WDW in 20 years

Walt Disney1955

Not much will change in the Magic Kingdom. Here's why I think: I first went in 1991 and last went late in 2009. Not much has changed in that park to be honest. Yes some things have been added and taken away but the core of the park is still intact. The biggest addition was Splash Mountain in 1992. Everything from Frontierland and Adventureland is still there (save the addition of Aladdin) and Fantasyland's core is similar (minus Mr toad and adding Pooh). Then of course others like Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, Astro Orbitor and Tommorowland Speedway are all still there. Stitch is new of course, but no one cares about that anyways. Other than Goofy's Barnstormer everything is similar in Toontown as well (except in 1991 it was called Mickey's Starland). Not much will change in the Magic Kingdom so long as it is the most visited park in the world (and it is).

Epcot won't see much change. DHS will be somewhat similar although maybe the Aerosmith coaster gets a name change. Animal Kingdom will get the most change, but it will be expansion because there is enough room to do that.

Other than that all I can see ever happening in the next 20 years is another park. I guess if Disney really wanted another demographic of fans they could find a way to attract the Cedar Point/Six Flags fan base by adding a ridiculous extreme theme park. Now would that be Disney-like? I don't know, but maybe if they made it out of Disney Characters it would still suffice. The only thing though, while I like that idea, it might take away some of the mystique of that certain park. The thing about Disney is that it's intentionally different than any park in the world

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom