WDW Fan Base Initiative

njDizFan

I agree on many of your points and thank you for the civil discussion.

I wish we did have all the data so that opinion would not be necessary, but unfortunately no matter who we talk to and what books we read there is still going to be some level of "editorializing". The F&W analogy is great because there is evidence that Disney may not simply be out for short term profit since there was an underlying cause.

I think the points in the current article cannot be so easily refutable. If you read Cockerell's book and make a timeline of his work at the TWDC and elsewhere you can see what he was trying to accomplish. He succeeded and it's hard to argue it has helped the overall Disney experience but certainly it helped the bottom line.

devoy1701

Original Poster
I see it as connecting the dots on a few things, and vitally necessary to reach out to some of the more casual fans. Many people think that the problems are only concerning maintenance, and the main point of our site is to point this out in the Issue Tracker.

The Articles section (which might possibly need to be renamed) allows us to point out issues that are not as obvious or cannot be placed in the Issue Tracker. One thing that is missing in the Articles section though is that as the Contributor base grows and we get more photo updates on the issue tracker, we will then be able to do more "Zip a Dee Do BLAH" type articles where we simply showcase an attraction, let the pictures do the talking and put some filler words around them for context. Eventually we would like the Articles section to focus more on the photo updates and less on the "declining elements" editorials, that will atleast give our "columnists" a breather on coming up with new stories!

Does that make sense? :wave:

devoy1701

Original Poster
Just wanted to pop in and give a shout out to jmick71 for completing our Logo. This is already up on our facebook page and will be adding it to our website as soon as possible! :sohappy:

5985109928_12e6a4ca1f_b.jpg

TheBeatles

for starters...

write letters and go to guest relations.

going to a local orlando media outlet could be tough because i'm not sure they'd be willing to bite the hand that feeds them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom