WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

tink65

apple crisp from the sci fi dine in theater

IMG_7074.jpg
Yummy!!! This is one of my favorite desserts at Disney!!!!:slurp:

ddbowdoin

Was it any good ?

Sparseness of lobster aside, how did it taste.

I passed on it because of the size, and well, while I don't live in New England, I pass through there quite a bit, and I have eaten my share of lobster rolls as well. Not to mention I just make them myself. :)

Your picture does look like a lot of claw meat. I like claw meat better. I know, thats strange, but thats just me.

-dave

I'm actually with you on this one... for me a lobster roll is perfect with claw meat... especially from a hard shell lobster. I avoid lobster period when he softshells are in season. Less sweet meat IMHO

Tybee

I'm actually with you on this one... for me a lobster roll is perfect with claw meat... especially from a hard shell lobster. I avoid lobster period when he softshells are in season. Less sweet meat IMHO

Softshell crabs on the other hand... *drool*

ddbowdoin

We don't eat crab here! I mean, yes... crabcakes and what not but you'd be hardpressed to walk into any Cape / Boston seafood joint and find crabs served (I'm assuming steamed like in Maryland, with a wooden hammer, right?)

Phonedave

You know, softshells are one thing I don't enjoy.

I will eat, and probaly like, most any food on the menu.

Every so often I will see a softshell special, and feel compelled to order it. Every time I end up wondering why I ordered it.

I have eaten parts of seafood that most people avoid - fish heads, swim bladder, jellyfish, etc. Softshell crabs somehow don't appeal to me.

-dave

Tybee

We don't eat crab here! I mean, yes... crabcakes and what not but you'd be hardpressed to walk into any Cape / Boston seafood joint and find crabs served (I'm assuming steamed like in Maryland, with a wooden hammer, right?)

No, softshells are actually eaten whole. Usually they are lightly breaded and fried (great on a poor boy!), but they can be done a few other ways.

You know, softshells are one thing I don't enjoy.

I will eat, and probaly like, most any food on the menu.

Every so often I will see a softshell special, and feel compelled to order it. Every time I end up wondering why I ordered it.

I have eaten parts of seafood that most people avoid - fish heads, swim bladder, jellyfish, etc. Softshell crabs somehow don't appeal to me.

-dave

I can understand that, especially since a lot of times they are cooked poorly (and many times further degraded through improper storage), leading to mushiness and other problems. But I mostly get them in places where I know they will handle them properly, including some of my favorite haunts in New Orleans.

lebeau

I'm sorry, but I don't get this at all. It's marshmallows, a graham cracker, chocoate bar, and some squirts of Hershey's syrup for Pete's sake. I'm almost afraid to ask how much they charge for it. Give me 3 minutes and as many dollars and I can whip this up for you at home. And I'll actually inject it with some creativity. Ever had peanut butter on a s'more? How about bacon? I've even done them with curry powder. The version above is just sad.

I have the same reaction to 50's s'mores. But my wife swears by them. After a day in the parks, she likes pot roast and s'mores. Doesn't matter that they are overpriced and easy to make yourself at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom