WDW from the air

SleepingBindy

As COURTMANS aerial photographer (and wife) I can honestly say that taking photos from the air never makes me feel ill, I just point and click away! I enjoy the views and get as many pics as I can.

I am very glad so many of you enjoyed them - makes it even more worthwhile!

:sohappy:

Courtman

Original Poster
Due to a beating from SleepingBindy, I've added another picture to show the photographer in my third post at the top of this thread!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
hey look what i found...
http://www.doombuggies.com/secrets_facade2.htm it's just a little pic, but it's sorta sad cuz the white building is the ride and the facade is well just decoration, yes i have known this for a while but i never saw a pic until now.
The mansion isn`t just a decorative facade; it`s the elevator building. At DLC and DLP it houses the elevator machinery, at WDW and TDL it has the celings lift up into it. Not quite the ride building, but more than just a facade.

iheartdisney91

The mansion isn`t just a decorative facade; it`s the elevator building. At DLC and DLP it houses the elevator machinery, at WDW and TDL it has the celings lift up into it. Not quite the ride building, but more than just a facade.

well i sorta figured, that it has the elevaters lol

KBQueenWDW

These are really cool pictures! For years I have been trying to see the parks from the sky while we are flying in or out of Orlando. Unfortunately, 20 years came and went without a sighting... However, this past year I finally got my wish! On the way home from another wonderful trip, I looked out the plane window to see not only Spaceship Earth and the World Showcase Lagoon, but also Illuminations! After an excited shriek, I started humming the music in my head and watched the fireworks for one last time while flying over them! It was so amazing to see, I know I'll never EVER forget it!

Gorjus

The biggest hidden Mickey is still in MGM. The hat doesn't block it that much. You do have to be in the air to see it though.

For those that don't know, Echo lake is one of Mickey's ears and his smile is right in front of the Chinese theater. The change in color of the cement and the placement of all the bushes and plants all make up his facial features.

Teenchy

Thanks so much for posting those pictures, but now I think I found one more thing to spend $$ on the next time I visit. I would love to get a tour over WDW!

CBOMB

Really great pictures, thanks so much. I was at the Magic Kingdom when you took the shot of it. I could not pick myself out in it though. Did you get use to flying on the right hand side of the sky while you were here.:D

Courtman

Original Poster
Glad you all liked these pictures, for those who are interested I've posted a link to some aerial shots of Disneyland Paris here!

Tramp

Simply awesome.

These are probably the most interesting Disney photos I've seen in years. :sohappy:

Thank YOU for sharing them with us. :sohappy:

PS: We own at Orange Lake Country Club and knew it was adjacent to the Animal Kingdom...I just didn't realize how close it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom