WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

Minnie1976

Yakitori House

DSCN5134JapanLunch3.jpg

DSCN5134JapanLunch1.jpg

DSCN5134JapanLunch2.jpg

EvilQueen-T

Do you have any clue what kind of cheese they use on the Mac and Cheese?

maybe this will both answer your question and maybe put a little smile on your face. this was posted by tigsmom one of our resident recipe hunters :sohappy:

Macaroni & Cheese
Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

Mornay Sauce
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 quart whole milk
1 1/4 cups Quattro Fromage (4-cheese mixture of asiago, provolone, fontina, and gruyere cheeses)
2 pounds elbow macaroni
Method:
1. Prepare the macaroni according to the directions on the package.

2. Make a roux with the flour and butter over low heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and work in the roux.

3. Add cheese and salt to taste. Pour over the macaroni and heat through in a moderate oven.

pamelaz

I just want to thank everyone for posting these pictures - they're super helpful and I was looking for pictures to figure out size proportions.. :)

Ariel484

Do you have any clue what kind of cheese they use on the Mac and Cheese?

maybe this will both answer your question and maybe put a little smile on your face. this was posted by tigsmom one of our resident recipe hunters :sohappy:

Macaroni & Cheese
Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ingredients:

Mornay Sauce
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 quart whole milk
1 1/4 cups Quattro Fromage (4-cheese mixture of asiago, provolone, fontina, and gruyere cheeses)
2 pounds elbow macaroni
Method:
1. Prepare the macaroni according to the directions on the package.

2. Make a roux with the flour and butter over low heat. Bring the milk to a simmer and work in the roux.

3. Add cheese and salt to taste. Pour over the macaroni and heat through in a moderate oven.

I was going to post this recipe above. I tried this twice and both times it came out poorly for me (no doubt due to a mistake on my part, not the recipe itself). Probably a good thing, since if I figured out how to make that mac and cheese I would eat it every day! :slurp::slurp::slurp: I hope you have better luck than I did!

MDenham

I was going to post this recipe above. I tried this twice and both times it came out poorly for me (no doubt due to a mistake on my part, not the recipe itself). Probably a good thing, since if I figured out how to make that mac and cheese I would eat it every day! :slurp::slurp::slurp: I hope you have better luck than I did!
I'm pretty sure the recipe is wrong; that seems awfully high on the milk for a decent Mornay sauce, just comparing it to this one. The recipe also seems a bit low on the cheese overall (one cup of cheese is only about four ounces), so I suspect the correct amounts are one pint of milk (instead of one quart), and twice as much cheese (with half a cup of it going into the sauce initially, and the rest being put in immediately prior to putting it in the oven).

So don't feel bad about it having come out badly in the past.

Ariel484

I'm pretty sure the recipe is wrong; that seems awfully high on the milk for a decent Mornay sauce, just comparing it to this one. The recipe also seems a bit low on the cheese overall (one cup of cheese is only about four ounces), so I suspect the correct amounts are one pint of milk (instead of one quart), and twice as much cheese (with half a cup of it going into the sauce initially, and the rest being put in immediately prior to putting it in the oven).

So don't feel bad about it having come out badly in the past.

That's interesting...thanks. I thought most of the recipes in the sticky came from the actual restaurants themselves. :shrug: No clue!

I don't think I'll try it again though, since, like I said before, I would eat it every day (seriously). Also, I feel like it will be better to keep that mac and cheese as something special I can only get at Disney World...one of the many things I can look forward to, ya know? :wave:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm just not a fan of yellow cheeses and it looks like there is none. Oh well. We may have to cancel that ADR anyway being that the day I "squeezed" it in for us just might be way too much running around to make that happen. I will def get Jiko in on our next trip for 100% certain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom