WDW begins to prepare for Charlie, possible park closures for friday...

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Tigggrl said:
Will they be joined by REO Speedwagon singing "Riding the Storm Out" ???

ROTFLMFAO! :lol: :lol:

You know that will be stuck in my head for the rest of the week now... dont you? :lol: :kiss:

I heard Madonna will be singing "Causing a Commotion." Phil Collins will be sining "In the Air Tonight." I will be leaving to Disney tonight so I am hoping and praying that Charley gets some pixie dust and does nothing to Disney!!! :lookaroun

By the time that Charley hits Florida, it's gonna be a category 3 storm. How great! Let's see how my house gets knocked down! I'll make sure to post pictures of it on Saturday.

:lookaroun

Tigggrl

DMC-12 said:
ROTFLMFAO! :lol: :lol:

You know that will be stuck in my head for the rest of the week now... dont you? :lol: :kiss:
I couldnt resist! You set it up so perfectly! :animwink:

patelaine1953

ZHoyt said:
When is all this storm business supposed to taper off? We're supposed to leave on Tuesday, are we in the clear for traveling or is this going to hamper things a bit?
Charley is expected to be in Canada by 8 a.m. on Monday. There shouldn't be any problems with your flight.

orlpassholder

Greetings all from the well tied down Geek Labs

Disney has moved into a new "Phase" with the Hurricane

From the Cast Portal

Phase 3
Intensify clean up and tie down – pre-determined emergency supplies are delivered, evaluate moving to next phase.

What does that mean "Your area leaders are securing areas for storm conditions and analyzing staffing phases for organized release. Cast Members may be asked to assist with clean up and tie down within the area. They may also be asked to begin closing their areas in preparation to leave. Those designated to be on ride-out crews will be notified and may be sent home to secure personal property, before returning."

Theres only 2 phases left which I have a strong feeling it is going to be at Phase 1 (Total Park Shutdown) very soon

As many have said it believe Charley will be a strong Category 3 Hurricane... I have friends staying at Fort Wilderness I have already told them to prepare to get out and seek shelter.

xfkirsten

Wow, this is shaping up to be a mess. All y'all in Florida, stay safe out there! And for those crazy ones who want to brave the parks if they remain open... post pics! :lol:

-Kirsten

PhotoDave219

As far as im concerned, its going to be business as usual until around noonish. Anyone's guess after that, The parks will be opening 1 hour early tomorrow. Personally i am anticipating closure of the parks in the afternoon/evening with the anticipated evening/nighttime landfall.

Lee

Adventurer
We're driving up tomorrow morning from Miami.
I guess we'll just be riding it out at Coronado on Friday.
Should be...ummm...interesting. :veryconfu

maxime29

Premium Member
I'll pray for the safety of everyone down there.

Has WDW ever had severe damage to the parks/resorts in previous hurricanes?

tigger248

Wow this is all really scary. My best friend is down there as a cp and she's pretty scared. Her grandma is visiting and is supposed to go home to New York tomorrow and she's worried about getting stranded. I also have some friends from work down there for the first time with their 4 year old.

Living in Kentucky, we've seen our fair share of tornadoes (this year especially). A couple of months ago we had a lot of them, including a funnel cloud right on top of where I work which thankfully didn't drop. We also had a bad storm a few weeks ago that was the equivalence of a category I hurricane. It was pretty bad with a lot of widespread damage. So, now I sorta have a feel for what you guys in Florida are facing. I just hope and pray that all of you stay safe. Take care everyone.

imamouse

CrackerJack said:
In 1999, we were there when Hurricane Fred was supposed to hit Orlando. It was to hit late in the night and they closed the parks early that day (There were very few people there that day) and closed them for the following day as a precaution.

Fred ended up hitting around North Carolina.

Lesson for the Day: NEVER trust a weatherman !!!

As comic book guy would say: Worst WDW Vacation Ever ! :(

Slight correction - it was Hurricane Floyd, not Fred. I was also at WDW the week that Floyd hit, and I live in NC, so trust me, it was Floyd.

We went to AK the day the hurricane was due to hit (at night, as stated above), and it was very windy and not much in the way of food/shops were open. They made an announcement that AK would be closing early and for everyone to move toward the exits. At the gates, instead of "Good-bye :wave: & See ya real soon" it was more like, "Get OUT" but I can't blame them.
The next day, AK was the only WDW park to open, and it opened at noon. It was the first time in WDW history that the MK, etc were unable to open. The main reason for not opening was that CMs could not get to work. The evacuaton routes were jammed (first; outgoing - then incoming the next day)!

quadman

Don't know if this has been said or not...... But as we arrived back at our room this evening (from a lovely weather calm evening watching the Epcot fireworks from The Boardwalk/Beach Club bridge) there was a voice mail on our phone from Park Management that advised all parks would be opened tomorrow (Friday) unless otherwise advised, but indicated that we should tune into the TV before leaving the rooms in the morning before going out to the parks.... DUH!.... :lookaroun:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Lee said:
We're driving up tomorrow morning from Miami.
I guess we'll just be riding it out at Coronado on Friday.
Should be...ummm...interesting. :veryconfu

hey Lee.. drop me a line... tomorrow could prove to be a very fun day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom