WDW Laying off Cast Members

WDW1974

I would 'guess' that the layoffs aren't a good thing to the people being affected.

And while there certainly is executive fat at WDW, like most companies, many people being affected are at a lower level. And those are the people who wind up affecting guest experiences.

devoy1701

I would 'guess' that the layoffs aren't a good thing to the people being affected.

And while there certainly is executive fat at WDW, like most companies, many people being affected are at a lower level. And those are the people who wind up affecting guest experiences.

people should ensure that they are indispensible...job security is everything.

and if you're not indispensible, you should budget yourself to be able to afford a couple months of not working...

but who saves money anymore...

Figment632

Im pretty sure that they started laying off Upper and middle management first. There not just laying off lower level CM's.

hokielutz

It didn't really specify from the article, but I'm assuming the layoffs were involving the upper/middle management that didn't take a buyout?

Most likely. The top brass & HR needed a couple weeks to assessthe remaining positions that needed to be cut in order to meet the goals of the restructure.

LAPVLB

I just got a message from a fellow CM... apparently we are losing two managers tomorrow, and another is leaving "because he has to." The phrasing being used is "let go" for the two managers.

So far, no front line CMs that I know or know of have been affected.

raven

I just got notice that 6,000 non-union eployees were terminated today. I got word a couple of weeks ago about middle management but I didn't realize they would go for regular CMs as well. :(

Captain Hank

Probably shouldn't say too much...but for those of you travelling to WDW in the near future, please be understanding if some of the CMs seem a little bit 'on edge." It's a very difficult time.

LAPVLB

Probably shouldn't say too much...but for those of you travelling to WDW in the near future, please be understanding if some of the CMs seem a little bit 'on edge." It's a very difficult time.

Yes, thank you for getting to this. Morale is at an all time low across the board. I've gotten some very depressing emails today. Up to half of my managers are being let go, not just two like was said earlier.

Everyone is "on edge" today.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My goodness... :dazzle:

Thank you to all the CM's who proudly provided magic that are being let go. You were very appreciated by those whom you touched on a daily basis.

Duckberg

Yes, thank you for getting to this. Morale is at an all time low across the board. I've gotten some very depressing emails today. Up to half of my managers are being let go, not just two like was said earlier.

Everyone is "on edge" today.

My understanding is that since Feb. @ WDW you could cut CM's morale with an exacto blade. NOW hearing this thing is going way beyond just CM managers??? Duckberg :(

disneydata

I just heard today that two of my managers were walked out. No word on exactly why, but I work in a frontline position. We were originally told none of our managers were going to be affected by the layoffs. Could just be a coincidence, but I'll try to find out more.

LAPVLB

These are just incredibly unfortunate circumstances. But, it's necessary if Disney wants to stay afloat in this economy. It's true morale has been fairly up and down as of the start of the year, at least in my area. Hours were slashed, people weren't able to support themselves. It's been kinda rough.

Bug715

I heard from a CM who plays characters that Disney is having a hiring freeze due to the economy. Is this true?

I had planned to save up my money to move to Orlando and audition by the end of the year? I'm in a very small town in Brunswick, hate my job, and hate my life here, and I've dreamt of working at Disney since childhood. I know it isn't as fun as being a guest, but I still think it would be wonderful to work around children all day.

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice about moving or auditioning, or truth about the rumor I heard?

I am desperate to move on with my life, and I need all the help I can get.

~D

I'd say don't move until you have the job. That became my plan for moving down. I'm going the college program again which I'd rather have an Internship or something but its a job and an apartment I don't have a lease on.

A friend just updated her Facebook status saying she's worried and sad for her friends. I'm guessing it means that lower level management is getting let go now. I hope none of my friends get put on the choping block.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom