Look at World Showcase. There is pink on the east side of the canal. Then, it continues in a straight line going north east as dark brown, which is mixed use.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Are we looking at the same map? I'm referring to the PDF file on the main page of their site.

EDIT - This one: http://www.rcid.org/Portals/0/Documents/Land_Development_Regulations/Future_Land_Use_Map.pdf

All the items I am referring to are in light pink, not resource management.

I was looking at a different map, the on in the RCID 2020 Master Plan. It shows basically he same thing, but the map you refered to is a little easier to interpret. I see what you are looking at now. Most of the entertainment areas you mention are small pieces of land attached to existing parks, that's why I wasn't make thing connection to what you were describing.

PeterAlt

Some other examples:

image.jpg

Here, you can see the plot I mentioned zoned for entertainment west of Fantasmic! Also, why is a slither of land following on the SE side of the canal wrapping round east of DHS pink? I get why the roads leading into are (because of the toll gates). The parking lot is perfect for when the park is ready for big expansion, as it will form an hour-glass shape and hub near the current entrance. The land across from World Drive zoned for mixed use is perfect for replacement parking when that time comes.
image.jpg

Here, you can see two future EPCOT resorts already zoned in and future "mixed use" around the vicinity. Also, note the pink on the resort-side of the canal, west of Imagination.

image.jpg

Note the pink west of Typhoon Lagoon.

image.jpg

Note the pink north of Blizzard Beach.

EDIT - All the brown ("mixed use") lines you see connecting various pieces of property could be used for a future transportation system. Although, to me, this is painfully obvious, I have to point it out for everyone else.

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Never mind. That wasn't it. It's a new interactive learning game called Search for the Secret Keys. They've been deploying it throughout the Internet, so it looks like they'll be deploying it also as a property-wide NextGen game. Google it, if you don't believe me.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Never mind. That wasn't it. It's a new interactive learning game called Search for the Secret Keys. They've been deploying it throughout the Internet, so it looks like they'll be deploying it also as a property-wide NextGen game. Google it, if you don't believe me.

That might have been a possibility if it wasn't for the fact that the game you are talking about is over 10 years old.

PeterAlt

That might have been a possibility if it wasn't for the fact that the game you are talking about is over 10 years old.
For Pete's sake, you all should know my sense of humor by now! But I was serious about the K in "kit". I've seen names of installation packages ending with "kit" before.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
For Pete's sake, you all should know my sense of humor by now! But I was serious about the K in "kit". I've seen names of installation packages ending with "kit" before.

I wasn't aware you had a sense of humor ;) What do you mean by "installation package"?

Tom

Beta Return

Are you thinking of Graphics Packages or Show Scene Packages?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom