WDW Character Pic of the Day

Piebald

Okay, I didn't mean anything by my question, but I heard that some of the characters, notably Ariel and Jasmine, are sometimes beseiged by young male devotees for rather obvious reasons. I am also a lawyer, and sometimes the law becomes involved when there is a perception that a public figure is attracting undue attention from people who fit certain stereotypes (i.e., young men). We had an incident recently in my town in which our County Fair Queen was attracting additional attention by a young man who was obsessed with her. I became involved in an advisory capacity, so I was curious about Disney's take on lone adults visiting the characters, because our fair board specifically tells volunteers to keep an eye out for such incidents.

Flower's child has contributed wonderful photos, and is a true fan of Disney. I probably never should have posted anything, because I am NOT impugning him or anyone else. In fact, I was looking for him on our recent visit just to shake his hand and compliment him on his postings. I assume he is completely harmless (like me), and just loves all things Disney, much like the rest of us. However, a young man in these situations at our county fair would be watched a bit more carefully; I was just wondering if he has noticed any such attention from the handlers or anyone else, I guess.

In any event, Disney probably does have some obsessive fans who need to be dealt with, and I was professionally curious to see how Disney handles these situations. Thanks for all of your input, and keep up the fun work, Flower's Child.

I have personally been told by some of the characters that they love their fans and that some of them truly do kick a$$ (Drew and FlowersChild were named) and others felt that a few others were a bit excessive and weird. Nothing that would cross the line though.

joanna71985

I would definitely say there are some obsessive fans of the characters at WDW. Some might be okay, some may cross the line. I'm a big fan of the Disney characters and usually I visit the characters by myself. I've never had any trouble at all.

I do think a majority of the trouble is from some tour groups and guests who think they can walk up to Ariel and grab her or go behind Winnie the Pooh and slug him with a closed fist. These are the guests who should be kicked out of the park and banned from stepping on Disney property again.

Well, you're a true fan Drew. I really enjoyed the one time I met you.:) But there are some people who cross the line from fans to just a little crazy about the characters (and I have a couple of them in mind).

As for the examples you mentioned, those people drive me crazy. If there's one thing I hate, it's someone who hurts one of the characters.

kcw

However, a young man in these situations at our county fair would be watched a bit more carefully; I was just wondering if he has noticed any such attention from the handlers or anyone else, I guess.

In any event, Disney probably does have some obsessive fans who need to be dealt with, and I was professionally curious to see how Disney handles these situations.

I know for sure that Disney security is always keeping an eye things like this- I once heard a radio conversation between a few of them when they had spotted a guy by himself who looked like he was taking pictures of random kids- they were all over it immediately.

Also, the entertainment cast themselves look out for each other quite a bit too. Performers get to know the "regulars" and which ones are great and which ones you need to be cautious about- and just like a high school rumor, it slowly spreads throughout the department. Also, characters who are working together in the same location one day will fill each other in on things as well. So if Cinderella meets a certain guest at Akershus who makes her feel particularly uncomfortable for whatever reason, she will most likely pass that along to Snow and Belle so that they can be cautious. (Same goes for the unruly children that are sitting in such and such room, table #__, who like to hit and kick ;))

The characters are always smiling, but I'm sure they appreciate some gentle help from to time too.

They absolutely do. :)

*Remembers this is a photo thread, so edits to add picture :) This is one of my favorites of Ariel's friends
3050096535_3eee8f82e0_b.jpg

just switched from photobucket to flickr- still trying to figure out how to post pictures

*edit # 2- (for anyone who uses flickr) that is really big, but the medium is kinda small....no happy medium?? And it gives you two options to link the photos, the HTML and the URL, but then says to use the HTML... why is that, and why can't I get it to work here? Thanks!

If they were, in fact, taken backstage, it's in the better interest of those involved with the picture to not post it. He'll be out for everyone to see (and post "legal" pictures) of him soon enough. Just be patient. :)

Azerin

Here is my picture for today :) My favorite Lost Boy :)

Clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where other new Boo to You parade pictures are available (Just uploaded ~100 tonight) :)

dizpins14

Looking at all of these character pictures makes me miss being a CPer. Maybe once I graduate I can run down to Disney for awhile and try a character audition or two. I was told I'm the the right height for a lot of the male face characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom