WDW in 20 years

protiius

Original Poster
I was just watching a documentary "Modern Marvels: WDW" and it got me thinking. We all have a rough idea of where Disney is heading in the next 2-3 years, and we all have an idea of where we would like it go in the next 5-10. But where do you think WDW will be in 20 years? What would you like to see come to existence by then?

Ideas please...

plutoismyhero

Beastly Kingdom......ok im sorry on a more serious note.
Pixar Place to become highlight of DHS
MK adventureland Upgrade new rides...will be hard not much room though
AK---australia or rainforest
Epcot---??????

Andrew54

I really cant predict where Disney will go. In a time of cutbacks and a poor economy, they are still expanding their parks. I would love to see AK get more attractions and addidtions.

xtina72

Im afraid it will become so generic and like everything else that I will no longer love it.

The thing w/ Disney is that for so long it was so one of a kind and now its just not, so many things are popping up and they are all trying to outdo each other so much that it all starts to get like ....eh.

DisneyPrincess5

Hmmm good question. Hopefully in 20 years, some expansions will be introduced and completed, a new resort, and maybe some surprises. As long as it's still standing, that's all I care about!

Bairstow

Where do you think WDW will be in 20 years?
EMK.jpg

lebeau

In spite of the fact that DVC resorts will occupy 65% of property, it will still be touted as Disney's best kept secret.

People will be complaining about all the merchandise sold based on the TV show that stars Billy Ray Cyrus' granddaughter.

Captain Eo will be wrapping up it's limited engagement.

Guests will need to schedule dining reservations a year in advance.

Pleasure Island will be replaced by a bold, new shopping mall.

Spider-man will be appearing at the parks... in Universal.

The parade will feature a pre-show touting the direct-to-video release of Cinderella 13.

Disney will break ground on Phase 3 of the Fantasy Land expansion.

People will be asking what the heck American Idol is.

disfan411

Mission space will be a real ride that takes you too the moon for the day to see Disneyland Moon the new anti-gravity park that is truly out of this world.

I think in 20 years AK will have a big expansion. I like the idea someone posted of the rainforest or amazon.

I also think there will be a new park. I dont know what it would be but a 5th park will happen.

Chevross

I believe that Disney and Universal studio's may reach a partnership (not a merger) and a 5th park will be likely. Most of the rides that made Disney famous will now be a thing of the past (Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, etc.) The Hat will still stand. :lookaroun

plutoismyhero

I could see a new park but only if its a thrill park and disney right now has no need for a thrill ride park and they pry wont even in the future, so a fifth park at least to me is highly unlikely. The only way i could see one is if it is a night kingdom type deal. I do think there will be alot of upgrades to the parks and at least 2 new hotels possibly one right out front of epcot.

BenS

I think we'll see a 5th theme park, but I refuse to speculate as to what it will be. Maybe a new non-DVC resort or two, but I'm sure we'll see them expand DVC more. Hopefully they'll either finish Pop Century or clean up the unfinished side.

As for the parks themselves, I doubt most of the recent film-franchise themed rides will last twenty years. Stitch, Monsters Inc, and Nemo will probably be rethemed to the franchises of the future, or (hopefully) revert to being original material.

There's obviously an update in Mission: Space's future, since in 20 years, it will only be set 6 years in the future. There will probably be a new Soarin' film, and hopefully they'll add a new theater or two to ease up on the lines.

Speaking of Epcot, hopefully we'll see a new country (or two) in World Showcase, and Wonders of Life will likely be replaced. Universe of Energy will probably not last long in its current form. (how many kids today know who Bill Nye is? sad as that is :()

Otherwise, most Future World pavilions will probably be updated in some way.

This was mainly about Epcot because its my favorite park, but I'm sure other parks will change just as much. Just think of how WDW was in 1990 vs now.

DisneyParksFan1

Magic Kingdom
-Phase III of the FYL Expansion will be nearing completion.
-Adventureland and Tomorrowland overhauls will be announced including new E-tickets.
-Frontierland will get its next major e-ticket.
-New parade.
-New fireworks show.
-New show at the castle forecourt stage.
EPCOT
???IDK???
Disney's Hollywood Studios
-Pixar Place turns to Pixar Land.
-Updated Fantasmic!
-Updated Rock n Roller coaster themed after Michael Jackson.
-Indy show turns to Indy ride.
-Major e-tickets
-No more hat
Animal Kingdom
-I wish... Beastly Kingdomme.
-New land either Australia, or Antarctica, or rainforest, or something...
-Lion King relocated to Africa.
-Dinoland U.S.A. goes bye-bye to make way for a new land.
-New attractions lots of E-tickets.

-

gumchwin

well this year Cast pin Celebrating the 20th Birthday of Walt Disney World can be yours. It has been worn, as it was required by cast members, but it is in good condition....

nemofinder22

20 years from now the Share a Dream Come True Parade floats will be in its 20th incarnation and will still have the crystal castle float:ROFLOL: it will be known as Remember...Dreams Come True Parade.

MK will be tree less to make room so everyone has a great view of the newest version of Wishes! which is really just the same show but with 10 times more princess music and 10 times more sappy.

Halloween will start in July and Christmas will last until Easter.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

ok ok Im done not to sure what TDO can pull out so heres my one and only prediction.

-I think the Fantasyland expansion princess meet and greet will have received cuts to its budget(not the building part the operating part) and will just become standard meet and greets. Similar to what happened to Princess Fantasy Faire.

GenerationX

CMs will be robots.

Every attraction will have FastPass.

Buses will be replaced by personal hovercrafts.

The Spaceship Earth exterior will be given an Extreme Makeover and made to look like a football.

Smooshed Pennies will be the most expensive souvenir on property, as physical currency of any denomination will have been obsolete for years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom