WDW decides to lose money

hls1023

s25843 said:
Actually, here are the benefits I get with my PAP that you don't with your seasonal.

Free admission to PI, TL, BB, DQ, and Free parking.

Along with 2 weeks in march, half the summer, and 2 weeks in December.

Also, its $550 for a new PAP, $495 renewal

Good for you! You know why lots of FL residents don't get AP??? Because the 2 weeks in March is spring break for the whole freakin' country so who wants to go then anyway, half the summer NO ONE is in school...hmmm.lemme see...nope....wouldn't want to go then either, and December???? Are you kidding?? I couldn't stay farther away from ANY theme park around Christmas. I'm sure they can survive minus the 6 weeks out of the year that SP can't go.

peter11435

hls1023 said:
Who said anything about whether or not being a FL resident entitles me to anything????? I'm talking about being an annual pass holder. We've already establish that Disney doesn't give you any more than they have to because THEY DON'T HAVE TO!!!!! Does anyone read the posts before they reply??
Do you read things before you post? My comment was directed at Ralph Wiggums quote
I EXPECT things as an AP holder and as a resident.

And to be honest I agree. Disney does not offer AP holders "any more than they have to because THEY DON'T HAVE TO." You are 100% correct. But I ask why should they. Why should anyone be expected to offer discounts when they are not needed? That would be poor business. Again I say you did not pay for discounts or benefits. You paid for an annual pass anything else is extra and should not be expected.

hls1023

s25843 said:
I have a feeling my $500 room can bring in much more profit than a few $2.50 water bottles from a single day FL resident can bring in.

And that is EXACTLY the reason why Disney doesn't have to give you ANYTHING. s25843 and a million others are right behind you with $500 to spend on a room and even more to spend in the parks. FL residents don't need the mouse ears and the stupid little crap things they sell you right before the parade that never seem to work once you get them home. We just go, have an good time, and then we go home (or back to our value resort)

s25843

Ralph Wiggum said:
if you pay 500.00 a night for a WDW room, you're a true idiot.

So what, I can afford it? I pay for the service, and I get more service than most Ritz Carltons I have stayed in, at rates far higher than $500.

hls1023

s25843 said:
So what, I can afford it? I pay for the service, and I get more service than most Ritz Carltons I have stayed in, at rates far higher than $500.

I hope that's not true because if it is someone draped a sign over the Howard Johnsons and told you it was a Ritz Carlton. I have NEVER gotten Ritz Carlton service or Sheraton service or Best Western service for that matter at a Disney hotel. I DON'T EVEN GET A HAIR DRYER IN MY DISNEY HOTEL!

s25843

hls1023 said:
And that is EXACTLY the reason why Disney doesn't have to give you ANYTHING. s25843 and a million others are right behind you with $500 to spend on a room and even more to spend in the parks. FL residents don't need the mouse ears and the stupid little crap things they sell you right before the parade that never seem to work once you get them home. We just go, have an good time, and then we go home (or back to our value resort)

Actually, I should correct myself, it was $425 with my AP discount, $485 with tax, & for the record, I definately do not buy any of the high priced crap in the parks.

EDIT: In response to the above post, when I stay on a private floor in Disney with 20 rooms, vs. a 400 room ritz, the service is definately greater.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Please refrain from the name calling. This is a forum to talk about WDW, not to tell people their opinions are worng and that they are idiots. Thanks.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
due to my zip code and SP, I'm more likely to visit the parks. where the true markup is. if you think WDW is making any money on resort rooms, you're wrong. that's the catch. that's the reason for Magical Express and WDW transportation. to get you, and keep you, in the parks. I bought a golf shirt last week at the outlet stores marked down from 65.00 to 21.00. the AP/Sp is secured, up-front admission to a world of mark-up, the true cash cow. that's why the other parks recognize and offer the discounts. the resort rates get butts in the seats. so yes, I demand discounts.

peter11435

hls1023 said:
I hope that's not true because if it is someone draped a sign over the Howard Johnsons and told you it was a Ritz Carlton. I have NEVER gotten Ritz Carlton service or Sheraton service or Best Western service for that matter at a Disney hotel. I DON'T EVEN GET A HAIR DRYER IN MY DISNEY HOTEL!
All WDW delux and moderate resorts have a hair dryer in the resort. And all value resorts have one available upon request. And if you seriously feel that you have had better service in a Best Western then maybe someone draped a sign over the days inn and told you it was a Disney Resort.

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
due to my zip code and SP, I'm more likely to visit the parks. where the true markup is. if you think WDW is making any money on resort rooms, you're wrong. that's the catch. that's the reason for Magical Express and WDW transportation. to get you, and keep you, in the parks. I bought a golf shirt last week at the outlet stores marked down from 65.00 to 21.00. the AP/Sp is secured, up-front admission to a world of mark-up, the true cash cow. that's why the other parks recognize and offer the discounts. the resort rates get butts in the seats. so yes, I demand discounts.
Actually the WDW resorts are very profitable thats where you are wrong. Pop has almost 3000 rooms. Even if only 2000 are filled at an average rate of only $79 that is a revenue of about $60 million a year from one hotel. While there operating costs are high they are still making a nice profit at the end of the year.

hls1023

peter11435 said:
All WDW delux and moderate resorts have a hair dryer in the resort. And all value resorts have one available upon request. And if you seriously feel that you have had better service in a Best Western then maybe someone draped a sign over the days inn and told you it was a Disney Resort.

My my....you're so witty:rolleyes:

peter11435

hls1023 said:
Lol....Yep, you got that right :)

Have fun together. :wave:

But you would find you would enjoy life much more if you would simply relax and not constantly feel like you are being ripped off, cheated, or denied what you are "entitled" to.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Actually the WDW resorts are very profitable thats where you are wrong. Pop has almost 3000 rooms. Even if only 2000 are filled at an average rate of only $79 that is a revenue of about $60 million a year from one hotel. While there operating costs are high they are still making a nice profit at the end of the year.

no, you are incorrect pete. spend some time in the hospitality world. the value resorts try to make up the money lost on the GF alone. butts in seats every day. every aspect, tour groups. they'll rent you everything down to the the outlet you plug your computer in.

the rooms are a bonus. park admission, golf rates, everything is lower than you can believe.

pay it forward to those inside an hour away

peter11435

Ralph Wiggum said:
no, you are incorrect pete. spend some time in the hospitality world. the value resorts try to make up the money lost on the GF alone. butts in seats every day. every aspect, tour groups. they'll rent you everything down to the the outlet you plug your computer in.

the rooms are a bonus. park admission, golf rates, everything is lower than you can believe.

pay it forward to those inside an hour away
Believe what you want. However I assure you the GF would NEVER have been built if it were going to loose money. Think about it Ralph. With over 900 rooms and rates between 200 and 500 dollars a night. They are making money.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
could I afford $500.00 a night for hotel room? honestly, no way. but I'm the kind of person that doesn't demand "service". it's a room you sleep in, buffered by trips to theme parks. but I think it's strange that a person who stays in those rooms doesn't buy 'crap' from the parks.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think at this point, Im just gonna break out a phrase I made popular in the EMH thread.....

Disney owns the parks (and resorts) they can do what they want.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom