WDW decides to lose money

Stellajack

What do you mean you're not going!?

. . .We couldn't use their ridiculous new web booking tool because, when it was implemented, we were under the 120 day mandatory minimum advance booking requirement. So, like a lot of people, we've been waiting for the AP rates to become available through their regular booking phone line.

I talked to them this morning and...gee, big surprise...they still have no AP rates for October,...

pumba100. When my DH and I got our AP's at our trip in June, we were not aware of the BRP until after we had booked our upcoming Sept. trip. I sent an email on the Disney/Passholder site the other pm. to inquire as to whether they would still offer us the BEST RATE since we missed out at booking. They emailed me back, told me to call CRO to discuss. The short of it is CRO said it "can't be done", but they also told me that the BEST RATE would be "maybe" 5% lower than our AP rates. This means that our two Moderate rooms cost $60 ($30/ea)more for the 6 night stay than if I had booked BEST RATE on line. We are really NOT going to stress over this. You can always book your rooms and cancel for a full refund if you do not like the OCT AP rates. Your Annual Pass benefits are still the best thing going and the cancellation policy hasn't changed with it. Don't bypass the resort you want waiting for rates. They are always negotiable later. :wave:

s25843

Do what I do, :lol: Im skipping my normal bi-montly winter WDW trip in Octover, and using my other AP at DL (Where they DO Greet you by name, I must say).

Also, people complain about the high cost of WDW APs, but just using this as an example, I saved $90 off my 14th floor Concierge room at the Contemp with an AP discount. If you go 3 times, and stay at a Deluxe hotel, the pass really begins to come down in price.

SGT623

I think a lot have missed a point here. It's a little frustrating. I also have an October trip planed and wanted to use the new rate program. At the time I tried it was under 120 days so I was told I was not eligible. Of course now it has been lowered to 60 days. That would have been great when I originally called but now it does nothing for me since it's past 60 days until my trip. I know, I know..Bad luck, Sucks to be me, Oh well, yadda yadda yadda. I think I'm in that weird time frame of the original poster, after the current discount rates end in early October but not good enough for the guanteed rate program. Since everyone else has voiced an opinion, guess I'll do mine as well. A lot of AP holders are cash cows. I go very often for 7-10 day trips and spend plenty. One of the main reasons I can is because of the AP discounts (and Southwest). That extra $30 or so a night that Disney is "losing" always cost me a couple thousand a trip in the end. They get me anyway, but not as bad. At full room rate price, it would be one trip a year for sure....I know that is still a privilege, but from a business standpoint, it makes no sense. I believe that you take care of your most frequent guest whenever possible as long it is won't interfere with another guest. I doubt an AP discount this October in question will hurt any regular park goers experience.

I'm still holding out hope for new discounts for Oct.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
s25843 said:
Also, people complain about the high cost of WDW APs, but just using this as an example, I saved $90 off my 14th floor Concierge room at the Contemp with an AP discount. If you go 3 times, and stay at a Deluxe hotel, the pass really begins to come down in price.

good for you. we're in and out in a day. match the discounts in the actual parks. then start adding them up. I guess it's a local's point of view. there's a reason WDW doesn't offer in-park refillable mugs like the rest of the parks. money.

s25843

Ralph Wiggum said:
good for you. we're in and out in a day. match the discounts in the actual parks. then start adding them up. I guess it's a local's point of view. there's a reason WDW doesn't offer in-park refillable mugs like the rest of the parks. money.

Oh, I understand. Most of my trips are a single night since 98% of the time I fly from Fort Lauderdale. However, I am not an "Official" Florida Resident, so I still have to pay my $500 renewal rate for my PAP, yet I still seem to save money.

I guess it's just how you look at it.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
SGT623 said:
I They get me anyway, but not as bad.

that's the point. we'll still line up. the "Play4 for $99.00" became buy 2 days get 3 for $119.00 in less than a year here. and you can't park hop now. hmmm...

just remember, it was all started by money

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
s25843 said:
Oh, I understand. Most of my trips are a single night since 98% of the time I fly from Fort Lauderdale. However, I am not an "Official" Florida Resident, so I still have to pay my $500 renewal rate for my PAP, yet I still seem to save money.

I guess it's just how you look at it.

once again, good for you. :rolleyes:

hls1023

hakunamatata said:
Yes Disneys AP is more than Universal....HELLOOOOOOO....they have more parks......... :brick:[/QU

Even more reason why Disney AP should be given more than a few bucks off of their park entry. :hammer:

hls1023

Ralph Wiggum said:
our Universal/IOA AP's: $179.00 per year, NEXT YEAR IS FREE. parking is FREE. Merchandise discounts 20%. F&B discounts (including Citywalk) 10-20%. preferred seatings at numerous events. great rates at resorts. Great parks.

Busch Gardens/SeaWorld/Adventure Island AP's: about $45.00 monthly for our entire family. FREE PREFERRED parking. 10% discounts on everything. .99 drink refillable mugs. discounts on food for animals. Great parks.

WDW SP's $219.00 per year. AP rates at resorts. Great parks. that's it. still $8.00 to park.

Huh. being a resident and getting a continual cash flow from us entitles us to nothing. When you go to Universal/IOA they look at your AP and thank you by name for coming. Passholders at the other parks are treated much better than by WDW.

Why can't Disney do this? Or SOMETHING like it?

jaredliu

Disney should raise their already expensive ticket price up to 300 dollars and there will still be lots of people paying for it. I see lots of DIE HARD FANS would be willing to do anything to support this enterprice.

scorp111

hls1023 said:
Why can't Disney do this? Or SOMETHING like it?

Not a Question of "can't", it is a sound business decision that it isn't necessary.

Despite WDW being the most expensive, the most insensitive...etc

They are still the highest attended theme parks in the world....
by miles and miles and miles...

People will come. Some will come back, again and again. For those who don't return.... more people will come....

Has worked for 50 years in Cali, and 34 in Orlando....

hls1023

Ralph Wiggum said:
that's the point. we'll still line up. the "Play4 for $99.00" became buy 2 days get 3 for $119.00 in less than a year here. and you can't park hop now. hmmm...

just remember, it was all started by money

You know I asked a Disney employee when I was booking a room why Disney changed that particular ticket plan and do you know what she told me? She told me that Disney is very sensitive to their guests needs and because so many people requested it they just HAD to change it. WHAT??!!! How in the heck is that better than what it was before???? She didn't have an answer for me needless to say..:brick:

hls1023

scorp111 said:
Not a Question of "can't", it is a sound business decision that it isn't necessary.

Despite WDW being the most expensive, the most insensitive...etc

They are still the highest attended theme parks in the world....
by miles and miles and miles...

People will come. Some will come back, again and again. For those who don't return.... more people will come....

Has worked for 50 years in Cali, and 34 in Orlando....

You are so right. Like I said in an earlier post I think that it aggravates people more than anything to know that even if you can't afford the high prices there is someone right behind you with a wallet stuffed full of cash that can afford to stay in one of the Deluxe hotels for 3 weeks or whatever.

wannab@dis

hls1023 said:
You are so right. Like I said in an earlier post I think that it aggravates people more than anything to know that even if you can't afford the high prices there is someone right behind you with a wallet stuffed full of cash that can afford to stay in one of the Deluxe hotels for 3 weeks or whatever.

This thread is over for me...

If I can't make it to Disney this year because of money, I'll be sure to blame you, hls1023. It's your fault since you will go and take my place. What a load of crap!

All of you complaining about this can do what the OP is doing... DON'T GO. That'll make a statement. :rolleyes:

If you think you are being wronged by having no resort discounts, or someone not calling you by name, or you don't get a free year everytime you buy an AP, then QUIT GOING.

You know why other parks are cheaper or offering all these perks that you want so bad? To fill up their parks and try to make money. It most certainly is not because they love you more. Disney does not need to give away a free year to get people to buy their AP. If that upsets you, DON'T GO.

This entitlement philosophy that is so prevelent is sickening.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
This thread is over for me...

see ya. :)

we'll be at Seaworld tomorrow and the beach later today. the Gulf beaches don't charge admission, and the resort rates are great. entitlement? damn right. I EXPECT things as an AP holder and as a resident. Mickey should meet me at the gates in my own turnstile and guide me through the parks knocking other people out of my way. and when I enter an attraction, they should release a dozen white doves and announce my name.

is that over the top? then just give me free parking, like the other parks do. how hard would that be?

weluvtink

A CM from my store paid in full, last January, for a trip for herself and her husband. This was when they gave TDS CM a deadline to book and get the CM discount. She got a letter from them a few weeks ago stating they had been bumped from the AK Lodge to Pop Century. When she called they told her it was basically because they had people who would pay full price for the room. Then they tried to tell her that since her reservation was changed she couldn't get the CM disccount anymore. Everything was worked out, although they are now staying at PO-French Quarter.
In this case I think she was entitled to get what she already paid for. I understand business but sometimes it just makes me sick.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
weluvtink said:
A CM from my store paid in full, last January, for a trip for herself and her husband. This was when they gave TDS CM a deadline to book and get the CM discount. She got a letter from them a few weeks ago stating they had been bumped from the AK Lodge to Pop Century. When she called they told her it was basically because they had people who would pay full price for the room. Then they tried to tell her that since her reservation was changed she couldn't get the CM disccount anymore. Everything was worked out, although they are now staying at PO-French Quarter.
In this case I think she was entitled to get what she already paid for. I understand business but sometimes it just makes me sick.

I would think that there are all kinds of "qualifications" for CM room rates. Its a benefite but not a guarantee that you would get a discount rate at any given resort.

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
see ya. :)

we'll be at Seaworld tomorrow and the beach later today. the Gulf beaches don't charge admission, and the resort rates are great. entitlement? damn right. I EXPECT things as an AP holder and as a resident. Mickey should meet me at the gates in my own turnstile and guide me through the parks knocking other people out of my way. and when I enter an attraction, they should release a dozen white doves and announce my name.

is that over the top? then just give me free parking, like the other parks do. how hard would that be?
They do give you free parking.

The only thing you should expect as a Florida resident (which I am) is to be able to quickly drive to disney, and the only thing you should expect as an AP holder (which I am also) is a years admission into the parks. Anything is more is being selfish.

peter11435

Also as far as Disney not offering as many in-park AP discounts as other parks. They don't because they don't have to. If the other parks thought for one second that they would sell the same amount of AP's without those perks they would be gone before you can blink an eye. The other parks are not trying to be nicer to their AP holders they are simply trying to entice people to buy AP's so they can make more money. People buy Disney AP's without those perks so they have no reason to offer them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom