WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

LowesChevy

Chicken breast with loaded mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach from Narcoossee's

canon10117.jpg

WDWmazprty

umm, where's the lobster? bread to lobster ration is way off there, it needs to be served in a buttered hot dog roll...hahaha... well, I'm from Boston so I guess I have the best right in my backyard. Mind if I ask how much that set you back?

Agreed! They need to load that roll up! :animwink:

WDWmazprty

Barking Crab Lobster Roll... the standard to which all lobster rolls should he held to

4941626475_dc451888b5_b.jpg

Nice! We went to visit my brother who lives in Orange, about an hour from Boston; and we were going to go to the Barking Crab but everyne decided to go to Legal Seafood instead. It was great! But I think I wanna visit the Barking Crab next time.:wave:

ddbowdoin

Nice! We went to visit my brother who lives in Orange, about an hour from Boston; and we were going to go to the Barking Crab but everyne decided to go to Legal Seafood instead. It was great! But I think I wanna visit the Barking Crab next time.:wave:

Yes... Legal is a safe choice, but the Barking Crab is definitely a Boston classic. Legal takes the cake in terms of chowder, there's a reason it's been served at every presidential inaguaration for some time now.

Sorry if people get mad that I posted a non-Disney picture. I can be a pretty critical person when it comes to food. I have to give credit to Disney for offering up a variety of dining options but I usually pass on the high end meals. I guess it's all about your standards, if you don't have high quality available to you on a local and daily basis then the food at Disney is a gem. Italian options at Disney, I'll pass... I have the North End (with about 40 of some of the best Italian in AMERICA), Steak... Smith and Wollensky's, Mortons, Oak Room, Abe and Louies, Ruths Chris to name a few. High end dining should be just that, high end due to quality...

Tybee

Sorry if people get mad that I posted a non-Disney picture. I can be a pretty critical person when it comes to food. I have to give credit to Disney for offering up a variety of dining options but I usually pass on the high end meals. I guess it's all about your standards, if you don't have high quality available to you on a local and daily basis then the food at Disney is a gem. Italian options at Disney, I'll pass... I have the North End (with about 40 of some of the best Italian in AMERICA), Steak... Smith and Wollensky's, Mortons, Oak Room, Abe and Louies, Ruths Chris to name a few. High end dining should be just that, high end due to quality...

I hear you. As a foodie, I'm excited about the varied dining options at WDW, but I come to it with perspective, knowing little there is going to measure up to the dining options we have here in Atlanta or elsewhere in my travels. 90% of the pictures on here just make me say, "Wow...I could get a much more authentic version of that at ______." But as you point out, not everyone lives in a place where they are exposed to those culinary opportunities. For them, dining at Disney is even more special.

What makes Disney dining unique and exciting for me is the theming, the service, the variety, and the sense of fun. Plus, my inner dining critic is far less discriminating on vacation. ;) So I do still enjoy table service and signature dining at the World. But I don't labor under the delusion that I'm going to eat much there that is the "best I've ever had" ... except maybe for the cupcakes. WDW has the most insanely gluttonous cupcakes I've ever seen. :eek:

ddbowdoin

I hear you. As a foodie, I'm excited about the varied dining options at WDW, but I come to it with perspective, knowing little there is going to measure up to the dining options we have here in Atlanta or elsewhere in my travels. 90% of the pictures on here just make me say, "Wow...I could get a much more authentic version of that at ______." But as you point out, not everyone lives in a place where they are exposed to those culinary opportunities. For them, dining at Disney is even more special.

What makes Disney dining unique and exciting for me is the theming, the service, the variety, and the sense of fun. Plus, my inner dining critic is far less discriminating on vacation. ;) So I do still enjoy table service and signature dining at the World. But I don't labor under the delusion that I'm going to eat much there that is the "best I've ever had" ... except maybe for the cupcakes. WDW has the most insanely gluttonous cupcakes I've ever seen. :eek:

FLA was bad in general. My girlfriend and I stayed offsite this past May, and while the hotel was very nice (especially for what we needed), the surrounding restaurants may have represented the American food landscape as a whole. Sizzlers, Golden Corals, ALL fast food... I was in food hell. We were on the Charles Bronson Highway only a mile from the Disney "Highway" portion and I barely ate the entire trip. I had to go publix and just get some small snacks and fruit. I HATE chains, and that is ALL of Orlando. You would have to pay me to eat at the Olive Garden.

ms7479a

umm, where's the lobster? bread to lobster ration is way off there, it needs to be served in a buttered hot dog roll...hahaha... well, I'm from Boston so I guess I have the best right in my backyard. Mind if I ask how much that set you back?

Believe it or not, it actually cost $7.25 (which is way too expensive for the portion size in my opinion). However, because I was on the dining plan it actually counted as a snack credit, which is good because I would not have gotten it otherwise.

ABigBrassBand

What and where is this?
Well it's South American food just telling by the pastels (at least they're called that in Brazil, but they don't have Brazilian food in WDW), so I'm assuming it might be Peco Bill's...but the picture looks like it was taken in a dark place.

San Angel Inn is my guess, is that correct?

Phonedave

Believe it or not, it actually cost $7.25 (which is way too expensive for the portion size in my opinion). However, because I was on the dining plan it actually counted as a snack credit, which is good because I would not have gotten it otherwise.

Was it any good ?

Sparseness of lobster aside, how did it taste.

I passed on it because of the size, and well, while I don't live in New England, I pass through there quite a bit, and I have eaten my share of lobster rolls as well. Not to mention I just make them myself. :)

Your picture does look like a lot of claw meat. I like claw meat better. I know, thats strange, but thats just me.

-dave

EvilQueen-T

FLA was bad in general. My girlfriend and I stayed offsite this past May, and while the hotel was very nice (especially for what we needed), the surrounding restaurants may have represented the American food landscape as a whole. Sizzlers, Golden Corals, ALL fast food... I was in food hell. We were on the Charles Bronson Highway only a mile from the Disney "Highway" portion and I barely ate the entire trip. I had to go publix and just get some small snacks and fruit. I HATE chains, and that is ALL of Orlando. You would have to pay me to eat at the Olive Garden.

we avoid chain places as well. it's been to long since i lived in orlando to point you to anywhere i'd remember but grab a local (one who works where you're staying or someone in that publix even) and ask them where they go and be prepared to go across town away from disney/universal studios/sea world/i-drive tourist orlando and you'll find a lot better places to eat. otherwise fire up zagat for some better ideas...your taste buds will thank you.

ms7479a

Was it any good ?

Sparseness of lobster aside, how did it taste.

I passed on it because of the size, and well, while I don't live in New England, I pass through there quite a bit, and I have eaten my share of lobster rolls as well. Not to mention I just make them myself. :)

Your picture does look like a lot of claw meat. I like claw meat better. I know, thats strange, but thats just me.

-dave

It was very tasty, but nothing special. I grew up in New England and have had plenty of lobster rolls in the past. The one at the F&W Festival was really no better than some of the lobster rolls I have had back home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom