WDW Food Picture of the Day

DisneyPrincess5

Breakfast platter at Sunshine Seasons
me085.jpg

DisneyPrincess5

That looks good what are they?
The funnel cake? It's kind of like fried dough, if you've ever had that. It's REALLY good!
You can get one plain, with powdered sugar, chocolate or fruit.
They sell them at America in the World Showcase and in Liberty Square at MK...not sure where else if anywhere.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
The funnel cake? It's kind of like fried dough, if you've ever had that. It's REALLY good!
You can get one plain, with powdered sugar, chocolate or fruit.
They sell them at America in the World Showcase and in Liberty Square at MK...not sure where else if anywhere.

Def one of the first things im gonna try on this trip :slurp:

lebeau

I think funnel cakes (or fried dough if you're from the north east) are a bit of a regional thing. They are all over the place around here. Any carnival or amusement park serves them. Even the zoo has them. So I'm always a bit surprised when other people aren't familiar with them.

Basically, it's like a donut. They tend to be crisp on the outside and very light on the inside. It's a huge grease sponge. I can put away some donuts, but I need help with a funnel cake. They are typicaly topped with powdered sugar. Without this, they wouldn't be very sweet.

Most places also have various toppings like chocolate or fruit. Locally, they tend to use cherry topping a lot. But rarely strawberry. That's why my wife will be excited to have one with strawberry topping next trip.

TheJonesys

Right definately trying those the next time I visit.

Its funny when you say you're surprised when people haven't heard of them, in England we can't get hold of Twinkies and I love them, yet when I rave about them over here everyone looks at me like I'm barmy. If anyone knows of a web site that will send them over here - I would be very grateful:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom