WDW park option "Extinct Ride Park" think about it!

M.T. LOTT

Original Poster
I know it does not make much sense but if it is a funny thought. What park would you visit for the day if they offered an Extinct Ride theme park. All the rides that no longer exist from each park in one place. I know it would be first on my list to visit. Again I know this is not a real option and it would be very hard to capture the "feel" of the ride in a different location to the original. I just thought it would be a fun topic.

ElvisMickey

It's an entertaining thought! The question is...which ride does everyone run to at rope drop?! Journey Into Imagination, Horizons, Mr. Toad, World Of Motion?! Lol!

Oh...could we also have the PI nightclubs in the park too? Ha ha!

DizneyPryncess

I would run and literally knock people over to get on 20k

Ditto! I miss that ride!

It's funny when I saw this topic, I couldn't believe it. My husband just said a few days ago that he would love it if Disney built a park of extinct rides. That would be great! :)

AlishaSimonLee

It could be several virtual simulators at Downtown Disney where you pay to ride the ride and then get into a small simulator and pick the ride you want on a touch screen and ride!

ElvisMickey

I have a vivid memory of 20K.. Very hot, diesel fumes and being packed into the sub with people who thought deodorant was optional. 20K didn't do much for me.

I do miss Mr. Toad and the old airline ride think it was come fly with me??? Never a line and I thought it was a decent ride.

If You Had Wings / Delta Dreamflight...yes! I knew I was forgetting something. Ha ha!

M.T. LOTT

Original Poster
you can see a lot of these rides still on youtube! It is amazing how little you remember until you see it again. For me I would run to World of Motion. I also like the idea of simulators where you pick the ride you want, it would work well at Disney Quest.
I would also like to see SMRT again. I can't really remember what he did but for some reason it would be next on the list!

zooey

It could work as a virtual thing perhaps, similar to Sum of all Thrills, only on a bigger scale. You could have a console before boarding and select which extinct attraction you want to ride.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I would run and literally knock people over to get on 20k
:animwink:You would have to pick yourself up after i knocked you over getting to it first :p

In all seriousness would love to see that ride back!

I like the virtual idea of the park but its fun to imagine how they arrange all these long lost rides in a "real" park.

M.T. LOTT

Original Poster
:animwink:You would have to pick yourself up after i knocked you over getting to it first :p

In all seriousness would love to see that ride back!

I like the virtual idea of the park but its fun to imagine how they arrange all these long lost rides in a "real" park.
That was my next point! How would the park be set up. Part of what made those rides great was their location and the "feel" you got leading up to it

rlm919

That was my next point! How would the park be set up. Part of what made those rides great was their location and the "feel" you got leading up to it

It would be cool if they were all on some secluded island (river country!) where you had to take a short boat ride to get there.

Master Gracey 5

Not a bad plan, but I'd say it would only work with some of the extinct rides. It would be better off as a new land, maybe something tucked away out back in DHS. It could be themed as a mothball lot where all the retired rides are stored, but they've been opened again in their current location.

coolmark18

Hate to sound harsh but it's a terrible idea to execute.

You have to think about why these rides are now extinct. Lack of sponsorship/expensive maintenance etc...

Having a park full of dead/old attractions is not going to bring people round. And who would really want to invite their families to see old attractions?

Yes, its a great idea for Disneyfans like us who wants to see our old favorites back, but your regular customer isnt going to spend $80 to see the past.

britdaw

Seems like it would be a fun project, not just for Disney, but for all the fans of the park. :) I've only been to WDW once before, so I can't really add to this list, but it sounds like a fun idea!

Mukta

All of my favorite extinct rides would be from EPCOT.
World of Motion, old Journey into Imagination, Wonders of Life, Horizons etc.

pumpkin7

i don't think it would work, as coolmark said above, but i do think it's a good idea to discuss. i for one would love to experience 20k, and cranium command. i suppose if they do a poor job of the new star tours, then the original star tours would be in there lol.
i love watching the movies on youtube of these rides. although some of them are poor quality, it's interesting to see attractions of the past. i found a particularly interesting site about the rise and fall of 20k. you got to see it being drained and dismantled and filled in for poohs playful spot. facinating.
i think they should have a tribute to extinct rides. they all brought great happiness to people at some point and it's sad that a majority of people don't even know they existed. not have the rides themselves, but just a memorial to them. i'd go visit that for sure.

PurpleRose

I think it's a fun idea to talk about and imagineer. Toon Town can still exist there. The original Journey into Imagination can once again inspire us. Of course Horizons, 20K, Delta Flight, Mr. Toad's....

This park can be filled with our old memories. And other rides that were rumored but never materialized for whatever reason. I would pay $80 for this park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom