WDW: Hollywood Studios - Monster's Inc Coaster

SirGoofy

Something with Nemo? :lookaroun

raft.jpg

Nemo can go to hell. I want an Indy ride.

krankenstein

raft.jpg

Nemo can go to hell. I want an Indy ride.

Agreed! I think a water coaster, dark ride hybrid themed to Indiana would be great. Add in some of the aspects of IJA and it would be a win, win.

For Finding Nemo that would definitely work! Have the drop be our exit from the East Australian Current. Perfect opportunity for a Crush or Squirt audio animatronic. Gotta love those dudes!

I was joking about Nemo.... :lookaroun

The only place I would be in favor of seeing that fish added is the menu at Tokyo Dining. :lol:

Scar Junior

Think outside the box...so to speak.;)

I read somewhere on the web that the current building would be largely load/queue space with the ride being in a new attached structure. Take that for what it's worth.

I loved reading these posts... even if krakenstein read it on the internet, it's a nice rumor. I haven't been keeping up too much on this attraction - partly because I've been thinking about the space issue and the potential for it to be a glorified "kiddie ride."

Here's to hoping for the best!

Scar Junior

This style would make a good platform for a Monster's Inc ride, needs to be longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJJunpY0Pcw

I agree. I like the various breaks and special effects that help tell the story. In addition to being longer, I would like to see it be more exciting. Perhaps the fact that Monster's Inc is rumored to be an inverted coaster (and you are looking down upon scenes) will help add to the fun/thrill factor.

Oh and I hope it has the same generic/cheesy rock n' roll theme song as the video...

ToTBellHop

I would think this style would work (used to be at Legoland, but closed 5 years ago):

p3003.jpg

Even has an elevator lift which could easily be themed to the mechanism in the movie that moves the doors around.

Cars could easily be rethemed to doors, but capacity would obviously be a huge issue here that would need to be addressed:
p3004.jpg

Compare to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7P2w4KkQAQ&feature=related View from 7:30 on

jt04

I would think this style would work (used to be at Legoland, but closed 5 years ago):

p3003.jpg

Even has an elevator lift which could easily be themed to the mechanism in the movie that moves the doors around.

Cars could easily be rethemed to doors, but capacity would obviously be a huge issue here that would need to be addressed:
p3004.jpg

Compare to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7P2w4KkQAQ&feature=related View from 7:30 on

Very cool design. Love the elevator lift. This is the kind of coaster design that Disney (or anybody else) could easily convert into an amazing dark ride. A slow moving non-inverting coaster and immersive dark ride combination definitely has unlimited potential. And I think it would be relatively inexpensive.

Scar Junior

/\ It would be a nice idea for this coaster. It's simple and allows for a dark-ride style of storytelling to be blended with a fun physical sensation. I get the impression that the final product will end up a more 'produced' style of rollercoaster - one that contains more infrastructure and less of a 'free' feeling.

Conjecture is fun, but we'll just have to wait and see!

AndrewRnR

The only (and big) problem with that kind of coaster is capacity. It is so freakin' low as in 200ish people per hour (in comparison most regular roller coasters do 1500-2000 a hour). Anyone been to Islands of Adventures? Just look at their similar coaster... the park can be nearly empty yet it still has a 30-45 min wait.

But I do agree if done right it could be like Peter Pan yet have a coaster element to it. Heck, take the current Peter Pan ride for example. Say you start by climbing up a small hill and out of the bedroom window and the "drop" takes you out of the bedroom window and past the clock tower, etc. Then the ride enters a dark ride portion... think the current Peter Pan ride. Then towards the end you go up another small hill and fly back to the bedroom.

Scar Junior

The only (and big) problem with that kind of coaster is capacity. It is so freakin' low as in 200ish people per hour (in comparison most regular roller coasters do 1500-2000 a hour). Anyone been to Islands of Adventures? Just look at their similar coaster... the park can be nearly empty yet it still has a 30-45 min wait.

That's a good point. Kyle stated that the capacity is a huge issue with this style... the idea works though from a storytelling and theming aspect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom