WDW Celebrations: World Wide Weekend

jerlev

Original Poster
With WWW just a month (and 2 days) away, I was thinking it's really time to start a thread to discuss who's going and what we're planning to do that weekend!

My wife and I will be attending. We ditching the kids this time so that we can go on the "add-on" behind the scenes tour. My parents live in Jacksonville and will keep the kids.

We also signed up for the dinner planned at EPCOT, but I fear it may have been canceled due to lack of interest (or sign-ups).

So, if you're coming, why not chime in!

See you there!! And soon!

Oh, for those that do not know what this is, you can get full details at wdwcelebrations.com!

jasondiff

I just wanted to chime in to say that we plan on releasing a tentative schedule very soon to help everyone in planning their weekend!

jedimaster1227

Hey Jerry! I will be there for the World Wide Weekend (just in case anyone wasn't sure). As Jason said, we will be releasing our tentative schedule over the next few days, so things should speed up quickly as the days count down.

For anyone waiting for my typical attendee count, we now have 506 registered attendees (including myself). We've locked in our tour (which should open up soon as well) and some of the perks throughout our event. We've even created a unique event (the first we've ever done) specifically for our day at Epcot that I think everyone will enjoy...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For anyone waiting for my typical attendee count, we now have 506 registered attendees (including myself). We've locked in our tour (which should open up soon as well) and some of the perks throughout our event. We've even created a unique event (the first we've ever done) specifically for our day at Epcot that I think everyone will enjoy...

How many people do you have doing the Living Seas Salon lounge lunch? Wish I could be there for that one, we had our wedding reception in there, and its such a cool place. You'll all love that one!

jerlev

Original Poster
Email update was just sent out by WDW Celebrations... Sad news, indeed.

Due to our inability to meet Disney's required minimum, we have made the decision to cancel the Private Luncheon which was planned to be held at the Salon at the Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion on Saturday, September 27, 2008.

jedimaster1227

Email update was just sent out by WDW Celebrations... Sad news, indeed.

Yes, we are extremely sad about not being able to hold this event, but we believe it was the right thing to cancel it in the end.

To make up for the loss of that aspect of the World Wide Weekend, we have developed a Scavenger Hunt for our day at Epcot (that will also encompass the Food and Wine Festival) that we feel will definitely make for a fun day. Along with this are our typical group rides and couple more surprises thrown in the mix for the day. The event overall will still be a blast! :animwink:

gbruenin

We're ditching the kids, too. Both are high school now, and after Celebration25 last fall they both said they can't affort to miss the school days, just too much catch-up. So, just the wife and I :sohappy:, traveling in Wed night to be up bright and early for the Thursday tour. We're also not flying back till Monday AM so we can hang out late Sunday evening. Staying at CBR, so we get to check out the new pool while we're there, too.

Gary

JerseySkiddie

I'll be there and planning on doing the tour. I always wanted to do one anyway but now I'll get to do it with a bunch of fellow Disney dorks. See you guys in less than a month!

EpcotServo

Hurrrmmmm....I don't know what I can make it for, so I haven't signed up yet. Perhaps I could make it too the MGM part on the last day, but I don't know yet.

jerlev

Original Poster
13 Days and counting...

I registered me and my wife for the tour. Sounds like a great tour! Looking forward to the trip. See you all real soon!! :wave:

Details on the tour can be found HERE.

jeffb

I will be there for the weekend, but unfortunately not for the tour (which sounds excellent) as I don't land until Friday. See you all then!

EPCOT.nut

I won't be there for the tour, but I will be there for the rest of the extended weekend activities and I'm really looking forward to it! We are staying at Coronado Springs. If anyone sees me and my husband there, please don't hesitate to come up and introduce yourself! :)

Jekyll_Baker

I'm going down on Wednesday sometime to check-in at Port Orleans Riverside, but early enough to get some rest for Thursday's tour. I've done Keys to the Kingdom tour and have wanted to do the Backstage Magic tour for some time - this is a great opportunity to do so. I haven't decided whether I'm gonna attend MNSSHP on Friday or not, but probably will. Then I'll be there until Monday afternoon - Yay! Good thing it's only a 3 hour drive!

See ya'll in a couple weeks

Lee

Adventurer
Bummer. I'm gonna have to miss the tour and Friday's activities.
I'll be there Saturday and for a bit on Sunday. Gotta have to do my own add-on on Sunday at ESPN Club....:cool:

imamouse

I'll be at WDW Sept 24 - 29 in order to not miss anything. I've signed up for the tour and I'm really looking forward to another fun celebration.

EPCOT.nut

Man! I really wish I could do the tour - I keep hearing how much fun it will be, very memorable. I shall live vicariously through all yall that get to have the experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom