WDW Confirms a HUGE Rumor Proof right here...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is getting hillarious..... :lol:

s2jrston - there are several maps on these boards showing expansion of DAK. Search is your friend.

JWG

I'm really just trying to push this thread to 16 pages.

Seriously, I think enough people have seen and forwarded this response back to Disney for follow-up that sooner or later we'll get some verification. The response is clearly not a Disney standard response, on that we all agree.

So, either:
1) The OP is VERY dedicated to his joke (to a fault) - I call that commitment to the bit.
2) Someone outside of Disney is having fun with all of us (including Disney)
3) Someone at Disney is having fun with all of us or gave their notice and just doesn't care
4) Someone at Disney is new and not following established protocol

I look forward to continued sleuth work to figure it out.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
You know what needs to happen now, right?

All of us need to send the exact same email as the OP to WDW and see what kind of responses we get!

:lookaroun

:lol:

Pongo

I hope the next person who gets a revealing email from Disney learns a few things from this thread. Like that they should just post the screenshot first thing. And they should empty their spam first.

Enigma

Account Suspended
so is the consensus that whoever wrote that email was full of it and that by coincidence Animal Kingdom is getting a new land? Or did the writer know that DAK was getting expansion and was just answering the question as honestly as possible?

The world may never know :lookaroun

TP2000

This is getting hillarious..... :lol:

s2jrston - there are several maps on these boards showing expansion of DAK. Search is your friend.

Just a friendly correction. It's no longer DAK. The park has been rebranded as Walt Disney's Animal Kingdom. The new name was very clearly used in the email in question.

The proper acronym to use now is WDAK. I'm saving my old t-shirt and guidemaps from my last visit, because they are now collectors items of the park before the name change. :cool:

Pongo

so is the consensus that whoever wrote that email was full of it and that by coincidence Animal Kingdom is getting a new land? Or did the writer know that DAK was getting expansion and was just answering the question as honestly as possible?

The world may never know :lookaroun

I think everyone believes something different :lookaroun :lol:

I personally believe that whoever responded to the email put out information they weren't supposed to, probably because they didn't realize it would be spread around WDWMagic.com.

The Empress Lilly

Oh, I love the internets! Great thread! :D

Some will post mails that are fake, some don't. Some receive information from WDW employees who know what they're talking about, others won't.

However everything may be, and I'm no expert on anything WDW, to Walt Disney (the Opening Poster, no the legend): thanks for sharing that mail with us!

As soon as i saw the OP's email response, i decided to try my luck. I fired off an email to the Walt Disney World general inquiry email. All that's left to do is see what i get back.

s2jrston

Crane at AK

There was a huge crane sticking up backstage at DAK on Dec 10. Does anyone know what it was/is doing there?

Imamouse, Is this where you saw the crane?

Site1.jpg

jt04

For those who asked or are not sure, the area in question is shown in the photo link in the above post ^. The FotLK building is the one with the two blue tunnels coming out of it. This is the last remaining element of Camp Minnie Mickey. As you can see, this land only takes up a very small portion of the land that was slated in the original plans for Beastly Kingdom. It is now rumored to be a new Jules Verne-esque type "Discoveryland" with an emphasis on mythical creatures. It is nowhere near RPW or the steam train as someone asked.

It's obvious there is plenty of land there for a major new land as it encompasses all the land between the two backstage roads. So, time will tell. Still awaiting that e-mail. :cool:

RSoxNo1

I did the backstage safari tour on 12/10. The crane was in the parking lot behind the Rainforest Cafe, and not in use.

My understanding was that they would lift Mysterious Island completely from Disney Sea putting Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20K Leagues under the Sea into that area. Festival of the Lion King would probably be moved to either Rafiki's Planet Watch or Africa (or returned to parade form as was speculated as well).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom