WDW Merchandise you wish they would make . . .

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Something ride specific that didnt look like it was designed by a committee of accountants and made with finset quality low cost man made fibres

fizzle75

I've said this many times before in similiar threads and I'm gonna say it again...BRING BACK THE DISNEY BOWLING SHIRTS!!!

I loooove those shirts! I first saw them during our first trip back in '05 and instantly fell in love with them. I bought one of them, the Kingpins bowling shirt with Mickey and Pete on it and vowed that I would buy the others if we returned the next year. Well, we did end up going back the next year and I was all excited about getting another one of those shirts but much to my chagrin there were none to be found. I asked around all over WDW about them and found out that the line was discontinued shortly after our trip the previous year. I was heartbroken. When we got back home I embarked on a quest that endures to this day...to find all of those shirts on Ebay and save them from being purchased by someone who won't appreciate them like I do!:animwink:

I am happy to report that I have managed to find and purchase all of them except the Chernabog Choppers shirt. I have even found some that I hadn't seen before(Cafe Goofy and Pool Sharks). In most cases I ended up paying well below what they retailed for in the parks. During our most recent trip in April, we were browsing around the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop when lo and behold I noticed a new PoTC bowling style shirt! I immediately snatched it up and growled at anyone within ten feet of me as if I were Gollum guarding my "precious".

I now have a glimmer of hope again that Disney will release a new line of these shirts and the world will be right again.

I also wish they would release a new line of basketball jerseys and focus on producing more resort/attraction based merchandise, especially magnets.

LoriMistress

One shirt I wish Disney would sell would be a HM shirt, where the front of the shirt says, "Of course, there's always my way..." and the back is the Ghost Host silhouette hung by a noose.

Postcards - yes, I know hardly anyone sends them anymore, but how else am I supposed to get professional-quality pictures of all the attractions?

I've also been on the hunt for a pin with Mickey Mouse as a doctor. Not a LE Doctors' Day pin, just a plain ol' Mickey in a white coat with a stethoscope would make me happy.

yankspy

I also would like more park and resort specific items. I have a collection of old bags (like the shopping bags) and there were different bags for the Contemporary and other resorts...instead of them all saying "Disney Parks" on them.

Bring back park and resort specific drink pics and swizzle sticks. Went to the new DHS and they were no longer using the grey MGM picks...and they didn't replace them with hew DHS picks.

Park specific bar sets would be great. And more shotglasses.

RIDE and ATTRACTION POSTERS. I see so many on the internet but they are for DL. What about WDW? :(

Also - would be great if they removed the wand from the silver SEE/EPCOT charms they are selling. :lol: It was still on them last time I was in the parks....
I was under the impression that they had MK attraction posters at the Art of Disney stores in WDW. I saw pictures of an HM one on this site. I know it was MK because it said Liberty square on the bottom. Try searching attraction posters and I am sure you will find the thread.

Disneyfan1981

Mine actually is a bring back. I'd love to see the return on the stick figure merchandise. For a while it was everywhere and now its nowhere and even rarer to see for sale on the secondary market. I know that many e-tickets had them where it was the three boxes for rides like Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. I'd love to get them back in full force and expanded other attractions if not in shirt form then at least in pin format.

MickeyMind

you know what I would like to see?

I would like to see disney open up something along the lines of build a bear, only instead of you just picking from generic looking bears, you can choose disney characters... people can make their own mickey mouse or donald duck and customize them, make them as fat as they want or as skinny as they want and have them wear the clothes you pick out and buy for them, just let the little kids decide how their most personal disney souveneir is going to look, and let them get some control over it, instead of just having to "settle" for the classic mickey and gang plushes ... I personally think it would be a big moneymaker for disney, and its something that can also be extended into malls or at disney stores (the few that remain anyway)... only Disney would have to magic it up a bit cause I dont know how appealing it would be to see a whole bunch of mickey or minnie skins just hangin on a wall or in a barrell lol

s8film40

HeatherK

I would totally agree with what MickeyMind said about the unique Build a Bear. I would make a Stitch and dress it like Mickey or the other way around. So instead of having to pick one stuffed character, in a way you mix it up and kinda get two. :ROFLOL:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
OK, but do you mind if it is made by small children working 10 hours a day? We gotta cut costs somewhere.....:lookaroun

Small children shouldnt grumble if they have to work, havent their parents heard of family planning. And age is no excuse for poor craftsmanship.

Tiggerfanatic

On my trip there in March I was looking for a t-shirt with Chip & Dale for adults - I found nothing. I did find one with multiple characters on it and they are there - I am looking for one with just the two of them. Guess I can keep wishing....:D
DD18 found a cute Chip & Dale Rescue Ranger T-shirt at Hot Topic I believe.

Missymoe4

There are so many great ideas on here. I wish someone from Disney would listen to the suggestions. It will skyrocket their profits, plus we'll be very happy :)

I'm really into scrapbooking and I feel as though a lot of the Disney stuff is cheap and/or cheezy looking, and they never change their die-cuts, paper, etc. I've thought about many different ways in which Disney can make much better products for us scrapbook junkies :) Ride specific paper, die cuts, embellishments from specific rides and restaurants would definitely be cool. The stuff that they sell now is so run-of-the-mill that anyone could buy anywhere. I'm totally not satisfied with that.

HeatherK

There are so many great ideas on here. I wish someone from Disney would listen to the suggestions. It will skyrocket their profits, plus we'll be very happy :)

I'm really into scrapbooking and I feel as though a lot of the Disney stuff is cheap and/or cheezy looking, and they never change their die-cuts, paper, etc. I've thought about many different ways in which Disney can make much better products for us scrapbook junkies :) Ride specific paper, die cuts, embellishments from specific rides and restaurants would definitely be cool. The stuff that they sell now is so run-of-the-mill that anyone could buy anywhere. I'm totally not satisfied with that.

Good point! There are about 4 times as many stickers and Disney scrapbooking papers at my local craft store then in all of WDW. & I bought the big book of scrapbooking paper from WDW and there is not a seperate DHS page. Even though I did buy it when it was still MGM, There is not one page of paper out of 40 pages that says "Disney's MGM Studios" or even prints of the sorcerer's hat. :mad:

The white skulls that sit on a shelf or desk and glow in the dark.

I actually bought one of these at Disney World in 1987 when they still had the Magic Shop on Main Street. It's made of ceramic resin and is very heavy.

I'd like to see them sell hand held lasers so everyone could participate in Illuminations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom