WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

jt04

I did the backstage safari tour on 12/10. The crane was in the parking lot behind the Rainforest Cafe, and not in use.

My understanding was that they would lift Mysterious Island completely from Disney Sea putting Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20K Leagues under the Sea into that area. Festival of the Lion King would probably be moved to either Rafiki's Planet Watch or Africa (or returned to parade form as was speculated as well).

I can't imagine how great this would be. A return of 20K to WDW would be great and welcome.

Plus it seems this may be a step to keeping at least part of AK opened late on some nights. Very encouraging rumor.

Einselen

Would they really make FotLK a parade? I would think Disney would just move it (if needed) as it is a good length show and eats up some crowds (though WDAK doesn't really need attractions to do that as the park itself naturally does it)

jt04

The mythical and make believe. Plus... it dosn`t have to be a lava monster, right? ;)

Just wondering if you know, if a 20K got cloned somewhere in the "world", do they have plans to super-size the ride vehicles? I hear even the folks in Japan find it a bit confined. Not that it personally would effect me per se, just asking. :lol:

jt04

Would they really make FotLK a parade? I would think Disney would just move it (if needed) as it is a good length show and eats up some crowds (though WDAK doesn't really need attractions to do that as the park itself naturally does it)

I think they might. As you know it originally was a parade. What really makes it possible though is the rumored cancellation of the Rivers of Light parade. So I think FotLK could become a short "end of the day" parade or possibly added to the existing day parade. Pure speculation on my part however.

Disneyson 1

I'm sorry, but I just can't see myself going into the center of the earth to find... a dragon? It's kind random. And BTW, wouldn't it be weird to have THREE Test Track-style rides in the resort? (TT, JTTCOTE, & the Cars ride rumored to replace the Backlot Tour) Something's gotta give, and I'm speculating that Cars is gonna go, just so that people have a reason to go to DCA. Still hoping for a family dark ride in DAK, wether it be fake or not fake subs, Journey(could be considered family), or something else (Fantasia ride proposed for BK, anyone?).

jedimaster1227

Because it will use mythical animals in the theming as the original plans called for. You know, like dragons and such :lookaroun

More like a giant octopus and a potential other mythical creature... :animwink:

Just wondering if you know, if a 20K got cloned somewhere in the "world", do they have plans to super-size the ride vehicles? I hear even the folks in Japan find it a bit confined. Not that it personally would effect me per se, just asking. :lol:

Nope. If it comes here, it will be a copy-and-paste model--cars and all. But I can tell you that the system they have is not only spacious, but incredibly immersive.

jt04

Nope. If it comes here, it will be a copy-and-paste model--cars and all. But I can tell you that the system they have is not only spacious, but incredibly immersive.

Yes, I have read some detailed accounts on-line with concept art and photos. It looks awesome and I think it could fit perfectly into AK. However I also read the cars seem small to some peolpe but maybe that is just as compared to the original subs of 20K.

So are we talking about a land that is something more akin to what TDS has or the Original Discovery Bay concept?

jedimaster1227

Yes, I have read some detailed accounts on-line with concept art and photos. It looks awesome and I think it could fit perfectly into AK. However I also read the cars seem small to some peolpe but maybe that is just as compared to the original subs of 20K.

So are we talking about a land that is something more akin to what TDS has or the Original Discovery Bay concept?

If it happens, it will be similar to what TDS has, though it won't be nearly as large in appearance.

Enigma

Account Suspended
If it happens, it will be similar to what TDS has, though it won't be nearly as large in appearance.

What are the chances it will happen? When do you think we will know if its a go or not?

Will a new attraction begin construction within the next 3 months at any of the WDW Parks???

WDW Monorail

May I as why a 20k type ride would return to WDW if it was removed because it didn't work?
By work I mean it was incredibly expensive to maintain, not the most guest friendly attraction. I loved 20K when it was around but I'm not sure if I want it back again, even the TDS version.

EPCOT Explorer

What are the chances it will happen? When do you think we will know if its a go or not?

Will a new attraction begin construction within the next 3 months at any of the WDW Parks???

You are asking questions!:sohappy::sohappy:

And yeah, I want them answered too.:lookaroun:lookaroun:lol:

Enigma

Account Suspended
May I as why a 20k type ride would return to WDW if it was removed because it didn't work?
By work I mean it was incredibly expensive to maintain, not the most guest friendly attraction. I loved 20K when it was around but I'm not sure if I want it back again, even the TDS version.

The Tokyo version actually doesnt go underwater. Its actually an inclosed peter pan style ride. I wish they would bring back the real submarines I miss the Sea Serpent.

jt04

The Tokyo version actually doesnt go underwater. Its actually an inclosed peter pan style ride. I wish they would bring back the real submarines I miss the Sea Serpent.

Just to add a bit for those who don't know (beware spoiler), the vehicles (submarines) are suspended from an overhead track and through special effects you look out into a very real underwater world. I believe the SFX concept was invented by James Cameron for the movie "The Abyss".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Think double glazed windows - 2 sheets of glass - but with water between the glass instead of air. You can`t see it until air bubbles ripple or rush through it or it is disturbed to make waves, thus distorting the view. A very clever way of making it look like you are underwater but keeping the show scenes dry. Lighting and other effects outside the ride vehicle add to the illusion. We`re not talking small windows either:

photo_6b.jpg

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Just to add a bit for those who don't know (beware spoiler), the vehicles (submarines) are suspended from an overhead track and through special effects you look out into a very real underwater world. I believe the SFX concept was invented by James Cameron for the movie "The Abyss".

Think double glazed windows - 2 sheets of glass - but with water between the glass instead of air. You can`t see it until air bubbles ripple or rush through it or it is disturbed to make waves, thus distorting the view. A very clever way of making it look like you are underwater but keeping the show scenes dry. Lighting and other effects outside the ride vehicle add to the illusion. We`re not talking small windows either:

photo_6b.jpg
:eek:

Whoa! How cooooool! That would be phenomenal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom