WDW Fan Base Initiative

MerlinTheGoat

I'm not sure what i can do, but i'd like to be a part of it somehow. I'm no good at website design or anything. I do go to the parks at least once or twice a year, so i'd be likely to notice stuff. Put me on backup i guess. I can at least describe stuff that needs fixing. Might be able to give you some ideas on the layout as well.:ROFLOL:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I once asked the lead CM at Dinosour point blank "why don`t the lasers work anymore?"

He replied "this attraction is meant to have lasers??"

I`ll add to a list.

devoy1701

Original Poster
Well it sounds like we have a web name figured out already. And with Martin volunteering to contribute to a list of broken effects that would be a big help. I'm also hoping that Kevin Yee would be interested in helping us, along with maybe being able to hook up with wdwfanboys and Lou Mongello's podcast along with websites like WDWmagic to help get the word out once we start developing this.

Ed and Daniel, I'm going to PM you in about an hour or two with some ideas I have. P90X time right now! =)

Animaniac93-98

Perhaps a link to Kevin's article on SM could be posted to give potential readers an idea of what the site is hoping to be about? I also like the name!

MerlinTheGoat

It's cool to know we've got so many interested people. Especially some of the older members here. I'm glad that people are going to take some serious action.:animwink:

And yeah, in place of the placeholder text, you should link that article about Splash Mountain. It's the best start we have. Or something about Everest too maybe, as a preview of what the site will be dedicated to doing.

Tom

Beta Return
It's cool to know we've got so many interested people. Especially some of the older members here. I'm glad that people are going to take some serious action.:animwink:

And yeah, in place of the placeholder text, you should link that article about Splash Mountain. It's the best start we have. Or something about Everest too maybe, as a preview of what the site will be dedicated to doing.

Will do! Still trying to figure it all out. Got an email address setup, and I think I have all the domain stuff mapped properly.

devoy1701

Original Poster
Just to give an update...

URL has been secured...email addresses are being set up. And we're going to begin to start talking structure of website, blog articles, etc.

We're going to be looking for key contributors once we get that stuff ironed out!

Stay tuned! :D

PeoplemoverTTA

I'm happy to help in any way possible. I'm a professional editor and copywriter, and I'd love to write blogs, copy for the website, or review/edit copy if someone else writes it.

docandsix

I'm all in for moral support, at least. I'm not a professional writer or anything along those lines and I know next to nothing about web page design, but I do enjoy writing, am an especially detail-oriented grammar-fiend of an editor (as the son of two English professors), and can bring the perspective of a person who has made multiple trips with a large family.

wedway71

What a great idea...My biggest question is how do you guys get WDW leadership to see this on an ongoing basis? We almost need someone who works for Disney, and also a WDWMAGIC fan to plant the seed internally.

My biggest recomendations would be lots of pics... Pics don't lie and maybe have arrows and circles on the pics of where the specific issue are... It is one thing to say that there are a lot of chips in the paint, but another too show a pic so they can see with their 2 eyes.

As stated before, like with any company, if you want Disney to listen, comments, questions, concerns need to be in a polite and well written manner. The site would die a very quick death if some of the first comments were things like"Disney sucks".

I wish you guys and gals all the luck!

Rowdy

As stated before, like with any company, if you want Disney to listen, comments, questions, concerns need to be in a polite and well written manner. The site would die a very quick death if some of the first comments were things like"Disney sucks".

Absolutely!

I think the one thing being stressed the most is that this is a "Disney aid" and definitely not an attack on Disney by any means.

Tom

Beta Return

Absolutely! Without a doubt!

Companies open their eyes and ears to polite, constructive, well-written feedback way before they listen to general .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom