WDW: Hollywood Studios - Monster's Inc Coaster

Deadman

Original Poster
forgive ME if this was posted before hand.....but i just read this on Screamscape...enjoy

Honestly I’m not sure what to believe anymore, because the Monster’s Inc. themed coaster project proposed for the Studios park seems to get approved and then put on hold again more times that I can count. Numerous coaster companies and different styles were apparently looked at for proposed ride but the last known coaster style to be locked in was to be a Vekoma Family Inverted style coaster… but with an entirely new restraint system similar to what was installed on the Carolina Cobra at Carowinds this year.

this is possibly the Monsters coaster everyone was looking for at WDW?

RSoxNo1

FYI

Here is a view of the new restraints for the Carolina Cobra.

This doesn't really confirm anything, just something to look at for the restraints of the coaster that hasn't actually been announced. Also, keep in mind that the Carolina Cobra is not the same type of coaster, it's just the restraints that you should be looking at.

Lee

Adventurer
It's hard to imagine a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster as the basis for an E-Ticket, but we'll see.

It could be an E if they theme it to within an inch of it's life...which is what I've heard they're planning.
I'll still be kinda surprised if they go with Vekoma. Not many custom Suspended Familys out there.

SirGoofy

It could be an E if they theme it to within an inch of it's life...which is what I've heard they're planning.
I'll still be kinda surprised if they go with Vekoma. Not many custom Suspended Familys out there.

I hope they theme it to the teeth, because I can't imagine the ride could be all that long considering the space they are putting it in.

yeti

Whatever happened to Gerstlauer Amusement Ridesto?

I hope they theme it to the teeth, because I can't imagine the ride could be all that long considering the space they are putting it in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the coaster segment of the ride the only part of the ride going into the soundstage? Unless that's the only segment of the ride...

Finally figured out how to multi-quote today. :sohappy:

DisneyDellsDude

I'm imagining closer to a TSMM-style D+
I'm still trying hard to figure out why Disney thinks TSMM is that high on the "ticket" scale. It is no where near a few points behind the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror in terms of theming or immersion.
I still consider it a C or maybe a D because of the new technology is uses. (And since when do they add plus signs???:lol:)

And on the topic of a Monsters Inc attraction - I too, think it will be a solid C or D ticket - which is what the Studios needs imo.

EPCOT Explorer

Legoland has one...I think it's a nice idea. Works well with the doors and all.

SammBamm0

I think the ride is a great idea. Monsters will allow for such great theming. theming for laugh factory is awful. it will give them a much better atmosphere for the monster lovers (like me!! :wave:) out there.
another thing I saw was that they were thinking about doing an Incredibles theme instead of Monsters. Any thoughts on this? And where can I find the differences between the classes of rides (C,D,E Ticket?) I'm completely lost with this lingo!!

:sohappy:so excited for anything new!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's hard to imagine a Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster as the basis for an E-Ticket, but we'll see.
Maybe it won`t be a Vekoma.

For the record, Glendale considers TSMM a flat D Ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom