WDW literally falling apart

Tonto

You must be in a management position at one of these places, you didn’t read what I stated. I am a contractor for places like this and it because of people being in management that shouldn’t be, they simply do not know what to do. The ones who ran these places with intelligence and experience have retired or moved on either from frustration or being of retirement age. The “new guard” does not know what to do and either does nothing in confusion trying to “figure it out” or spends money inefficiently. You really can’t blame them because they don’t belong in the position. The problem is most of their bosses do not either,
Bad leadership is prevalent and a virus in today's corporate America! It may be bad at Disney, but it's bad everywhere else too.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Bad leadership is prevalent and a virus in today's corporate America! It may be bad at Disney, but it's bad every else too.

Not just “leadership”. It’s the work force too. Nobody wants to come into an office anymore, much less drive to a theme park to don a costume and put up with stuff (both from an internal politics perspective and an entitled customer one) for $15-20 an hour

Especially when there are hundreds of companies that will pay 30-40k and set you up with a phone or app to field customer service calls in your living room for a few hours a day.

MagicRat

I read what you said. They can’t just send a contractor, no matter how old school or good, to just fix it.
Exactly! The contractor needs direction and can’t perform what the particular business has in mind if there isn’t any, the problem is the people in the particular business isn’t qualified to make a decision. It is not a Disney problem it is across the board a society problem.

MagicRat

Bad leadership is prevalent and a virus in today's corporate America! It may be bad at Disney, but it's bad every else too.
That’s the problem completely and there is nothing wrong with being over 45 to the other poster, I am simply pointing out that most of the regime that knew how to do things are either forced out or have retired. I being under 45 get it, I wish you well and hope the younglings gain from some knowledge!

some other guy

Attachments

• Galaxian3_Cabinet.jpg
    Galaxian3_Cabinet.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 112

lazyboy97o

Exactly! The contractor needs direction and can’t perform what the particular business has in mind if there isn’t any, the problem is the people in the particular business isn’t qualified to make a decision. It is not a Disney problem it is across the board a society problem.
The proper decision, one that fixes the underlying issue while also following the show design, is one that takes times.

Splash4eva

It looks kinda tiny over the construction walls…was that what they were going for by putting it in the wrong park as an impediment to get to the next festival booth?
In all reality what park would this belong to and actually draw crowds? Granted i agree this has no business in Epcot but how many can truly be excited about this glorified queue and my guess most “average” guests who are not glued to these boards probably think this is more than a walk thru.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was on Star tours yesterday and as we were leaving the ride, there was a panel about 10 feet long missing and you could see the whole simulator through it after we rode. Talk about taking you out of the story. Jeez
Almost as bad as the gift shop at the end of the ride.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In all reality what park would this belong to and actually draw crowds? Granted i agree this has no business in Epcot but how many can truly be excited about this glorified queue and my guess most “average” guests who are not glued to these boards probably think this is more than a walk thru.
That was never gonna draw crowds

And it fits in Epcot the LEAST

MK or dak due to the scenery…I guess?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For what it's worth, around 15% of the Magic Kingdom's ride capacity was unavailable yesterday (July 9). And 12% of the Animal Kingdom's capacity, mostly at Everest and Dinosaur.
They were giving out refunds for charging for things unavailable, right?

…I bet.

Wasn’t Iger supposed to “fix things”?

Have we checked to see if he even shows up to work anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom