WDW decides to lose money

hls1023

wannab@dis said:
You know why other parks are cheaper or offering all these perks that you want so bad? To fill up their parks and try to make money..
And do they do their job well. I spend more money at Universal than any theme park.
wannab@dis said:
It most certainly is not because they love you more. Disney does not need to give away a free year to get people to buy their AP...
Nope, all they need to do is..hmmmmm..NOTHING?? Disney knows people will blow their life savings just for one trip to the parks.
wannab@dis said:
If that upsets you, DON'T GO....

I don't think I mentioned ANYWHERE on this post that I didn't enjoy going to WDW. Maybe you should clean the crap out of your eyes and read what I wrote before you make coments. WDW has eveyone by the you-know-whats and we have no choice. If we want to visit we have to spend the money. I just wish that they had better discounts for those who spend the extra money to get the AP because they enjoy going more than once a year .

s25843

Ralph Wiggum said:
see ya. :)

we'll be at Seaworld tomorrow and the beach later today. the Gulf beaches don't charge admission, and the resort rates are great. entitlement? damn right. I EXPECT things as an AP holder and as a resident. Mickey should meet me at the gates in my own turnstile and guide me through the parks knocking other people out of my way. and when I enter an attraction, they should release a dozen white doves and announce my name.

is that over the top? then just give me free parking, like the other parks do. how hard would that be?

Did someone force you to buy a Seasonal pass? No. You choose to buy it, knowing fully what benefits came and didn't come with it.

If you aren't happy with it, then don't renew it. None of us, nor Disney is forcing you to do so.

Also, buy an AP., maybe if you spent some more, you will get some more.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
peter11435 said:
Also as far as Disney not offering as many in-park AP discounts as other parks. They don't because they don't have to. If the other parks thought for one second that they would sell the same amount of AP's without those perks they would be gone before you can blink an eye. The other parks are not trying to be nicer to their AP holders they are simply trying to entice people to buy AP's so they can make more money. People buy Disney AP's without those perks so they have no reason to offer them.

Also remember that other parks in that area have to offer more to pull people away from Disney.

hls1023

peter11435 said:
They do give you free parking.

The only thing you should expect as a Florida resident (which I am) is to be able to quickly drive to disney, and the only thing you should expect as an AP holder (which I am also) is a years admission into the parks. Anything is more is being selfish.

Give me a break.....Do you use that as a rule of thumb?? Anything more is being selfish? I think you should repeat that over and over to yourself when you feel that your being cheated by someone or something OTHER than Disney.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
s25843 said:
Did someone force you to buy a Seasonal pass? No. You choose to buy it, knowing fully what benefits came and didn't come with it.

If you aren't happy with it, then don't renew it. None of us, nor Disney is forcing you to do so.

Also, buy an AP., maybe if you spent some more, you will get some more.

no, I won't. because all I get with with an AP over a SP is free parking, you idiot. :) $660.00 plus plus is what the mouse gets.

I want free parking, like my other AP's.

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
no, I won't. because all I get with with an AP over a SP is free parking, you idiot. :) $660.00 plus plus is what the mouse gets.

Actually AP holders get resort discounts that are not available to SP. But in any case name calling is not allowed on these boards, and your post was very rude. :wave:

peter11435

hls1023 said:
Give me a break.....Do you use that as a rule of thumb?? Anything more is being selfish? I think you should repeat that over and over to yourself when you feel that your being cheated by someone or something OTHER than Disney.
Really. So you honestly think that being a Florida resident entitles you to more than someone who lives in Texas. If you do then "Give me a break." That is ridiculous. And as an AP holder you paid for one year’s admission into the parks, anything more they give you is a bonus and should not be expected.

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
actually ,..you're wrong. SP's dial into the same rates. trust me on this one.
If that’s the case that is great for them, but it is irrelevant. So what if the only extra benefit for AP holders is free parking. They paid for an entire years admission, nothing more. That is why everything else is called a benefit.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
just by judging how the other theme parks offer FLA resident discounts. WDW should at least match. and they do on resorts, sometimes. I've checked in and when I show my ID I've had them drop my rate immediately. and I never showed our passes. which makes me believe there is something seriously wrong with the AP system.

s25843

Ralph Wiggum said:

I want free parking, like my other AP's.

Actually, here are the benefits I get with my PAP that you don't with your seasonal.

Free admission to PI, TL, BB, DQ, and Free parking.

Along with 2 weeks in march, half the summer, and 2 weeks in December.

Also, its $550 for a new PAP, $495 renewal

hls1023

peter11435 said:
Really. So you honestly think that being a Florida resident entitles you to more than someone who lives in Texas. If you do then "Give me a break." That is ridiculous. And as an AP holder you paid for one year’s admission into the parks, anything more they give you is a bonus and should not be expected.

Who said anything about whether or not being a FL resident entitles me to anything????? I'm talking about being an annual pass holder. We've already establish that Disney doesn't give you any more than they have to because THEY DON'T HAVE TO!!!!! Does anyone read the posts before they reply??

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
not to mention locals pump in cash flow during the weekends and slow times. how many rooms would unfilled without us? how many 2.50 water bottles and 5.00 hot dogs unsold?

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
just by judging how the other theme parks offer FLA resident discounts. WDW should at least match. and they do on resorts, sometimes. I've checked in and when I show my ID I've had them drop my rate immediately. and I never showed our passes. which makes me believe there is something seriously wrong with the AP system.
The other parks only offer those discounts to florida residents so that they can compete. If they could make the same money without the discounts they would not offer them. You can't expect Disney (or any other company for that matter) to offer a discount when they are already busy.

If they had 1000 rooms and could only fill 700 at $150 a night then they are going to offer a discount. However it sould be stupid for them to offer a discount if they could fill all 1000 at the $150 rate.

s25843

Ralph Wiggum said:
not to mention locals pump in cash flow during the weekends and slow times. how many rooms would unfilled without us? how many 2.50 water bottles and 5.00 hot dogs unsold?

I have a feeling my $500 room can bring in much more profit than a few $2.50 water bottles from a single day FL resident can bring in.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
s25843 said:
Actually, here are the benefits I get with my PAP that you don't with your seasonal.

Free admission to PI, TL, BB, DQ, and Free parking.

Along with 2 weeks in march, half the summer, and 2 weeks in December.

Also, its $550 for a new PAP, $495 renewal

$660.00 is for my family of 3. we don't go in spring break, the height of summer, and Xmas. way too many tourists. I'll drop the hundred bucks for the water parks in the off-season. PI and DQ are tourist traps. it evens out, trust me.

ZapperZ

Ralph Wiggum said:

I don't know about anybody else, but the reason why I bought my annual pass was because it was CHEAPER than buying 2 Five-Day parkhopper within a 12-month period. The other stuff are just bonuses.

And unless I miss something, WDW is the big boy in the neighborhood as far as attracting visitors to the Orlando area, am I right? If so, then it is understandable that the OTHER theme parks have to play catch-up with the 20 million pound gorrila by offering more incentives. One sees this in any kind of business competition. So this isn't something unique.

Would I love more incentives and discounts for Annual Passholders? Damn right I would. Who in their right mind wouldn't? But that wasn't the reason why I bought it in the first place.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom