WDW Character Pic of the Day

Disney doesn't really work like that though, they would have dissaproved her or never approved her at all if she was unable to wear the fin since you rarely see Ariel outside of her fin. She looks like she probably does Snow and maybe Cinderella as well but it's pretty doubtful she would only be approved in human Ariel if she couldn't do fins. Unless there was some wacky union issue or she was grandfathered in which with Disney you never know.

Gorjus

Pro Groupie and KCW, do you remember when you saw Ariel? I'm wondering the month and the year. Perhaps Ariel was this girl's only friend. Perhaps she was a CP and is no longer there. Perhaps she didn't even complete her CP program for whatever reason. The photo was taken in Toon Town in the Princess Room. And once in a blue moon, when Cinderella, Belle, or Aurora have duties elsewhere and can't come to TT, Ariel will come visit her friends in TT to fill in. Personally, I've only seen it once.

disnyfan89

Disney doesn't really work like that though, they would have dissaproved her or never approved her at all if she was unable to wear the fin since you rarely see Ariel outside of her fin. She looks like she probably does Snow and maybe Cinderella as well but it's pretty doubtful she would only be approved in human Ariel if she couldn't do fins. Unless there was some wacky union issue or she was grandfathered in which with Disney you never know.

Actually, I know for a fact that there are Ariels out there that are not approved in fin but can do the sea foam dress. It works the same as if a Goofy performer could do standard but not a overlay such as Beach Club Goofy. They don't automatically disaprove you in Goofy altogether because you can't wear one costume. Ariel would work the same way. So you have the face but for whatever reason you can't wear the fin. They wont take Ariel away when they can still utilize you.

Disney is pretty inconsistent with these type things though because I know for a fact that there are several girls who have been dissaproved for not being able to do Ariel in her fin any longer. In most cases they started out being able to do both and then when they couldn't do both any longer they were dissaproved altogether. But with Disney you never know, a few girls could have been luckier or better liked. But I don't know anyone who was trained from the start in only human Ariel, my guess is it wouldn't make much sense to go to the trouble to train someone when they wouldn't be utilized very much as the case would be with Ariel in her dress.

Pro Groupie and KCW, do you remember when you saw Ariel? I'm wondering the month and the year. Perhaps Ariel was this girl's only friend. Perhaps she was a CP and is no longer there. Perhaps she didn't even complete her CP program for whatever reason. The photo was taken in Toon Town in the Princess Room. And once in a blue moon, when Cinderella, Belle, or Aurora have duties elsewhere and can't come to TT, Ariel will come visit her friends in TT to fill in. Personally, I've only seen it once.

I don't remember when it was exactly but I know it was during a several month long refurb of the grotto and so Ariel was a regular in the princess room for awhile and Snow got moved into the pals room during that time. I wanna say it was late 2006 or early 2007.

I'm wondering if maybe she hung out with the other princesses more often than Ariel and maybe I've just never seen her again with Ariel. She looks perfect in the sense that she looks just like cartoon Ariel but she doesn't look much like most of Ariel's other friends. They all have stronger noses and she has that more upturned nose that you see on Snow and Cindy.

disnyfan89

Disney is pretty inconsistent with these type things though because I know for a fact that there are several girls who have been dissaproved for not being able to do Ariel in her fin any longer. In most cases they started out being able to do both and then when they couldn't do both any longer they were dissaproved altogether. But with Disney you never know, a few girls could have been luckier or better liked. But I don't know anyone who was trained from the start in only human Ariel, my guess is it wouldn't make much sense to go to the trouble to train someone when they wouldn't be utilized very much as the case would be with Ariel in her dress.
I would actually say that Ariel appears more in her Dress than in the fin. The only places she appears in her fin would be her Grotto and Fant! (not counting equity Ariel in Voyage of course.) Any other place Ariel usally appears in her dress.

drew81

I know I've posted this before but I like this photo.
group.jpg

I would actually say that Ariel appears more in her Dress than in the fin. The only places she appears in her fin would be her Grotto and Fant! (not counting equity Ariel in Voyage of course.) Any other place Ariel usally appears in her dress.

I guess it would depend on what you define as more often. Her only scheduled locations at all are the Grotto, day parade, spectro (I suppose one would consider that to be her fin), and Akershus which isn't a constant location, she's typically a spare. In the day parade she's in her dress and then at Akershus she's in her dress but she isn't at Akershus daily since they mostly use princesses who then go do sets in World Showcase and Ariel doesn't do sets in World Showcase. Whereas she's in the grotto everyday for most of the day so compared to appearing in the day parade in her dress and occassionally Akershus it seems like more to me. She's pretty rare for meet and greets in the dress.

kcw

I don't remember when it was exactly but I know it was during a several month long refurb of the grotto and so Ariel was a regular in the princess room for awhile and Snow got moved into the pals room during that time. I wanna say it was late 2006 or early 2007.

I'm wondering if maybe she hung out with the other princesses more often than Ariel and maybe I've just never seen her again with Ariel. She looks perfect in the sense that she looks just like cartoon Ariel but she doesn't look much like most of Ariel's other friends. They all have stronger noses and she has that more upturned nose that you see on Snow and Cindy.

Yup, I think it was the last week of my program, so I'd say it was the first week of Jan in 2007. That was definitely during the grotto refurb, so that's why she was there.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw her too- she looks exactly like she does in the cartoon, but nothing like her other friends. And obviously there could be other reasons, but just from the picture, I don't see why she would be shy to come out in her fin :animwink:

And I have to agree with progroupie on this one- Ariel in her seafoam dress is really pretty rare, so I imagine it's all or nothing. Standard/Beach Club Goofy is an entirely different story because Standard Goofy is much more common.

and PS- sorry to everyone that we've kinda hijacked the thread- here's a picture to make it better!!! :) This is a favorite of Goofy and one of my friends!
3050092557_b2b57c4698_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom